SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

Old 09-17-2012, 09:14 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default Duce

Man i was at acadiana outfitters on saturday, and saw a display that said "GET TWISTED" so i had to check them out, wondering why the called them "twisted", picked one up, pole felt really good, freaked out when i saw that the eyes did a 180, i almost did a 180, man i can't wait till i am at the level to where i can spend that kind of money on a pole so that i can buy one and see how they perform, but it sure did feel nice though,

what is the benefit of having the eyes twisted like that?

ps I didn't see any YMB over there, didn't see any split rings either, they have a small selection of fishing tackle

the guy behind the counter was only helpful when it came time for me to check out, every time i asked him if he had some thing he said was that "if you don't see it it's not out there then we don't have it" then i found two pieces of something else he said they "probably don't have"
Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
man i was at acadiana outfitters on saturday, and saw a display that said "get twisted" so i had to check them out, wondering why the called them "twisted", picked one up, pole felt really good, freaked out when i saw that the eyes did a 180, i almost did a 180, man i can't wait till i am at the level to where i can spend that kind of money on a pole so that i can buy one and see how they perform, but it sure did feel nice though,

Ps i didn't see any ymb over there, didn't see any split rings either, they have a small selection of fishing tackle

the guy behind the counter was only helpful when it came time for me to check out, every time i asked him if he had some thing he said was that "if you don't see it it's not out there then we don't have it" Then i found two pieces of something else he said they "probably don't have"
was it brent or sonny i have always had great service with brent sonny is so so
Old 09-17-2012, 11:01 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED 1983 View Post
was it brent or sonny i have always had great service with brent sonny is so so
not sure who it was, but i have been there before and had really good service as well, this was a younger guy haven't seen him before
Old 09-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Well tell then to call me back and we will get the jig heads in there, I emailed them the jig head brochure a month ago
Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

the twisted duce rod is a spiral rod, the reason the guides are directed to the underside of the rod is because when your line pulls down on a regular rod the line causes the top guides to turn down while the part of the rod down by the handle is still right side up, this is one major reason for rods breaking when hooking fish or stumps! also with the guides on the opposite side of the rod the line rest on guides instead of the rod which lessens stress on rod. I have 3 custom spiral rods made, I haven't bought a duce rod yet, but I recommend spiral over regular rods any day especially if you want micro guides!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

I won 2 at the saltycajun tournament. They're some sick rods. Like them both a lot

sammich
Old 09-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
Man i was at acadiana outfitters on saturday, and saw a display that said "GET TWISTED" so i had to check them out, wondering why the called them "twisted", picked one up, pole felt really good, freaked out when i saw that the eyes did a 180, i almost did a 180, man i can't wait till i am at the level to where i can spend that kind of money on a pole so that i can buy one and see how they perform, but it sure did feel nice though,

ps I didn't see any YMB over there, didn't see any split rings either, they have a small selection of fishing tackle

the guy behind the counter was only helpful when it came time for me to check out, every time i asked him if he had some thing he said was that "if you don't see it it's not out there then we don't have it" then i found two pieces of something else he said they "probably don't have"
Like they said above. But it also increases you casting distance dramatically! People are seeing upwards of 30% more distance. It decreases the friction of the line and the blank during the cast. Also by using the spirals micros it reduces line flutter which wastes energy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
DuceRods.com
Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,382

Once you go Duce you never go back!