SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 09-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,202
Default tides help

If graph shows 1.12 high TIDE in any area, when should a person be fishing in said area ? ( SALT WATER ) thanks.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Gonna need a bit more info than that Buddy.

what area, and what site are you looking at for the tide?
Old 09-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

When the water is moving.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Some areas are better on a rising tide and some on a falling tide. With a 1.2 foot tide i would be fishing the last hour and the first hour of the turns. when the tides running full blast you have to change locations and strategies.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,020

It also depends what the low tide was before that 1.12 tide. If the low tide was 1.0.. then that's not much tide difference and you'll essentially have a slack tide in the bay (except for the cut in from the gulf. As said above, as it's beginning to fall and as it's beginning to rise are great times.. especially on strong tides. A stronger tide change would be a low tide of about 0.0 followed by a high tide of 1.12 6 hours later. The time between the highs and lows are also important.

Here's another thing.. that 'time' will depend on how far you are away from that tide station. If that prediction is for a tide station at the cut to the gulf and you are fishing 10 miles inland then that will delay the time the tide movement will start at your location 10 miles in.. probably by about 3 hours. If you are fishing 2o miles inland then it could be about 6 hours delayed. Same for a marsh that is more inland from the bay, there will be another delay inside that marsh.

Think of the tide as a big slow wave or a bubble of water caused by the moon and sun's gravitational pull.. as the wave gets close to the gulf inlet then tide current will start to flow in until the tide height has equalized on both sides of that inlet. If it's still higher on one side or the other it will continue to flow 'current'. Then as that big wave recedes the outgoing tide starts at that inlet (which now becomes an outlet like said above, you want moving current and it's always moving somewhere in the bay, just have to find it.

that's just the basis of it. hope that helped. You tube 'Tide and current for coastal bay fisherman' and you'll find a you tube clip I made several years ago.