SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Flounder

Cash: 729

Met you there, I was the guy with the three yr old
Old 04-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkustoms View Post
Met you there, I was the guy with the three yr old
yeah man, i remember.. was good to meet ya! if you're still lookin for some new spots to fish, swing on by the shop when ya get time and i'll pull up the map and see if we cant find ya some new water to fish. i'm always more than happy to help put folks on fish.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post
i was over there last saturday afternoon, burned-out bridge area.. fished for about 3 hours, had 20 small bass.. all but 2 on an xcalibur zell pop - bone/chart. the other 2 ate a black/chart spro crankbait.

Thanks for the info, its been a while since I have been on the Sabine but its on my hit list...

Hydro
Old 04-29-2011, 06:37 AM
Flounder

I know this counts for nothing other than old war stories lol but around ten years ago I fished the Sabine river south of I-10 and la side with nothing but a crappy wal-mart 2-5' white crankbait with black top and pink belly. And a husky jerk bait. Filled the boat with 2-3lb bass that were all over some shad that were running in and out of a pretty big but shallow marsh. Awesome weekend and if I hear of them running like that again I may have to catch the flu at work
Old 04-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Hey Rob yall gonna be on the river this sunday? This is Nate btw! We got two boats goin so far gonna have a friendly lil tourney!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Flounder

Haha, small world ;D I'm probably going to head Saturday unless the wife throws me a change up... Evening or morning not sure... Which area, not sure either lol I'm mainly just trying to show them a good time. My number is the same and if y'all are out there give me a shout. Good luck. Itching for some saltier water soon though
Old 04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Ling

looks like ill be out there saturday and sunday! ill be somewhere on the west fork!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Flounder

I'll be there. Launching at either parkside or bagdad rd... Thinking morning depending on reports this afternoon. Wherehave you heard there's action?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Ling

anywhere north of samhouston really... plans have changed tho... laccasine pool tomorrow morning... and river sunday morning
Old 04-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Flounder

Well best of luck man, have fun.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Flounder

Well had some nice time boat riding time with the fam. Left some nice, clear water near parkside to find myself in a cove near the watermelon bay area. The bass there were small and very white, with hardly any markings ;( Caught on white crankbait after bait fish were being chased. Threw some black creature baits with no luck from there back up to parkside... Water seemed high. When we hit the ship channel I caught some air. Fun for me and the kids, wife didn't find it too fun lmao. Don't know where next weekend will take us but it can only get better from here...
Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I passed over the Calcasieu river on Hwy 171 today and the water very, very muddy.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

Quote:
Well had some nice time boat riding time with the fam. Left some nice, clear water near parkside to find myself in a cove near the watermelon bay area. The bass there were small and very white, with hardly any markings ;( Caught on white crankbait after bait fish were being chased. Threw some black creature baits with no luck from there back up to parkside... Water seemed high. When we hit the ship channel I caught some air. Fun for me and the kids, wife didn't find it too fun lmao. Don't know where next weekend will take us but it can only get better from here...

glad u and the family had a good time and caught some.. we went to sabine and caught about 25, most were small. caught almost all of them on a yozuri hardcore crankbait (shad color) i guess it was a crankbait kinda weekend! lost one about 3lbs when he jumped and shook his head, my popper came flyin out his mouth!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Flounder

Sweet. Yeah playing baitman all day is rewarding but daddys got to get on some fish soon haha. I remember the days of my thumbs being tore up just as they would heal from spring to fall. Thinking of going empty boat next time.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:30 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Quote:
I know this counts for nothing other than old war stories lol but around ten years ago I fished the Sabine river south of I-10 and la side with nothing but a crappy wal-mart 2-5' white crankbait with black top and pink belly. And a husky jerk bait. Filled the boat with 2-3lb bass that were all over some shad that were running in and out of a pretty big but shallow marsh. Awesome weekend and if I hear of them running like that again I may have to catch the flu at work
I always hear about these events AFTER the fact... We "used" to catch that water running out of the marsh below Houma back in the day and nail them, but its been some time since I have had a trip like that...
Old 05-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Flounder

Thinking of braving the large lake in the am... Anyone got any advice?
Old 05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

If you are there early.... give topwater baits a try. It is a blast to watch the trout slam a topwater bait. Don't get too excited and "set the hook" too fast..... give the fish a second and IMO.... you will get more hookups.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Flounder

Tried it, without luck. Caught on live croaker hooked through the back... See my thread for pics... Thanks for the tip. I'll try anything out there. Hopefully the winds stay calm on the weekends haha