SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Redfish

Cash: 843

Ahh...... the weapon of A$$ destruction!!
Old 07-15-2015, 02:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
. I learned quickly that mom's discipline technique was far less painful than my dad's.....
I have actually begged my mom for a whoopin as to avoid dads
Old 07-15-2015, 02:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
In another thread "getting a whooping" came up, so I thought Id start this

As a kid what did you get whooped with??

Dad was always a thick *** black leather belt..........

Mom, most of the time what ever she found laying around. A lot of switches, Hot Wheels race car tracks, Wooden spoons, sandals. For the most part Switches and Hot Wheels race car tracks
I got my dads large janitor belt, the one that could hold 472 keys, bare tail no cushion. Did the job, too good. I was about 10 years old and we were at my camp being kids, we all were mooning the boats passing by on the canal when one of my friends points and says "Whats all over your butt" My butt looked like a zebra from all the black bruises across it from that belt. LMAO!!!! I didn't get it a lot but I got it when it was deserved.

My girlfriend has a 8" scar just barely visible down the back of her leg from a horse whip 15 years ago. She repeatedly "forgot" to water the animals on the farm and had a couple rabbits die, that was the last time she forget to do that.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I'm like most. Pops was laying down the leather and mom was whatever was in reach.
Worst thing you could ever hear from mom was "just wait till your dad gets home from work". That was the day you praid he got a raise instead of the boss being an azzhole.
Next worst is being walked out of church then back in knowing everyone knows you just got yout azz tore up.
So true, I was 3 and my grandma wooped my asssams for slamming the screen door!! She didn't care who you was she would make you get a switch and woop you if you did wrong in her house!!! My dad and is friends all tell me them stories!! Wish more people could be like that today and wish I wouldn't of lost that woman in 83, cause that's what the world needs!!!! Not this time out crap!!!!
Old 07-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 767

My dad was a belt guy. The twist was, he made us walk to his closet and pick the belt....The walk to and from was worse than the woopins. Usually.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
When I found out I could run faster than my mom and the egg spatula that was the exact quote I heard. I learned quickly that mom's discipline technique was far less painful than my dad's....of course I would fake everlasting pain when mom dished it out...just to make her feel like she didn't have to involve dad's alligator belt later. I can still hear that snapping sound when he popped that belt.
you ain't joking. Last thing you wanted was to deal with dad when he was hot, sweaty and tired from work. Pain train was what you had a ticket to ride.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

...........what ever he could find..........and we grew up at my dad's gas station and mechanic shop.......so it anything from a fan belt to a 11/16 wrench..........mom wrote more than one note so I did not dress out for PE........

When I tell some of the stories I can see my freinds cringe..........but I deserved every *** whoopin I got.........maybe not the intensity but the whoopin for sure.

And I am damn well a better man for it. And my dad is still my hero.

thing is, when he was lovin on you, you knew without a doubt he was lovin on you. And when he was whoppin on you...........well that was for certain too.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

I never got a whoopin....

That big ole belt with those metal conchos sucked big time. Speaking of... I need to get me a good whoopin belt. My boys getting around that age where a little
Pop don't work anymore.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I never got a whoopin....

That big ole belt with those metal conchos sucked big time. Speaking of... I need to get me a good whoopin belt. My boys getting around that age where a little
Pop don't work anymore.
My son is 7 now and, I've only ever put a belt on him twice...Since the second time, I've never had any real issue with him, aside from the, "Shut the door!" "Leave your sister alone!" "You're gonna break your dang neck if ya keep jumping off that" kinda stuff.

In short, corporal punishment works! I do with my kids what my dad learned to do with us. I'll make em go to their rooms and, wait for me to get there. What seems like torture to them is actually, most likely, doing great things for them because I have a chance to cool off a little.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Redfish

Cash: 626

What a great thread....I don't know how old everyone is, but I'm 39, and it's awesome to hear that no matter what your background was/is the whoopins' were the same for all of us here.

I have two girls and two step kids, and I do not spare the rod on any of them. I don't think I do it with the severity that I got it, but it won't kill them to get a whoopin' (when needed). Most of the time just a glare of the eyes, and/or a raised voice will straighten them right up.

Thanks mom, dad, and grandma.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

And don't try and run cause when he chases the belt sometimes got turned around and when he swung it, the buckle will get ya!
Old 07-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

I deserved every one and so much more
Old 07-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Mom was a switch from a bridal wreath bush that i had to cut, Dad was his belt.
I can't remember either of them ever hitting me w/ their hand.
i tried to be the same w/ my son until he balled up his fist at his mom. All bets were off and as my wife walked out the room i remember her saying ,don't kill him.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:34 AM
Redfish

Cash: 864

That DAMN FLY SWATTER!!!! The metal framed one too!!!!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
And don't try and run cause when he chases the belt sometimes got turned around and when he swung it, the buckle will get ya!
My dad had a belt with his name on it. That was his go to belt. When I had kids he gave it to me. It's still in my closet. I remember him crying once as he tore up my behind. I didn't believe him when he would tell me it hurt him more than it did me when I was a kid but now I know what he meant. I miss that man every day.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Sailfish

It really sucked when mom made you go cut yourself the switch she was gona use on you. It only takes a time or two of bringing back some limp nothing of a switch and you learned to just bite the bullet and cut a good one. If she told you to get it and you cut the one you wanted instead of the one you knew she wanted it wasn't going to end well.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

in a PC world we need more whopins IMO...

Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa kept us in line. Kids today do not have that.

For me it was a belt from Dad. You learn quick, or have to stand alot!
Old 07-17-2015, 10:28 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
in a PC world we need more whopins IMO...

Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa kept us in line. Kids today do not have that.

For me it was a belt from Dad. You learn quick, or have to stand alot!
I really don't like others laying hands on my kids. Of course my my kids are well past that age. My mom and dad my wifes mom and dad matter not to me. You do not interfere in anyway. Let me know if there is discipline needed and I will unleash hell on on earth. You touch one of mine and hell on earth will be let loose on you. I don't have any family that I care about that much other than my wife and kids. Everyone else is just there.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:17 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,296

Dads belt from hell & moms hand. But I have to say, the worst was the coaches shaved bat with the holes in it! Now that thang would stang your butt bad boy!!
Old 07-18-2015, 07:38 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I got paddled by my elementary school teachers and the principal also. Earned every one and more.

These days, parents may want to consider keeping such family dynamics private, lest they face the same kind of legal consequences unleashed on Adrian Peterson.