SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

CCA said themselves they were lobbying for the 3tail restrictions. Not sure who's on the koolaide here.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:33 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
Raymond, I know at least one local refinery contributes to the dredging of ship channel. The Coe May do it, or supervise the work but there are funds coming from the local companies paying at least a share of it. I have seen the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty easy to find my office, Please email or drop off those facts and figures.
1. If industry takes over dredging of the channel, the Feds will never budget money for dredging ever again.
2. If your really in the loop, you wouldn't be talking out of school on an Internet board about company policy.
3. Say the word and I will get us a meeting with the port of LC, US Fish, COE & CCA to discuss your concerns.
4. Public knowledge, requests for total dredging $$ and actual dredging $$ is never the same.
5. Please introduce yourself at the next port authority board meeting.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
CCA said themselves they were lobbying for the 3tail restrictions. Not sure who's on the koolaide here.
How many trips have you caught? Please tell me how many fish are enough for a limit?
Please stay on topic, we are discussing your knowledge of dredging and who pays for it.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
How many trips have you caught? Please tell me how many fish are enough for a limit?
Please stay on topic, we are discussing your knowledge of dredging and who pays for it.
Where is your science proving there needs to be a limit?
Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Exactly and who gives anyone the right to place a limit on a fish they know ZERO about and you can only fish what 25 X's a year
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Raymond I think Cajun Made is knocking on the door in another thread, how about you answer

Just pop some kurn
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Why reinvent CCA? We don't publish what we do behind the scenes before it happens. Govt/industry consults CCA, we consult guides & members affected and make suggestions. Y'all can't agree on the best *** wipe but always agree that CCA is the bad guy all the time.
Consult guides? Where was that on the trout issue. Oh wait, they listened to stansel because he was basically the only one who wanted a reduced limit, therefore he was agreeing with a few select CCA members.

Triple tail? if supporting the recreational fishermen is what they stand for, why not send out a survey on this issue? CCA knew where most recreational fishermen stood on this issue, but completely disregarded it.

Yes the CCA is all we have, but they would be better off doing nothing than playing around with some of the issues on their agenda.

If Cajunmade is right in the other threads, CCA is by no means doing themselves any favors anymore.

What is the deal with refusing to show where money is spent? Still haven't heard a CCA guy answer this question.

I would like to have an organization that we could trust and count on, but CCA continues to make that hard for lots of recreational fishermen.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Hey CMON man when I sent a letter to the CCA asking what resources they used to determine moving the trout limit down

The exact response from David C was

"It was the right thing to do"

Funny how I talk to many guides every week and none of them every say good things about CCA
. You do have one guide service who wears the stickers but that's it
Bring the CCA board down to Heberts and let's talk about oyster dredging.. better yet bring the freaken CCA state board and let's find out how many days they spend on the water a year and what do they see 1st hand... I will put money my wife goes out fishing more than the whole CCA State board combined
Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Pretty easy to find my office, Please email or drop off those facts and figures.

1. If industry takes over dredging of the channel, the Feds will never budget money for dredging ever again.

2. If your really in the loop, you wouldn't be talking out of school on an Internet board about company policy.

3. Say the word and I will get us a meeting with the port of LC, US Fish, COE & CCA to discuss your concerns.

4. Public knowledge, requests for total dredging $$ and actual dredging $$ is never the same.

5. Please introduce yourself at the next port authority board meeting.

It's not company policy Raymond. It's pretty much common knowledge. I'll say this again... Local industry pay large amounts of money for dredging. Strictly dredging to keep the depth of the channel navigable for ships. I have no idea what you are trying to say...
Do you have any idea how much local industry pays the port of LC to dump dredging spoils in the leveed areas along the ship channel?? It's a lot!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397099510.924652.jpg Bc of meat wh#res like this lol... A member of cca won't name him but he saw this and said I can assure u they'll have a limit next yr! 3 tail have the least amount of research done on them ever they have no idea how many there actually are...

Old 04-10-2014, 07:59 AM
Swordfish

Uh oh. Internet pics! Let's make a limit!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
Attachment 65991 Bc of meat wh#res like this lol... A member of cca won't name him but he saw this and said I can assure u they'll have a limit next yr! 3 tail have the least amount of research done on them ever they have no idea how many there actually are...

Damn Jared, that was some good memories!!!!! Badass pics!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

Been waiting on that pic to surface again.

Shame on you for raping the 3tail

and not calling me before y'all went.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
It's not company policy Raymond. It's pretty much common knowledge. I'll say this again... Local industry pay large amounts of money for dredging. Strictly dredging to keep the depth of the channel navigable for ships. I have no idea what you are trying to say...
Do you have any idea how much local industry pays the port of LC to dump dredging spoils in the leveed areas along the ship channel?? It's a lot!

Private industry cannot by law pay or dredge the ship channel per your earlier statements. COE has juridiction over the waterways and all dredging contracts. Who would private industry make the checks payable to? COE, Port of LC???
My offer of joining the local board so I can bring you to the Port meetings so you can actually understand what goes on is still on the table.
By the way, there are several areas on the ship channel that are in serious need of widening and deepening but due to budget limitations it will not happen. Rocking the areas previously mentioned will only happen when a certain org is able to get the COE to understand they are fighting a losing battle by dredging the same spot year after year.

Carry on
Old 04-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Red Snapper

Default Bl rant

That's odd because we dredge the ship channel several times per year in front of our facility, and we pay for it.

I think we may be talking about 2 different issues..

Every one knows that the COE reigns supreme Raymond.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266
Default Bl rant

Quote:
That's odd because we dredge the ship channel several times per year in front of our facility, and we pay for it.

I think we may be talking about 2 different issues..

Every one knows that the COE reigns supreme Raymond.

Are you dredging the navigable waterway between markers, or is this an offshoot of the channel or an easement owned by your company?

Industry does not pay or manage dredging of waterways like ICW or ship channels... Just like Judice in can't decide to just re-do Johnston street in front of their restaurant, but can do whatever they want with the parking lot.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Sailfish

There is "Supposed to be a lock box" that contains the tariffs charged to each ship off loading on ship channels pays and those monies are used (supposed to be dedicated for dredging) for maintenance dredging on an annual basis. We recieve very little of that money and beg for what we do get.
I miss Judice Inn
Old 04-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
There is "Supposed to be a lock box" that contains the tariffs charged to each ship off loading on ship channels pays and those monies are used (supposed to be dedicated for dredging) for maintenance dredging on an annual basis. We recieve very little of that money and beg for what we do get.

I miss Judice Inn

Exactly.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

Quote:
I miss Judice Inn
That is what I meant also. The ship fee is paid by the industry it carries to.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Are you dredging the navigable waterway between markers, or is this an offshoot of the channel or an easement owned by your company?

Industry does not pay or manage dredging of waterways like ICW or ship channels... Just like Judice in can't decide to just re-do Johnston street in front of their restaurant, but can do whatever they want with the parking lot.
Gee thanks. Now I'm hungry but it's too late to go today and tomorrow is Friday!! Guess I can go Saturday.