SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
nm looked it up myself... 399-419 dollars a rod! and you comparing them to a 120-140 duce rod! don't make any sense to me.... I stated that for the PRICE the duce rod is the best rod ive used!
Exactly


He picks out a $500 rod and compares to a $150 one

Lmao


I only have one Duce and slung in 6+ lb redfish before..

And what is the break % on Shamino rods because they are brought back more than any rod I ever seen in my life
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:24 AM
BIG RED 1983's Avatar
BIG RED 1983 BIG RED 1983 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NEW IBERIA
Posts: 759
Cash: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
As I said before I don't understand how ppl are breaking these duce rods! I fish 2-3 times a week and these rods get NO special treatment. I have caught a lot of bigger redfish from a kayak with the ML rod and had it bent 180 degrees never broke. I have had one problem with them and it didn't break just the grip was twisting a lil bit.. .got it swapped out no questions asked.
are you using s series or x series duce rods
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Hitinitdaily's Avatar
Hitinitdaily Hitinitdaily is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 203
Cash: 1,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
Regardless of price who wants to buy a rod that breaks at a high rate, and two that you can't get any warranty work. Your buddy stated that high end rods break easy, that is simply not true anymore.
People who are breaking those rods typically don't know how to fish a lighter rod. You don't flip heavy fish into a boat with a ML. Almost all rods that break are misused or crushed in an accident. I have personally caught fish up to 25lbs on my ML DUCE with ease. There is NOTHING wrong with the blanks, the problem was Duce not having the funds and customer service to replace the rods that had issues. NOW THAT WILL CHANGE.. Don't see any more of a reason to continue this convo.

You don't like the rod stop wasting your time to hate on it. Go buy your $400 rods and leave the people who are happy with the product alone.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:29 AM
specknation specknation is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hammond
Posts: 567
Cash: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitinitdaily View Post
People who are breaking those rods typically don't know how to fish a lighter rod. You don't flip heavy fish into a boat with a ML. Almost all rods that break are misused or crushed in an accident. I have personally caught fish up to 25lbs on my ML DUCE with ease. There is NOTHING wrong with the blanks, the problem was Duce not having the funds and customer service to replace the rods that had issues. NOW THAT WILL CHANGE.. Don't see any more of a reason to continue this convo.

You don't like the rod stop wasting your time to hate on it. Go buy your $400 rods and leave the people who are happy with the product alone.
So its Ok for you to say quote "Duce not having the funds and customer service to replace rods" seems like a double standard to me.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:36 AM
specknation specknation is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hammond
Posts: 567
Cash: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Exactly


He picks out a $500 rod and compares to a $150 one

Lmao


I only have one Duce and slung in 6+ lb redfish before..

And what is the break % on Shamino rods because they are brought back more than any rod I ever seen in my life
Never heard of Shamino rods I think you meant Shimano, anyway I know why you are becoming a DUCE fan new guy promised you some free ones. I am not comparing the DUCE rods to any other rods, I just get kick out of how Loyal you west guys are to the DUCE rods. I don't think you would have the same LOVE if there where made in Slidell. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:43 AM
BassYakR's Avatar
BassYakR BassYakR is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 3,551
Cash: 455
Default

Truth comes out! They are made over here so that's why he cant support them! Case closed... lock thread!
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Hitinitdaily's Avatar
Hitinitdaily Hitinitdaily is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 203
Cash: 1,097
Default

I support Louisiana products!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:44 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
Never heard of Shamino rods I think you meant Shimano, anyway I know why you are becoming a DUCE fan new guy promised you some free ones. I am not comparing the DUCE rods to any other rods, I just get kick out of how Loyal you west guys are to the DUCE rods. I don't think you would have the same LOVE if there where made in Slidell. LOL
Wrong again.... I use Waterloo and have about 13 of them and have zero reason to stop using them

I have broke my rods before, no big deal!!
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:45 AM
specknation specknation is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hammond
Posts: 567
Cash: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
Truth comes out! They are made over here so that's why he cant support them! Case closed... lock thread!
LOL you really think that DUCE rods where made in the West side of the great state of Louisiana. Come Anthony settle this for us Please. LMAO
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:47 AM
BassYakR's Avatar
BassYakR BassYakR is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 3,551
Cash: 455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
LOL you really think that DUCE rods where made in the West side of the great state of Louisiana. Come Anthony settle this for us Please. LMAO
Your last post completely contradicts this statement!
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:49 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,779
Default

Specknation since your an expert on what is good

Tell us which one catches more fish

Vudu Skrimps or H2O Skrimps


What is the difference in these two baits?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10281916.jpg (10.6 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg E016-pearl-chart.jpg (17.1 KB, 173 views)
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:51 AM
cgoods17's Avatar
cgoods17 cgoods17 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: lake charles
Posts: 611
Cash: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
So its Ok for you to say quote "Duce not having the funds and customer service to replace rods" seems like a double standard to me.
I think he said "the problem WAS......"


c'mon dude, got somewhere else with all that ish.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:53 AM
specknation specknation is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hammond
Posts: 567
Cash: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Specknation since your an expert on what is good

Tell us which one catches more fish

Vudu Skrimps or H2O Skrimps


What is the difference in these two baits?
I don't use fake shrimp baits like you W or popping corks like you, so I cannot comment on the fake shrimp baits.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:54 AM
bayouchub bayouchub is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: la
Posts: 965
Cash: 2,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitinitdaily View Post
I support Louisiana products!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Louisiana products? Im sure you are not implying that duce rods are made in Louisiana.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-08-2014, 11:56 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
I don't use fake shrimp baits like you W or popping corks like you, so I cannot comment on the fake shrimp baits.
You don't catch big trout like us here in the west so you can't comment of big fish breaking rods

Case solved!!
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-08-2014, 12:04 PM
specknation specknation is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hammond
Posts: 567
Cash: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
You don't catch big trout like us here in the west so you can't comment of big fish breaking rods

Case solved!!
LOL, I just read a post from another thread you where saying Big Pond (lake) is doomed with the oyster dredging and the weir operation. You already come to east side to make your money. Please don't start coming over here to fish, the east side don't want ya. LMAO
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Hitinitdaily's Avatar
Hitinitdaily Hitinitdaily is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 203
Cash: 1,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouchub View Post
Louisiana products? Im sure you are not implying that duce rods are made in Louisiana.
Louisiana Companies.. Sorry for the choice of words Bayouchub. Man, y'all got too much spare time on your hands that is spend towards negative energy.

The rod is made in Houston now but sold from a Louisiana Based company. Comon guys, grow up!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-08-2014, 12:08 PM
BuckingFastard's Avatar
BuckingFastard BuckingFastard is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Carlyss
Posts: 1,180
Cash: 2,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Wrong again.... I use Waterloo and have about 13 of them and have zero reason to stop using them

I have broke my rods before, no big deal!!
have any spares since i just broke mine!
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:56 PM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
LOL, I just read a post from another thread you where saying Big Pond (lake) is doomed with the oyster dredging and the weir operation. You already come to east side to make your money. Please don't start coming over here to fish, the east side don't want ya. LMAO
......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-04-08 13.54.04.jpg (44.1 KB, 151 views)
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-08-2014, 02:04 PM
BuckingFastard's Avatar
BuckingFastard BuckingFastard is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Carlyss
Posts: 1,180
Cash: 2,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
......
i think i just peed a little.... classic!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map