SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

its 10 minutes in 4' waves
Old 06-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfranovich View Post
its 10 minutes in 4' waves

200 yards?
Old 06-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
What is the best trout trip you have ever had? Not only numbers, but size, also.
2004, It was a Tuesday afternoon and the last few weeks of the Star. I was sitting on my porch looking out towards the lake and noticed the wind was calm. It was about 7pm, I said to my buddy, hey lets go to that little hole that we've herd holds big trout in August, so we jumped in the boat and took off. Caught a few dinks here and there and it was getting late. Now this is the god honest truth, i was getting hungry and i told him hey, This is my LAST CAST then you can take me in to the warf, i'll walk back to the camp, i'm done. Well i let that cast go, he was on the phone with his girlfriend talking all that talk, i felt something suck my lure in, i set the hook and it was on, i told him i had a good fish, he replied, your lying, no one says last cast and hooks up! I said well i got one on, the fish never showed itself for a while, we thought i had a big red or drum, the sun was setting in the west and that's when she rolled on the surface , i could see the spots, we both said, man that looks like a boat! After what seemed like hours, i finally got it to the side of the boat, it looked huge! The net guy was as nervous as me, we knew it was a boat, every time the fish would come up and see the boat it would run, i backed off the drag and played it out, finally she just floated up next to the boat, netted her and weighed her...on my scale she weighed 9.3 pounds, we hurried back to the marina, this was before rita, we had a store there, well the lady that ran it, Miss Brenda Davis wasn't there, she was closed, so we had to pack up and drive all the way around the lake to cajun fast mart, they were doing road construction at that time and the traffic was backed up for miles, it was getting near 9pm and they were fixing to close up, i put the truck in 4 wheel drive and we cut throut the median, went down back roads and got to the store in the nick of time. When we weighed it there it weighed 8.7 pounds, not good enough for the overall winner but back then they gave a boat for each month, i won the month of August, got me a band new boat and that was one Happy Day for me! Just one fish but the right fish! Sorry for the long story.....
Old 06-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglaketiger View Post
2004, It was a Tuesday afternoon and the last few weeks of the Star. I was sitting on my porch looking out towards the lake and noticed the wind was calm. It was about 7pm, I said to my buddy, hey lets go to that little hole that we've herd holds big trout in August, so we jumped in the boat and took off. Caught a few dinks here and there and it was getting late. Now this is the god honest truth, i was getting hungry and i told him hey, This is my LAST CAST then you can take me in to the warf, i'll walk back to the camp, i'm done. Well i let that cast go, he was on the phone with his girlfriend talking all that talk, i felt something suck my lure in, i set the hook and it was on, i told him i had a good fish, he replied, your lying, no one says last cast and hooks up! I said well i got one on, the fish never showed itself for a while, we thought i had a big red or drum, the sun was setting in the west and that's when she rolled on the surface , i could see the spots, we both said, man that looks like a boat! After what seemed like hours, i finally got it to the side of the boat, it looked huge! The net guy was as nervous as me, we knew it was a boat, every time the fish would come up and see the boat it would run, i backed off the drag and played it out, finally she just floated up next to the boat, netted her and weighed her...on my scale she weighed 9.3 pounds, we hurried back to the marina, this was before rita, we had a store there, well the lady that ran it, Miss Brenda Davis wasn't there, she was closed, so we had to pack up and drive all the way around the lake to cajun fast mart, they were doing road construction at that time and the traffic was backed up for miles, it was getting near 9pm and they were fixing to close up, i put the truck in 4 wheel drive and we cut throut the median, went down back roads and got to the store in the nick of time. When we weighed it there it weighed 8.7 pounds, not good enough for the overall winner but back then they gave a boat for each month, i won the month of August, got me a band new boat and that was one Happy Day for me! Just one fish but the right fish! Sorry for the long story.....

