SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 11-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,429
Default Cypremort Point 11/9/13

Well we had our annual TTT trout tournament this past saturday. I fished around the rocks to the south of the park all day. Started throwing topwater religiously for those big trout but didn't have a single bite. Around 10am I see some people outside the rocks catching every few minutes so I paddle out and start drifting throwing a glow/chartreuse shrimp. I pick up my first three in about 15 min. I grab a glow corky broke back and fling it out and snatch up a nice 2-3lb trout. After about 30-40 minutes without a bite I see a boat next to me catch 4 trout on four straight casts, and I hear the guy say "electric chicken". I grab my bait box remembering that last month I bought a bag of H&H electric chicken minnow for 99 cents. I put it on and immediately start putting fish in the boat. I sat in that one spot for about one hour just loading up my ice chest till a boat drifted right through my area that I was casting in and when they did not catch they cranked up their big motor and scared the fish off. I then move closer to the rocks, almost right in between them and start throwing away to the out side. I picked up a quick 3 and missed 2 really nice trout. I left them biting only because of the tournament, I really think I could have sat there and caught one more limit of trout. I ended up with 21 trout with only 2-3 13" trout, the rest were averaging 15-16".

Old 11-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Nice catch and report
Old 11-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393
BigGrin

Awesome catch and thanks for the report. Sorry to hear about the A- hole killing your bite....there are a few, however most of the anglers in this area are good sportsmen and women.....
Old 11-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Redfish

Cash: 893

It's amazing how stupid and inconsiderate some people are! I'm thinking about bringing a paintball gun with me to shoot people's boats with when they do stupid **** like that. "Oh I'm sorry I shot your boat. I didn't see you there, just like you didn't see me here catching fish where you're drifting over." Idiots.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Trophy Trout

I thought about slinging a big topwater across their boat but decided against that. There were only a few people like that saturday, another actually trolled a circle around a buddy who was also catching just past the rocks. 99% of the anglers out there stayed their distance and when they drifted a little to close they would just turn and go exactly the direction they were coming from so not to disturb the fish.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

There were a bunch of boats out there Saturday. Everyone was well behaved in our area. I trolled in got near the rocks and saw a few people catching talked to a few of the kayakers as we passed each other. When we were done we trolled out before starting the big engine.

I usually don't fish the crowds but the cove had the only clean water on Saturday.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,322

Nice catch and nice report!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,127

Good report. I also got cut off by a boat today....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

the cove sucks man... people think its ok to come drift within casting distance!! We had our power pole down for a while and they wouldn't try to turn their drifts or slow down they'd come right through us!! Pisses me off so much!! I don't know how they feel ok doing that!! I try to stay about 3 casting distances away from everyone, because I don't want to get our lines crossed!! I don't know if these ppl can only throw 10 foot or what, but they come close enough to almost jump in their boat... Usually why I leave that place and go find other fish.

Sunday though I witnessed something ridiculous that I would have reamed someones *** if they would have did this to me. We were fishing around the boat docks and they had a guy fishing off the pier close to bank on the south side of a pier and there was a boat on the north side of the same pier(red nautic star), and there was another boat making its way to go fish the south side, but he wasn't disturbing the man on the pier because he wasn't near the shore, but he was between the piers. Well the red nautic star started up his outboard and went around the pier and forced his way between the boat and the pier to get close to the shore where the guy from the pier was casting and screwed up the man on the piers fishing and the other boat.... and this was between the close piers not the ones where there is a bigger gap... firkin ridiculous
Old 11-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

My rule of thumb is to troll to the side of someone's boat that they aren't casting to, then tie off to them quietly and cast over their boat to get in on the action without disturbing the bite. A heavy cork ensures I get the distance needed to clear them and drop my bait where they are catching.

Courtesy my friends, courtesy.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Flounder

Cash: 676

People are people, some are oblivious, and others just don't give a $&@/. I think what makes it worse for us (hunters and fisherman) is that we tend to set ourselves apart from others because we have a different mindset and value respect and common courtesy. We assume fellow hunters and fisherman will do the same and when they don't, I really pisses us off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Redfish

Cash: 893

Well the question is, do they just not know better or they do but don't give a damn? So they're either a complete dumbass, or an assh***. I think when someone does something like this, we should let them know of your "displeasure". Either way, if they're just ignorant or an a-hole, they might think twice before doing it again.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Flounder

Cash: 924

Congrats on the solid fishing! Sorry about your experience.

I was fishing over in BL with a good friend who came in from CO and on Saturday afternoon and got into a group of birds, had another buddy of mine in a near by boat and he joined in and were were catching. I turn around to observe my surroundings and see a boat coming from a distance all out rt towards our two boats and gets pretty close to us before shutting down and throwing down his trolling motor on high trying to split our boats but finally jumps around our boats and runs into the birds and spokes them off. We caught a couple trout after that and then he decides he's gonna leave and starts up and heads back to another group of boats fishing birds. Later that evening our two boats get on another group of birds and again from a distance we see this boat coming in down wind of the birds full out and this time just stops ontop of the birds and shuts down the fishing. Only to have him run off and join another group of boats. I guess he was out fishing boats. But for the rest of the boats out there it appeared everyone was giving each other space except for him. Couldn't understand it, its a big lake. Sorry had to vent.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Red Snapper

Its funny how people are, as gilmo said, we tend to hold the outdoors men to a higher standard which is why we are so offended when they act the fool. Trying to educate these fools never works since a fool is usually full of pride.

If they could realize showing courtesy usually ends with both boats sharing info, such as lures and colors that are catching fish.

Paublo, looks like you started an incidental rant here, congrats on the catch again, good job man.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Trophy Trout

What I like is when I know the fish are on a reef and let's say I'm throwing a corky. I've had a boat come up and start slinging plastics either on the bottom or running them to fast up high. They will ALWAYS scare the fish but like clock work I just wait and when they don't catch right away they troll away and within 5-10 minutes the fish will turn back on. I'll start catching again and the guy/guys in the boat turn around and have this look of confusion b/c they were just their.

Yeah this did turn into a rant forum, don't bother me everyone has to blow off some steam every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Red Snapper

Ha, i bet that is a priceless look!

Got my biggest trout on a corky a few weeks back. I love fishing those types of lures, the surprise hit is the best, especially when they try and take the rod out your hands.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Trophy Trout

yeah they get addicting, I've actually had a guy come up to me when I got out the water and told me that I was pissing him off b/c he brought some friends and they didn't understand why I was catching and they weren't. All was good, we had a good laugh after when I should him what I was fishing with b/c he had the exact bait in his box but didn't think to throw it.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Y'all throw them anytime, or only certain conditions?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Red Snapper

I like it throw them when the water is stained or clear and the fish are feeding on baitfish. They are a bit harder to fish when the wind is blowing. it is hard to feel the lure, but they cast like a rattletrap, you can rocket that sucker.

I like to fish the crazy croaker, just picked up a soft dyne, Cant wait to see how they do.