SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

I'm just being messy. I like it when it get like this. I'm done. Good Day Fellas.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:34 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Me too. But I wouldn't call this one messy.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:40 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
A lot of our society is raising a bunch of weak ***, video game playing, scared to get dirty young men.
I lay the blame here on the parents who allow this to happen. Our sons are limited to 1 hour per day of video games. Social media is also limited. They can earn some extra time by pursuing outdoor activities. They usually save their extra time for stretches of bad weather when they can't get outside.

There are really three things in tension here:

1. work vs. play
2. outside vs. inside
3. isolated vs. social

Parents would do well to make sure all three are in balance. Don't let society raise your children. Make some decisions, and raise them yourself.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:15 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I lay the blame here on the parents who allow this to happen. Our sons are limited to 1 hour per day of video games. Social media is also limited. They can earn some extra time by pursuing outdoor activities. They usually save their extra time for stretches of bad weather when they can't get outside.

There are really three things in tension here:

1. work vs. play
2. outside vs. inside
3. isolated vs. social

Parents would do well to make sure all three are in balance. Don't let society raise your children. Make some decisions, and raise them yourself.
Yes sir. Having met your children I can say they are some fine young adults MG. You have very respectful and well grounded children and I am happy to have met them.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:21 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

The truth is we are a nation of immigrants. We took over land that was already "owned" by another group. Many of our ancestors begged, stole, borrowed, and did all kinds of things to get over here and then ran out the indigenous people. Whitey been doing this for ages
Old 09-24-2015, 08:29 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Doesnt mean we cant stop it from happening again....
Old 09-24-2015, 09:46 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
Very true. We are no more responsible for what happened to native amaericans (mongolian immigrants) than we are responsible for slavery. We have to play the hand we are dealt and make damn sure we win. Mexicans are here by the millions but as a general rule they aren't trying to wipe us from earth. Muslims on the other hand are different. I have no issue with total removal of them by any means needed.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
I agree. fine businesses for using illegals

Who changed my avatar?
Old 09-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecb View Post
Me too. But I wouldn't call this one messy.
True. messy wasn't a good word to use.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Matt G.

My grandparents are from So. Gueydan .. I Use to speak a little cajun french.. Now as I'm older.. Its one of the biggest regrets I have, not learning and speaking it well...

I'm extremely proud of my cajun heritage. I regret my 2 sons not learning it. There sitter for 2-5 yrs old spoke cajun french fluently.. I should have paid her extra to teach my sons french.

There is power in being able to speak to people in more than one language. I wish I could find someone to help teach me again.. Yes, I agree I see the xbox and video's are a huge distraction ..

I grew up riding my shwinn bike with banana seat and handle bars, streamer's coming out of the grips.. We use to use playing cards and clothes pins in the spokes to make out bike sound Cool..

Anyone here remember doing that??? It WAS COOL..
Old 09-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Flounder

Cash: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Matt G.

My grandparents are from So. Gueydan .. I Use to speak a little cajun french.. Now as I'm older.. Its one of the biggest regrets I have, not learning and speaking it well...

I'm extremely proud of my cajun heritage. I regret my 2 sons not learning it. There sitter for 2-5 yrs old spoke cajun french fluently.. I should have paid her extra to teach my sons french.

There is power in being able to speak to people in more than one language. I wish I could find someone to help teach me again..
Well said and I wish more people thought like this. Its not the end of the world if other people dont speak "Murican" in "Murica." Dont make fun of someone for their accent, before Cajun was cool outsiders made fun of us for ours, ya know?
Old 09-24-2015, 02:02 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjleger337 View Post
Well said and I wish more people thought like this. Its not the end of the world if other people dont speak "Murican" in "Murica." Dont make fun of someone for their accent, before Cajun was cool outsiders made fun of us for ours, ya know?
I agree and disagree. Other langauges are cool as long as one can communicate in the socially accepted language. Cajun french is awesome and I want to learn Spanish just so I can F with the groups of laughing mexicans in the convenient store. I despise it when mexicans come into our shop and you have no idea what they want. Truck broke is not an accurate desciption of what your issue is.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Flounder

Cash: 633

Quote:
I agree and disagree. Other langauges are cool as long as one can communicate in the socially accepted language. Cajun french is awesome and I want to learn Spanish just so I can F with the groups of laughing mexicans in the convenient store. I despise it when mexicans come into our shop and you have no idea what they want. Truck broke is not an accurate desciption of what your issue is.
Yes dont get me wrong whatever is the common language of where you live you should also be fluent in too but I was more referring to mandating that people arent taught to continue speaking their native languages.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

My grandfather spoke Cajun French until he passed away in March. Nothing better than listening to he and his sister yelling at each other in French. Regret too not learning it from him.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:06 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
I stopped in a place around Jeanerette to get a biscuit and these two old people were sitting around drinking coffee speaking what I guess was French. Told them to get outta here with that garbage. This is America and we speak American. If you want to speak French, go back to France. No need for that kinda jibberish here. I stopped going in that store because of that reason.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:48 PM
Redfish

Cash: 893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Save the "Illeagles"!
Oh My God that's funny
Old 09-25-2015, 09:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 705

Mine come from Canada via the Haute Savoie region of southern France and from Normandy...(the Herpins). They all ended up in the Marais Buller region of Acadia and St. Landry Parish...aka...Mier and Cankton.