Good story, Chad. What did ya get...a 1300CC Sea Fox?
Old 06-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Flounder

Cash: 608
Default Best Trip

5 years ago I was invited on a night trip to fish the Eugene Island platforms. Left from a friends camp at the point and got the the platform around 8 'oclock. Did not have a single bite until 11. Then, all of the sudden, it was as if the fishing gods had flipped a switch. 17-20 inch specks came on every single cast for the next 45 minutes. The tide slowed down and the trout got lockjaw. The next morning, as we attempted to pull these loaded down ice chests out the boat, the handles on one of the coolers completely snapped off because of the weight of the trout. We cleaned 89 hammer trout that morning. I'll post the pics of I can dig them up.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Good story, Chad. What did ya get...a 1300CC Sea Fox?
Ha, there's another one! No, got a 18ft Nautic Star with a 90 Merc....It was too small of a boat than what i wanted so i sold it that week and bought my current boat...21 Kenner..You know they make you sit out the following year from the Star when you win, don't you know i caught two trout the following year that would have won me boats again! I haven't been close since, i've caught some big trout since then but none compare to the experience i had that day.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Trophy Trout

On that 04 star trout, don't you know with all that excitement trying to get that fish weighed i didn't get one single picture of it! and they also kept the fish for some kind of study LSU was doing so i never got the fish back! I got the measurements and i've been meaning to get a replica made, i did get a plaque for the wall and it proudly hangs in my living room much to the dislike of my wife, she said it doesn't go with anything in the room! Ha, but it hangs there!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Great White

Quote:
Ha, there's another one! No, got a 18ft Nautic Star with a 90 Merc....It was too small of a boat than what i wanted so i sold it that week and bought my current boat...21 Kenner..You know they make you sit out the following year from the Star when you win, don't you know i caught two trout the following year that would have won me boats again! I haven't been close since, i've caught some big trout since then but none compare to the experience i had that day.
If you and I were "sittin' on the porch", could you look out across the lake and point out exactly where that hole is that you're fishin'?
Old 06-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
If you and I were "sittin' on the porch", could you look out across the lake and point out exactly where that hole is that you're fishin'?
Ha, i'll never tell! there is still the month of August coming up! I'll let you know after that!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
now we are going to see if he is a true fisherman. we all lie. ok you beat me on the keyboard
Old 06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
now we are going to see if he is a true fisherman. we all lie. ok you beat me on the keyboard
Well, i've been known to photoshop a pic or two in my time! Amazing to see how many folks will go to a spot that a pic shows!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Well, i've been known to photoshop a pic or two in my time! Amazing to see how many folks will go to a spot that a pic shows!
you got to that old W will see a spot and you cant beat him off of it
Old 06-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Dont know about my best fishing Trip but it was the most
Member able one for the ages…… Lake” W”…I mean Lake Pond SEN Train…………Went out there and smoke some hogs on them Sand eels next to 200 boats on a community hole!!!! Then destroyed the East vs West tournament as we knew it!!!! Has to be in my top 5 life changing events of history!!![
Old 06-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Member able one for the ages…… Lake” W”…I mean Lake Pond SEN Train…………Went out there and smoke some hogs on them Sand eels next to 200 boats on a community hole!!!! Then destroyed the East vs West tournament as we knew it!!!! Has to be in my top 5 life changing events of history!!![
Ha...YES it was W...I remember being on the sportsman with my jaw dropped reading all that mess...Funny stuff looking back at it now, and to think i was almost with you on that trip!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Ha...YES it was W...I remember being on the sportsman with my jaw dropped reading all that mess...Funny stuff looking back at it now, and to think i was almost with you on that trip!

Fishing trip was fun...Just the when we tossed 24lbs of trout on that scale!!! That needs a ESPY award
Old 06-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Fishing trip was fun...Just the when we tossed 24lbs of trout on that scale!!! That needs a ESPY award
If I remember correctly that was the one you cheated in
Old 06-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Trophy Trout

Would love to throw one fish in the boat these days! All i've been doing lately is working 7 days a week 12 hours a day! I left work a little early yesterday to make a late afternoon trip and the freakin wind starting blowing of course!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Would love to throw one fish in the boat these days! All i've been doing lately is working 7 days a week 12 hours a day! I left work a little early yesterday to make a late afternoon trip and the freakin wind starting blowing of course!

Chad...Please stay away from Big Lake until the 6th.....Everytime your home winds blow 25...we really want to fish!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Great White

Quote:

The repurcussions of callin' Capt. Eric Dumas a @#$%&@ could end up being a "life changing event", also.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Chad...Please stay away from Big Lake until the 6th.....Everytime your home winds blow 25...we really want to fish!!!
Not to worry "W", i'm a project right now and i won't be home till the middle of July! Then i'll be gone again, taking the family to destin for a week, then when i get home the next day i'll be heading to Arkansas on another project till the end of August! So it's safe to say the winds should be light and variable the next couple of months! Sucks!