SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
It can go both ways. This store owner buys 3 vans. But the regular folk save $$200 a month or more in fuel bill. Drive way more. There's your tires for your tire salesman. More oil changes. More money to spend on groceries and entertainment for himself rather than oil company entertaining clients. It goes both ways.
Agreed!
Old 12-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

15 years ago 1.50 gas acceptable

2014-2015 gas should never be lower than 2.50 a gallon

Gas has not infated much at all from 1999-2014
Your looking at hightest $3 a gallon lowest $1.50 increases

Obama is loving this while his democrates with zero jobs can get a whole gallon of gas now when they say give me $2 on pump 3
Old 12-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

All those school grants and teachers pay raises from gas and oil revenue is about to be
ZERO
Old 12-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post

Obama is loving this while his democrates with zero jobs can get a whole gallon of gas now when they say give me $2 on pump 3
I thought about that , isnt that some sh it, the only ones that this dosent effect are the ones sucking the system dry, the same ones that dont pay pay into the system, are getting a pay raise via the gas pump! I need to step away from this tangent..... nothing gets me boiling more.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:25 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
I thought about that , isnt that some sh it, the only ones that this dosent effect are the ones sucking the system dry, the same ones that dont pay pay into the system, are getting a pay raise via the gas pump! I need to step away from this tangent..... nothing gets me boiling more.
Beginning of the END!

Going to be even less productive, tax paying, citizens than there are now. When the layoffs come and the system will be ligitamtiely needed by individuals who actually want to go to work but cant find a job there wont be enough resources to assist them.

I agree with most posts on this thread (even W's), but I do not agree that the mom and pop companies who did not save their earnings properly are the only companies that will suffer. Sure a lot of money is blown by O&G compqnies during the good times but im not sure that would helpnin this situation.

These smaller companies are heavily leveraged, and their investors want to see a profit. If they approach their investors at the end of a quarter and show them red numbers without having made aggressive cutbacks (layoffs) then the CEO is replaced along with many regional managers under him.

It pisses me off too that for the last 5 years I have worked for my employer we have operated in the green and the minute we get close to the red something drastic must be done but thats just the way businesses are run.

Bottom line is Saudi Arabia holds the cards here and they are methodically cutting the price of oil in a very deliberate way to shake out the smaller companies who have been producing from the shale plays in NAM. Until Saudi Arabia is satisfied with the number of rigs that have been stacked and number of companies who have folded in NAM, AND all of the excess oil that is currently flooding the market with no buyer has been burned off, then the price of oil will begin to increase back to a level that other countries besides Saudi can make a profit on. Other than that scenario I am not sure that anyone else in the world knows of another solution.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:59 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,679

$1.99 in delcambre this morning.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Redfish

Cash: 837

I don't know how much the US can affect oil price, but one has to wonder if the US in collaboration with Saudi, is purposely lowering prices crash Putin's war machine. Think about it, 3 months ago, Putin was the big dog on the block, was begining to look like a major world leader. He pushes too far with Ukraine, boasts about surveilance flights in the GoM, gets a deal with China to fund bases in Cuba, Venezuela, has subs entering Norways waterways, flying near US airspace in Alaska, flying over NATO countries airspace. All this within the past 3-6 months. Now he is being crippled and Russians are turning against him. Seems to me more than co-incidence. Sad thing is, if true, is that the working class families are the pawns that get sacrificed. 2015 will be interesting.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
I don't know how much the US can affect oil price, but one has to wonder if the US in collaboration with Saudi, is purposely lowering prices crash Putin's war machine. Think about it, 3 months ago, Putin was the big dog on the block, was begining to look like a major world leader. He pushes too far with Ukraine, boasts about surveilance flights in the GoM, gets a deal with China to fund bases in Cuba, Venezuela, has subs entering Norways waterways, flying near US airspace in Alaska, flying over NATO countries airspace. All this within the past 3-6 months. Now he is being crippled and Russians are turning against him. Seems to me more than co-incidence. Sad thing is, if true, is that the working class families are the pawns that get sacrificed. 2015 will be interesting.

Don't forget the embargo on western food products.

Russia is number 2 in the world for oil exports, it's half their economy. America and SA are no doubt in bed and I think your theory is spot on. I've heard it said that the Saudis will push it down just until a gold begins on small drillers then bump it up to just above sustainable - for every dollar it drops the Russians lose a couple billion bucks/yr.

Sent
Old 12-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

I just know my gas bill for my fishing trips this month has not been this low in a long time and I am liking it.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

I hope gas goes up to $5 a gallon!!
Old 12-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Ling

Hey, these gas prices are like McDonald's.... I'm loving it!!!
Old 12-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

I hope gas goes to $1.00 a gallon.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

So the price of oil and gas goes down so economy suffers and the working man suffers for it......The price of oil and gas was high and the working man suffered for it with high food prices , fuel surcharges on utilities and so on. The way I see it its gunna cost the working man either way. The only ones that remain happy are career La.purchase and welfare recipients. Then again if their is no working man sooner or later there will be no career La. purchaser's...or federal dependents.....So if you feed a coyote long enough and then quit ?????? He may just turn on you......
Old 12-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Talked to one of my customers Monday .He has been into oil futures BIG time for the last 20 years.
His opinion is that the US govt and the Saudis are in bed together to drive and keep prices down .
This is old news.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Ling

Someone explain how oil futures are traded and how this drop in the price per barrel hurts the economy, oil/gas workers etc.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
Someone explain how oil futures are traded and how this drop in the price per barrel hurts the economy, oil/gas workers etc.
Think that has been explained 30xs on here
If you don't know by now you will never know

Hope being a teacher paid by Gov and state don't ever cut your pay in the future due to low oil and gas revenue

Remember who pays Government and State bills !!
Old 12-27-2014, 12:37 AM
Flounder

Cash: 630

Quote:

Hope being a teacher paid by Gov and state don't ever cut your pay in the future due to low oil and gas revenue

Agreed!

Old 12-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:

State treasurer said we need oil to be at $78 a bbl to break even in La. economy
Old 12-27-2014, 04:57 AM
Redfish

Cash: 695

Oil is traded in US dollars. Until it's traded in rubles or yuan , we will be fine.
Our dollar is backed by oil.

As far as calling oil workers "selfish" like someone on here did, up yers. Go call some kids laid off dad selfish as you enjoy a couple more cents at the pump you ****!
Old 12-27-2014, 04:58 AM
Redfish

Cash: 695

Last edited by matt wahl; 12-27-2014 at 05:30 AM.