SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

I have Golfers Elbow which in on the inside instead of the outside of the elbow . The arm band actually made it hurt worse when I wore it .
Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I'm the one who requested surgery .... He wanted me to attend pyschical therapy

I don't have time for that... And I work 7days away from Therapy

I know surgery will fix it 100%....
Old 07-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,009

"W" No surgery is 100%. I don't care if your going to the Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, M.D. Anderson, etc. If a Doctor of medicine ever guarantee's you a 100% cure rate you better start running away fast. The reality of it it there is just no such thing. I'm no expert but I've been a nurse anesthetist for 30 plus years and I feel I know a few things about medicine. Don't be impatient about your situation, give it a little more time and after conservative treatment is not longer an option then have your surgery. A second opinion is HIGHLY recommended BTW, before surgery.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 744

physical therapy is very rarely a cure.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I really don't need a 2nd Dr. Opinion for Tennis elbow...Dr Holland is one of the best Orhipitic in SW La

He did both my corporal tunnel surgery , and I have been seeing him for years for two budge disk in my neck after my wreck in 05 and shoulder injury from high school

I had one shot in left arm and it fixed it...but right arm is shot I think
Old 07-19-2012, 09:47 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
learn to cast with the other arm...........opens up a whole new world.........
yep I know a couple people who went and got left handed reels and started fishing with the other hand.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 661

w if you want a second opinion my brother (Dr. Perry) at the Orthopedic clinic on Nelson may help you.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasdad View Post
"W" No surgery is 100%. I don't care if your going to the Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, M.D. Anderson, etc. If a Doctor of medicine ever guarantee's you a 100% cure rate you better start running away fast. The reality of it it there is just no such thing. I'm no expert but I've been a nurse anesthetist for 30 plus years and I feel I know a few things about medicine. Don't be impatient about your situation, give it a little more time and after conservative treatment is not longer an option then have your surgery. A second opinion is HIGHLY recommended BTW, before surgery.
What gasdad said.

x 8 bazillion
Old 07-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Flounder

Cash: 665

I had the surgery last year, performed by Dr. Hinton. I experienced terrible pain for the first week and then things began to get slowly better. The tendon damage was pretty severe, therefore that the damaged area had to be removed and the tendon reattached. I felt soreness and tightness for the majority of the last year, and two weeks ago while stirring a pot if jambalaya it all came back. Gonna have to make an appointment next week to see Dr. Hinton.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
x 2 ...

The new place on Nelson (Orthropedic Center of SWLA or something like that) is doing my Ulnar Nerve Reposition this Fall, good group of Doc's over there... The only problem is no fishy-fishy for 6 weeks afterwards ...

Hydro

My mother in law had this done and is doing really well. She was in a sling for little while.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
QUOTE="W";465105]I really don't need a 2nd Dr. Opinion...Dr Holland is one of the best Orhipitic in SW La[/QUOTE]

I wish I could get a 100% guarantee. I'd be all over it.

Clinical History

Technique
Routine non contrast study.

Findings
Alignment is within normal limits. The posterior fossa and cervical cord are within normal limits. There is no visible paraspinal soft tissue abnormality. There is diffuse desiccation of the intervertebral discs of the cervical spine. There is diffuse posterior element hypertrophy.

There is moderate concentric disc bulging at C2-3, causing borderline canal or foraminal stenosis.

At C3-4, there is broad-based dorsal disc bulging asymmetric to the left. There is contact of the cord and moderate narrowing of the left lateral recess. There is moderate left foraminal narrowing and borderline right foraminal narrowing.

At C4-5, there is broad-based disc bulging and posterior element hypertrophy. There is borderline central canal stenosis and moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing.

At C5-6, there is broad-based posterior disk bulging, uncoverterbral hypertrophy and posterior element hypertrophy. There is moderate contact with the cord, borderline central canal narrowing and moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing.

At C6-7, there is broad-based disc bulging causing moderate contact of the cord and borderline central canal narrowing. There is no cord signal abnormality or significant cord deformity. There is moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing.

At C7-T1, there is broad-based disc bulging causing moderate central canal narrowing and bilateral foraminal narrowing.

Impression
Moderately advanced multilevel degenerative disc and joint disease.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 651

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I'm the one who requested surgery .... He wanted me to attend pyschical therapy

I don't have time for that... And I work 7days away from Therapy

MRI showed scar tissue on mine so physical therapy wouldn't have done any good. I had surgery (removed scar tissue) and was back to regular activities in 6 weeks. However, it took about 3 months total before I could workout. Mine didn't require physical therapy afterwards. Those shots suck! I would do surgery again before having those shots again!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:30 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

Get it done! Any one can catch fish w 2 good arms takes skill to do it w one! Let's prove how good u are! 2 days after pec surgery doped up casting left handed reel w right lolImageUploadedByTapatalk1342805223.209841.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1342805332.045549.jpg
Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Damn Son, Drew Brees aint got nothing on you.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Flounder

Cash: 782

Don't worry if you need a caster and a reeler let me know, I'm mean if you want to stay current on fishing patterns and movements throughout Big lake.. Just send me a message when you need someone to reel in some fish.. Oh and it won't cost you a dime just point me in the right direction...
Old 07-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Flounder

Cash: 751

"W",

Ive had it done on both elbows... Sucks to be out, but you will be out for a min of about 9 weeks..

I had one done in 2010, and one done in 2011....

It is a great relief once it is done and over. You will feel the pain once you start fishing again, but it will go away over time and you will be pretty good. Mine are no way 100%, but they are 95 or so.

Get it done, you will be glad. However, since you fish alot.. Wait till febuary to get it done like I did.

Capt Thomas