SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2015, 11:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959
Default Putting my 1991 31 foot Ocean Master on a SERIOUS diet!

Well, here we go. Just got my new 28 footer in the water, if you didn't see that build, you can check that out here:
Boating Talk: Turning the ugliest boat in Costa Rica into a respectable 28' Center Console Diesel - SaltyCajun.com

Next project is my 31 Ocean Master. This is the boat I started on down here, and this is the first boat I really started modifying, but since it was my only boat for my first 5 years here, I really couldn't take it apart and set it up like I want it because it paid the bills. But now with the new "Quepos 28" in the water, and the gamefisherman and my other 28 foot Apex fishing everyday, I finally get freed up and get to fix this boat like it needs to be done. Now before I start posting pictures of what we are going to this thing, I have to make a quick disclaimer for Ocean Master. This boat was built in 1991 and has been a great boat. Back when they built this thing, the trend was towards heavy boats, and they accomplished that. And although this boat was 100 percent water logged, it is 24 years old. When I first bought this boat, I called Ocean Master as I had to convert it to diesel to see any kind of billfish action, and they were SO SO helpful, even though I bought one of their relics and they didn't make any money off of me. Here's a picture of what we are starting with:

I love the lines on this boat. Its almost carolina style, although it's not cold molded, I really like the shear break.

Here's a picture of where I put the motor 7 years ago when I converted it to diesel:

And then some interior shots:

And here is why I hate plastic hatches. This one is just a year old: