SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Gentlemen.. I was at the meeting... A DU Rep... made a presentation that showed where LA. WL&F money was used to Purchase habitat.. If I remember right; It was something like $350K..... But I'm not sure where the money used; came from??? Mr. Reynolds was there, so he can tell everyone exactly where that money came from.. I'm Sure...

On another note: Everyone on this site should be emailing Sec Melancon's office.. Leting him know that U all support State Management of Red Snaps...

As long as the Gulf Council is in the back pockets of the Commercials ... We will never get our fair access to R Snaps.. The Meeting turned into a Gulf Council meeting.. Environmental Defense Fund which back majority of the RS commercial efforts had many Paid representatives there.. Yes.. They commercial fishermen expenses to attend these meetings.. Even the Star of the Nat Geo Realty Show "Big Fish Texas" was there. All they said was They are against Garret Graves Bill. Period...

The ONLY WAY RECREATIONAL Fishermen Will ever get Equal access to RS is by State/Regional Management..

The Finfish Boilogist with LA WL&F gave a update on RS landings.. Even with the state season opened since Feb.. and the Federal season.. Landing Data indicated that "WE" have not even come close to our of LA Total catch share of the Federal Quota.
Old 07-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

On another note: Everyone on this site should be emailing Sec Melancon's office.. Leting him know that U all support State Management of Red Snaps...

I did last week as well as several of my buds. Can't beat Edwards on this I'm guessing. Melancon will do whatever he wants. Thanks Scott Angelle.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Red Snapper

Just FYI.. Edwards DID NOT Know Melancon was going to MAKE THAT statement.. Not supporting Garret Graves Bill...
Old 07-09-2016, 05:20 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Anyway, since this thread was thoroughly disrailed, anyone know how the red snapper discussion went Thursday?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I watched online. Melancon said he absolutely supported state management of red snapper. He said the reason he didn't support the bill is because he will never support an unfunded mandate and said this bill is just that. Apparently there is some dissention about the money situation. Who knows.

The commercial guys got up there and basically everyone of them is against the bill and every recreational is for the bill
Old 07-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Red Snapper

Melancon's People got up there and showed a graph stating its going to cost 10 milion extra dollars to manage RS.. That's BS...