SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

Its a shame but most ,not all guides do the same thing . Its a viscious cycle if everyone keep doing it to everyone.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543
Thumbs up

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.JPG (19.9 KB, 423 views)
Old 09-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I know one thing ... My people wanted live shrimp last week and that was the easiest fishing ever .. Wonder why so many guides can't catch fish on plastic lol

That is the easiest fishing ever , had limits by 9am 3 days in a row and I use artificial and only caught like 13 best day out of 3

If you can't catch on Live shrimp you better stop trying to be a guide
Old 09-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
something truly sad happened to me a few weeks ago.. I got the experience in freshwater, while fishing for bass. I've never seen that happen before while freshwater fishing. I always thought bass guys were a little more courteous than others. It was a tragic day. He did exactly that. Parked on the spot where the fish were holding.. I even asked him to back off then cast as he was sitting on top of the fish and all he did was curse me out
Sounds like the points in Henderson. I refuse to fish the community spots and can catch my share avoiding the crowds.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerun View Post
Its a shame but most ,not all guides do the same thing . Its a viscious cycle if everyone keep doing it to everyone.
when this happens I just pull up a few feet from the boat so all on the boat can hear and I loudly tell everyone on that boat to remember to tell everyone they know how their charter capt is so dumb he cant find any fish on his own so he has come and steal fishing spots from other people rather then share the area and they should find someone else for their next trip.

I love watching them pot licker wanna be captains turn purple when I do that
Old 09-29-2015, 02:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Warning: Well none of all u little whiner better not fish the cove in the fall out of Cypremort Pt. LMAO
Old 09-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Warning: Well none of all u little whiner better not fish the cove in the fall out of Cypremort Pt. LMAO
there is a big difference in fishing crowded areas with lots of boats and someone crossing right over where you are fishing so you cant even cast your line. the former is a frustrating PITA but the later is just uncalled for.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

The cove will look like a parking lot.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
when this happens I just pull up a few feet from the boat so all on the boat can hear and I loudly tell everyone on that boat to remember to tell everyone they know how their charter capt is so dumb he cant find any fish on his own so he has come and steal fishing spots from other people rather then share the area and they should find someone else for their next trip.

I'd pay to see that.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post

Cant leave a purple captain w/o plowing right thru the fishing area he tried to force you off of.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:07 AM
Flounder

Cash: 656

You guys at BL think you have it bad, just come over to Cypremort Point and try to fish when they're biting. Those a holes will almost throw an anchor in your boat to get next to you if you're on fish. Fish birds? Don't ever try at VB. It used to be the idiots only came out on weekends, but now its all week long.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

Birds??.....

Did someone say birds!!????...Where? Where?

Damn it, I dropped my binoculars pulling up my trolling motor.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:11 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

This is a problem I have seen get progressively worse for me over the years and I recently discovered a solution that works quite well. The only problem is I really only feel comfortable doing it when I am fishing alone in an isolated spot and someone rolls up on me. What I do is take off all of my clothes and just continue fishing like they aren't there. They usually don't stay to long. Yelling and causing a scene usually only makes the offending potlicker more determined to mess up your day but when they roll up on a guy fishing naked they know they are not dealing with a stable individual.

I am afraid that is the only way I have discovered to deal with them. I would like to think that most serious fisherman respect each others space, but potlickers aren't fisherman. They bought a boat and can't really figure out how to put fish in it. They want something to show for all the money they spent and they are going to get their pound of flesh. They don't see anything wrong with what they are doing and its very hard to convince the otherwise unless it happens to them a few times. They will end up growing out of it or selling their boat. Guides who do it probably won't last too long and eventually go back to bartending or land a job selling pharmaceuticals.

