SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

A federal official tells CBS News that according to state records all three weapons that Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza had with him were bought legally and were registered to Lanza's mother.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
While I don't care for his policies, I do think his emotion was geniune. I was nowhere directly tied to today's events and, I found myself repeatedly fighting tears back.

He's an idiot in my views but, he is still a parent.

Hard to say it was genuine. I did not see tears to speak of but the gestures to point them out were there.

As a true politician obama will take an opportunity to advance his desires.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
A federal official tells CBS News that according to state records all three weapons that Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza had with him were bought legally and were registered to Lanza's mother.

Consider letting your representatives know to not touch or alter the 2ndamendment as written.

obama let it be known today he is coming for it.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Flounder

Cash: 566

this is sad my fishing buds, but it is reality for the USA. If you would do some research, our government has protected or tried to protect our youth so much that rthey do not know what reality is. There are parents that let their children view and do anything they want and let them view anything on tv. As a parent myself, when you let a child view and play violent games all of his life and do not try to give them GUIDANCE this is what you get. I am not trying to tell all of you what to do with your kids. however if you train a dog to attack he will attack....My friends on this site, spend time with your kids, the USA needs all of us good people to come together, this is very sad, but i am sure i will get worst until we stop it
Old 12-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Yep. The day they make owning a firearm illegal is the day I become a criminal. I'd rather go to jail than see my family attacked by some gangbanger and I can do nothing about it.
AMEN brotha
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

As much as I'm with everyone on the (band guns or not) I am not going to get into this now!!

This is about the little Angels that are up in Heaven now thanks to a devil! My heart is so sad for these little souls, I want justice, but where does it come from??
If he rots in hell that's not good enough!!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Flounder

Cash: 744

This is really a sad deal. I cant imagine what any of those folks are going through.
Officials are saying Ryan Lanza got into a dispute with his mother, took her guns (an AR-15 and Glock and Sig pistols) and shot her in the face. Then went to the elementary school and opened fire on her students. The guns were registered to the mother. Criminals are gonna get guns, this guy shot his own mother to get some. What kinda sicko could do something like that? Sad, sad.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Redfish

Cash: 615

Where The Lord is not, the devil may be. I hope today's tragedy really showed us how precious our kids are.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 983

Yep....just takes thinking about those kids' Christmas presents still under the tree....makes my eyes fill up pretty quickly....can't begin to imagine what the parents are going through....hope they've got a good church, they're gonna need one..
Old 12-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,296

Truly sadden by this hidious crime against these children. Some may not agree with what I'm gonna say, but, we have allowed God to be taken out of our schools and our government. And now, our government is allowing the legalization of drugs, and read article today where Obama is not going to force the feds to regulate the states allowing drugs. If we can't control illegal drugs, how are they going to control guns? I think former Gov. Huckabee said it right, " We don't have a criminal problem, we don't have a violence problem, we don't have a gun problem, we have a sin problem since we have taken God out of our schools, military, and our government". I am not for gun control, criminals will have guns no matter what. Our country is being torn apart by both demo's and republican because they both won't do what is best for our country, and its fixing to get worse. JMO. But prayers go out to all families and staff of this school, this will be tough for them to overcome, but for the Grace of God.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:39 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyI View Post
Truly sadden by this hidious crime against these children. Some may not agree with what I'm gonna say, but, we have allowed God to be taken out of our schools and our government. And now, our government is allowing the legalization of drugs, and read article today where Obama is not going to force the feds to regulate the states allowing drugs. If we can't control illegal drugs, how are they going to control guns? I think former Gov. Huckabee said it right, " We don't have a criminal problem, we don't have a violence problem, we don't have a gun problem, we have a sin problem since we have taken God out of our schools, military, and our government". I am not for gun control, criminals will have guns no matter what. Our country is being torn apart by both demo's and republican because they both won't do what is best for our country, and its fixing to get worse. JMO. But prayers go out to all families and staff of this school, this will be tough for them to overcome, but for the Grace of God.
100% agree.... But CNN is telling me right now that it wasn't that kids fault, he was sick in the head and no one noticed, he shouldn't be blamed, this *** hole is saying our system is the result of him doing this...HELLO, this is whats wrong, ****in know one in these Liberal states thinks it never anyones fault, it's always someones elses! Until God is brought back into our society we are DOOMED! These idiots are talking about gun control, conn had the strictness gun control in the states!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:30 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

My heart cries out for the families of those innocent lives that were taken. What could have possibly caused one Adam Lanza to casually stroll into a Connecticut elementary school mid-morning and maliciously murder so many innocent children just 10 days before Christmas Eve? As of one hour ago, since this is a crime scene (and a massive one at that), all the bodies of the victims still lay on the floor of that school. Can you even begin to fathom what is going through the minds of the parents, brothers and sisters of those innocent kids tonight? And the husbands, wives and children of the teachers that were slain. And the horror for them is just beginning.

The debate over tighter gun control will be at the forefront once again, but, this is not the problem and it's not the solution. Christ is the answer....the only answer!!!!

Concerning the sincerity of the President's emotions......for any person to not be truly emotional about this horrible incident.....they would have to be of the same mindset of the shooter, himself. IMO, I feel like Obama's tears were real. He has young children, so, he knows what an ordeal these families are facing.

God, bless them all.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Hi Guys.. We ALL as web-friends should be just gut wrenching sick about this..

But remember, Guns do not kill people.. Sick People kill other people..

I know when I was in my high school days, I was an athlete, hunted and fished.. Had many friends.. We didn't have violent video games to play.. Hell I was Chasing tasil so much .. I kiss one and that would last a week or so, and have another one the the next week or so..

Banning guns are not the answer..

But look @ the violence in video games that young kids see from an early age..

I don't know.. I know I'm off to work tomorrow in 7,000' of DEEP BLU.. And I just NUMB, NUMB, NUMB..DAMN.. Guys.. My 2 sons (who are grown with children) were raised that it's allright to hug and kiss .. I was divorced when they were 8 & 4.. I never moved away.. Always stayed close to them..I stayed in there lives...

Now when I see my little grandsons and granddaughters smiling faces It brings tears to my eyes..

I remember my parrain who was a doctor telling me when My father died when I was 10 this: "God doesn't PROMISE US Tomorrow"..

SC family... Hug your children and family members today..

Biggun