SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535
Default I Promise it Won't Flip.....

So I hook up with ole' Raymond for my first kayaking trip. We head down to the beach to catch some specks. Raymond shows me the kayak and the paddle and says, "I promise it won't flip." Well, we paddle out past the rocks and it ain't even crackin daylight let. Fish are busting bait and and I reach behind me to grab my rod and roll that Yak right on over and do a nose dive into the gulf. I open my eyes under water and see my skitter walk still tied on to my rod, but pointing down at the bottom. I look down and there are two bull sharks eyeing my toes. I pop back up faster than a softball sized Walmart bobber and grab onto the kayak for dear life.

I call out to Raymond to come help my fat arse and he looks at me with disgust; how dare I take a dive when fish are breaking all over the place. Well, he finally gets to me and tells me to grab the far side of the yak and pull my butt into it. Well, this crap would have been easy in my younger days, but it's amazing how time takes its toll on your abiliites. Anyway, I grunt and groan while Raymond yells "you can do it , you can do it" I feel like the Little Engine that Could with him yelling at me, but I give it all I have and pull my fat butt into the yak and then.....right over the other side. I pop back up, again, and Raymond says "we got this, we got this". Slowly, very slowly, I pull myself into the yak and manage not to tumble out the other side.

So, me and all my crap are soaking wet, but I drive on. Saltwater covers my contacts and makes for a hazy view. About the fifth cast I have a fish, alright, things are looking up......crap, a nasty hardhead! How do I get this bastid off without dumping myself back in the gulf? I finally manage the hook extraction and continue to fish. I actually manage to catch a few fish but I realize that if I keep them on a stringer a shark could yank on them and if I got scared I might tip the dang yak over again. I think to myself, "man, that would be really bad to tip this yak over with a shark chewing away on my string at my feet". I decide to just throw the fish in the bottom of the yak and they are flopping all over my legs; I've got fish slime all over me, if I go over now I'm shark bait for sure.

I realize the bottom of my little yak probably won't hold another trout without a good possibility of it jumping out, so I head to the bank to take the fish to the cooler on the tailgate. I'm walking barefoot on the beach to the truck and somehow impale my big toe on a dead hardhead. Now I am soaking wet and bleeding like a mo foe.

We finish up fishing at about 9:00. We are at the truck getting our stuff ready to go. I look up and there is Raymond, buck naked on HWY 82 washing his nasty arse! Man, I really didn't need to see that!

Thanks for the adventure Raymond. I enjoyed most of it!

Dan
Old 06-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Lol at least yall made it! Guessing that was yall that passed us with a trailer n two yaks?

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)
Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Lmao .. good story ... just think, if you would have stayed in bed you would have never gotten this story to tell
Old 06-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Thanks for the laugh. I really needed it today.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Always a good time with Raymond
Old 06-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,350

Great story, right up till the end. Both the story and Raymond's.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

This thread needs picks...

And how many trout did you yak
Old 06-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I've heard some stories of hunting trips with Raymond that seem to go about this way lmao
Old 06-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Lmao!! At least y'all was able to catch a few, good story.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

Wow! Good stuff.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,579

awesome...lol...so did you really see two bull sharks??
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Good stuff
Old 06-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
This thread needs picks...

And how many trout did you yak
Just no pics of the end, Raymond's that is.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Red Snapper

First time I ever met Raymond, he's really a good fella. The kinda guy that speaks his mind and has his own values.

We didn't catch that many trout, about 15 or so, but some of them were pretty nice.

Forgot to tell ya. I thought I had lost my long nosed pliers and was catching hell while trying to unhook these trout that inhaled the plastics while trying to hold my rod, while trying hard not drop the paddle and not tip the yak over. Like a dumbazz, I figured that if I grabbed the trout by the lower lip and held on real tight and held tight (like holding a bass) he couldn't tear my hand up too bad - wrong! My right thumb is ate up and I think I have developed that saltwater flesh eating disease now!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Red Snapper

msucowpoke,

You are right. I had to get up at 3:00 to drive down from Deridder to meet Raymond and make it to the beach for daylight. I would have missed all this fun had I slept in, or worse yet, gone to work. With fishing and hunting you just never know what is going to happen....it's quite the adventure.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
msucowpoke,

You are right. I had to get up at 3:00 to drive down from Deridder to meet Raymond and make it to the beach for daylight. I would have missed all this fun had I slept in, or worse yet, gone to work. With fishing and hunting you just never know what is going to happen....it's quite the adventure.
Yea you right

Last season during teal season I had the bright idea of leaving our blind because we weren't doing much and walking through the marsh to some open water about 300 yards away, after a damn good hunt we were walking back on what we thought was our trail coming in but was actually what seemed to be the trail from a marsh deer. Needless to say we wound up lost in the middle of 7 foot tall Roseau cane so thick we could hardly walk and had all our gear on our backs and it took us a few hours to make it back to the blind

That was the absolute worst hunting experience of my life and was so tired I actually considered just dying out there cause it would have been easier. The worst part about it was that this was a hunt after working a graveyard and had to go back to work that night

Just figured I'd share and maybe make you feel a little better haha
Old 06-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Redfish

Cash: 900

By far my favorite post ever!!!! Thanks for the laugh...

10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish
Old 06-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Ha! Got a buzy morning but maybe later today I can add to the story.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

This is another great example of why I never had the desire to yak.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

What a morning with Dan aka SlidellKid Met up at CFM and help Charlie turn on the lights, load Dan's gear up and cautiously drive south. Thanks to the popo in Hackberry for reminding me that the speed limit is 45 mph with only his lights.
Learn all about Dan on the drive, the guy is an attorney and has some pretty cool stories about his job. Go over the how to's on the yak but I am still a little apprehensive since he has never been in one before. It was probably 5:45 when we jumped in and paddled out with a slight chop on the water but it was great to be back in the surf so the darkness didn't really bother me. Anchored up off the rocks and started to see bait being busted all over the place. Not ten minutes later I look over to see Dan on top of the bottom of the yak Calmly requesting for me to paddle over and help him. Got his tackle box, hat, and R&R from the holder under water and flipped the yak over. Other than his pride, nothing was hurt. After a Little Cheer Leading Dan was back in the saddle and fishing. Really wanted to catch my fish on top but after 5 different colors it was time to switch to plastics. Opening Night, glow, chicken on a chain didn't work so decided to try Chart and it worked but the fish were not stacked like I am used to on the beach. Chicken pulled up and caught some pretty nice fish on Crickets and it was exciting to see Matthew bowed up on several fish and cheer for him even though he couldn't hear me. Kenner 18 also was 2 rocks down and I planned to paddle up and join him and his crew in his boat but did not want to leave Dan by himself that far away.

I told Dan to bring 2 of everything which he did, I like how he listens.
After dragging everything back to 82 and strapping the yaks down, I usually take a shower. Think Dan thought I was $hitting him but true to form I do shower before putting clean clothes back on. Just a beotch bath but that clean water out of my gas can really makes me feel better on the drive home. Dan didn't take a bath so I figure that smell riding back was him and not me.

Cleaned fish at Spicer's, divided them up and very glad Dan took me up on my offer to yak yesterday. If I am ever in Derrider around lunch we will have to sit down and plan our next trip to the beach in the yaks Dan. Second time has to be the charm for ya.