Every time it happens to me I fantasize about trolling over and beating the guy unconscious. When I am done pounding his head into his console I take the keys off his boat and throw them into the water. Then I turn back and wink at his girl friend and without a word being said she jumps in my boat with me and I catch her limit too. When I return to reality I usually just pick up the trolling motor, give him a dirty look and leave.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
This is a problem I have seen get progressively worse for me over the years and I recently discovered a solution that works quite well. The only problem is I really only feel comfortable doing it when I am fishing alone in an isolated spot and someone rolls up on me. What I do is take off all of my clothes and just continue fishing like they aren't there. They usually don't stay to long. Yelling and causing a scene usually only makes the offending potlicker more determined to mess up your day but when they roll up on a guy fishing naked they know they are not dealing with a stable individual.

I am afraid that is the only way I have discovered to deal with them. I would like to think that most serious fisherman respect each others space, but potlickers aren't fisherman. They bought a boat and can't really figure out how to put fish in it. They want something to show for all the money they spent and they are going to get their pound of flesh. They don't see anything wrong with what they are doing and its very hard to convince the otherwise unless it happens to them a few times. They will end up growing out of it or selling their boat. Guides who do it probably won't last too long and eventually go back to bartending or land a job selling pharmaceuticals.

Every time it happens to me I fantasize about trolling over and beating the guy unconscious. When I am done pounding his head into his console I take the keys off his boat and throw them into the water. Then I turn back and wink at his girl friend and without a word being said she jumps in my boat with me and I catch her limit too. When I return to reality I usually just pick up the trolling motor, give him a dirty look and leave.

yes!!! best solution yet
Old 09-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

Sounds like a solid plan lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post

Old 10-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

until you can just shoot them and sell their stuff on e-bay, it will just get worse.

here lately the trend in the basin is now to drive by you wide open, only to shut down and start fishing 50 ards ahead of you in a 45' wide canal.

it's amazing how much mud i can stir up as i drive a circle or two around these people then leave and pass 5' off the bank the whole way home and piss everybody off with my mudmotor.

i honestly think these people are so stupid that they would watch you pull out the ar, rack one in the chamber, watch you tap the forward assist, achive a good sight picture on them, and then shoot half the people in the boat before they could fathom the fact that they are getting taken care of.

i just hope when i go poastal the guy has apower pole on his boat. i always wanted one. lol
maybe a depth finder or a fishfinder too.

if you head shoot them you might be able to sell some of their clothes as well. a dollar's a dollar.

all this is nice to think about, but potlicking is just a problem we will have to put up with.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopete View Post
until you can just shoot them and sell their stuff on e-bay, it will just get worse.

here lately the trend in the basin is now to drive by you wide open, only to shut down and start fishing 50 ards ahead of you in a 45' wide canal.

it's amazing how much mud i can stir up as i drive a circle or two around these people then leave and pass 5' off the bank the whole way home and piss everybody off with my mudmotor.

i honestly think these people are so stupid that they would watch you pull out the ar, rack one in the chamber, watch you tap the forward assist, achive a good sight picture on them, and then shoot half the people in the boat before they could fathom the fact that they are getting taken care of.

i just hope when i go poastal the guy has apower pole on his boat. i always wanted one. lol

if you head shoot them you might be able to sell some of their clothes as well. a dollar's a dollar.

all this is nice to think about, but potlicking is just a problem we will have to put up with.
You may want to seek therapy or a private pond to fish...
Old 10-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:

I could never go there but I have dreamed of putting about a dozen bullet holes through their hulls and motor so they are regulated back to bank fishing since they clearly cannot respect the rights of others when boating.

problem is, if you pop off a few "warning shots" in a safe manner straight into the water to "send a message" loud and clear, they end up having you arrested as a "maniac" who started shooting at them for no reason at all

if I could ever be certain which truck and trailer belonged to them, I would let the air out of both trailer tires and spare and leave a note on the windshield saying next time it will be the truck tires too if they cant respect others on the water.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003
Lmfao

Quote:

ummmmm........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg what.jpg (21.0 KB, 146 views)
Old 10-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Some of you might need some sort of anger management when you're fishing. Stupidity on the part of others should not ruin your day of fishing by raising your temper to devcon 5.