SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

Won't ever say anything bad about another guide r guide service most of us are all friends just some r better than the rest. Just trust me there's lots of guides that shouldn't be in my opinion if u don't have 10yrs on lake u shouldn't guide. Yea im new but was born and raised here been fishing all my life here grew up on choupique bayou had 1st boat at 11 and would fish big lake 3 days a week after school and just about every weekend from feb to duck season
Old 07-07-2012, 10:31 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

Make a post ask who's good guide then pm the people that reply and chiose
Old 07-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Dude I watch you blow out group after group of birds last year ... I caught about 15-18 trout per group ....yall would blow out every group to catch 1-3 trout (and I saw you do it)

So your not even a good fisherman to even start telling people how to fish
Never said I was great....so funny that same day you posted that you limited by 9am......but at 11 am when I saw you, you were trying to catch them dinks under the birds so fast you did not even measure them and left them on the floor of your boat...most were not even keepers....i bet you had throw most back since they were undersize....you left them on the bottom of your boat since you were trying to catch your 15....i wonder how many dead undersized you threw back that day??? Plus the guy I had with me reads your post on the site...when I told him it was you...he want to pissy you....he was actually driving my boat....lol
Old 07-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

sammich
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1341719234824.jpg (77.5 KB, 339 views)
Old 07-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
Get a ****in life duck.......
W and Jared hit the perfect points
Get out of here with that crap
You act like I said it was you who trolled up to me.....
Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Bunch a sissys complaining....... Lmao
Like kids on a playground fighting over swings, monkey bars and see-saws......
Old 07-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Flounder

Cash: 551

lol that's every thread, everyday..
Old 07-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

The reef is there and it ain't gonna move so deal with it. Just the way I look at it.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Never said I was great....so funny that same day you posted that you limited by 9am......but at 11 am when I saw you, you were trying to catch them dinks under the birds so fast you did not even measure them and left them on the floor of your boat...most were not even keepers....i bet you had throw most back since they were undersize....you left them on the bottom of your boat since you were trying to catch your 15....i wonder how many dead undersized you threw back that day??? Plus the guy I had with me reads your post on the site...when I told him it was you...he want to pissy you....he was actually driving my boat....lol

Pull up the date because I was solo when you saw me and I had ChrisR with me that mourning...LMAO

We had 30 at 9

I went back out solo and tagged about 30 more....you did not see anything hit my floor...they hit the live well

once I picked about 8-10 i would tag them.

Yall could not catch more than two...just shows what you know about fishing and your level..

So keep out of big boys threads
Old 07-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Great White

Ok DoubleU......i believe you.....happy now.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Man, this thread went to hell.

But, then again...they pretty much all do.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
The guides that give big lake bad names r those big groups that run lotta boats ain't naming names it's bc they have 2to 4 guides that can fish and the rest of fleet follows cell phones and the whole fleet sits on a reef and think they own it.. The good guides u rarely see and if people where I wanna fish I go elsewhere bc I don't want someone seeing my holes on a reef every reef has a particular spot that's good don't wanna dhow that to every1. But as far as u marsh runner I think ur the one that's arrogant but lemme guess ur one of them computer heros
I agreed earlier. I do think it's the bigger outfits that give it a bad name. You are right in that the good guides don't play cell phone tag. They go off of experience. I've fished here for many years and I see it getting worse every year. But as I stated before. I was wrong on my first post in generalizing all guides. The ones I've seen post here have shared lots of info which tells me they are also considerate on the water. I'm not being arrogant and I don't think I'm a computer hero. Hell, I don't even know what that means.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
Won't ever say anything bad about another guide r guide service most of us are all friends just some r better than the rest. Just trust me there's lots of guides that shouldn't be in my opinion if u don't have 10yrs on lake u shouldn't guide. Yea im new but was born and raised here been fishing all my life here grew up on choupique bayou had 1st boat at 11 and would fish big lake 3 days a week after school and just about every weekend from feb to duck season
Yes....this is true...

Anyone can guide with a cell phone and binoculars but would not ever do anything if they had to depend on finding there own fish

the real great guides keep most things to them self and only share with a small trusted group..

most will never call anyone over to fish

I have been on reefs many of times and catching fish, when one guide boat pulls up and starts catching and calls over 5 more boats. then the bite stops because of all the traffic
Old 07-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946

I like to fish Commissary and can not fish it like I like to from about mid week thru Sunday morning cause of boats running all over it heading down the east bank or heading south. They see boats on the reef but they just run right over it coming and going, but most probably do not even know there is a reef there.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Flounder

Cash: 682

God Bless America!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Post the coordinates to every spot you guys fish so that we can be sure not to motor over them.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,426

It is amazing how the point of this thread was lost. W simply commented that they should have planned the location of the reef better and everyone went off that he was whining. I agree it should have been placed elsewhere and now we all deal with it. For this to have turned into bashing the guides who post on here is ridiculous. Kade certainly did not deserve it. I have fished with him and he is as nice a guy you can meet. I have not fished with Jared but his rep is great and he has shared more info than most guides would do. The problem with forums and email and testing is that it is too easy to post crap cause you don't have to face the people you post about. I have fished with W and will do it again. Let's all get back to what this forum is about, sharing info about the thing we love to do, fish!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,426

Obviously testing should have been texting.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavocat View Post
It is amazing how the point of this thread was lost. W simply commented that they should have planned the location of the reef better and everyone went off that he was whining. I agree it should have been placed elsewhere and now we all deal with it. For this to have turned into bashing the guides who post on here is ridiculous. Kade certainly did not deserve it. I have fished with him and he is as nice a guy you can meet. I have not fished with Jared but his rep is great and he has shared more info than most guides would do. The problem with forums and email and testing is that it is too easy to post crap cause you don't have to face the people you post about. I have fished with W and will do it again. Let's all get back to what this forum is about, sharing info about the thing we love to do, fish!

^^^^ this^^^^^^
They always have to look at it like we crying or *****ing

I'm just stating FACTs that the reef was placed in a high traffic area , they should of consider using landings as points to areas and they could of seen that if your leaving Hebert landing heading to wash out, 9mile ,west cove old river, jetties , channel , super cut , steam engine , jrs, you will run clean over some part of the reef
That is my point ...there was no thinking or planing in place
Old 07-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavocat View Post
The first mention of a guide and probably the comment that started the "guide bashin" was Kade's 2nd post (#13). He admitted that he probably over-reacted and apologized for it. Done!!