SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Feesherman Feesherman is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Moss Bluff
Posts: 2,654
Cash: 849
Default

Why dey call it ducks unlimited? Shouldn't it be called rich man's land unlimited?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Marque's Avatar
Marque Marque is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Vermilion Parish
Posts: 677
Cash: 2,024
Default This might get physical.

Yikes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pop.jpg (12.0 KB, 203 views)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,946
Cash: 360
Default

What's really funny is they supposed to be about the ducks lol. I witnessed a DU "big wig" tell someone one day "if I woulda known that was your truck with the delta sticker I woulda ripped it off" being serious as all get out haha. That's when u come to realize it's not about the ducks.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:20 PM
AubreyLaHaye458's Avatar
AubreyLaHaye458 AubreyLaHaye458 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vidrine, La
Posts: 2,174
Cash: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
What's really funny is they supposed to be about the ducks lol. I witnessed a DU "big wig" tell someone one day "if I woulda known that was your truck with the delta sticker I woulda ripped it off" being serious as all get out haha. That's when u come to realize it's not about the ducks.

Your point? You're judging a whole organization based off of what you heard one guy say to another?

Cool story


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:21 PM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,946
Cash: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
Your point? You're judging a whole organization based off of what you heard one guy say to another?

Cool story


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would be mad too. I understand your hostility.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Wrh Wrh is offline
Sand Trout
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 3
Cash: 354
Default

These gobs of land purchases up north are used as sanctuaries for the birds to reproduce. If they don't have these places to do so then your duck season will undoubtably become worse because the duck population will slowly but surely shrink because the land they go to would become commercialized.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:23 PM
AubreyLaHaye458's Avatar
AubreyLaHaye458 AubreyLaHaye458 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vidrine, La
Posts: 2,174
Cash: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I would be mad too. I understand your hostility.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'm just trying to get you to make an argument that makes sense or has some kind of solid support. So far all you've got is a picture you got off of google and some eavesdropping


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,946
Cash: 360
Default

Google! Hahaha. Exactly why there's no point in arguing with yall. U still got a lil more cornbread to eat but them Cher lil eyes will open one day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:27 PM
AubreyLaHaye458's Avatar
AubreyLaHaye458 AubreyLaHaye458 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vidrine, La
Posts: 2,174
Cash: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Google! Hahaha. Exactly why there's no point in arguing with yall. U still got a lil more cornbread to eat but them Cher lil eyes will open one day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Then do us all a favor, almighty one! Open our lil eyes! Show me! Say something, anything that proves you have any kind of ACTUAL knowledge on the subject!! Please oh wise one!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,946
Cash: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
Then do us all a favor, almighty one! Open our lil eyes! Show me! Say something, anything that proves you have any kind of ACTUAL knowledge on the subject!! Please oh wise one!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do a search. We have discussed this plenty of times. There's always a few sunshine pumpers. What's real funny is when u see ppl heading to hunt some du projects in canada and then they pimpin the local banquets. Hehe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:35 PM
AubreyLaHaye458's Avatar
AubreyLaHaye458 AubreyLaHaye458 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vidrine, La
Posts: 2,174
Cash: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Do a search. We have discussed this plenty of times. There's always a few sunshine pumpers. What's real funny is when u see ppl heading to hunt some du projects in canada and then they pimpin the local banquets. Hehe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My search results:

Dewey Mills WMA, Sherburne WMA, Point Aux Chenes WMA, Lacassine NWR, Catahoula Lake. All La DU projects.

Ain't many fancy DU big wigs hunting these places! This is the public land where the regular folks hunt.

Not sure why you've got such a hard on for Canada. Anybody would be crazy to turn down a hunting trip in Canada. The freakin birds spend most of the year there! There will always be birds in Canada.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:36 PM
Outdoorsman97 Outdoorsman97 is offline
Sand Trout
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 4
Cash: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Google! Hahaha. Exactly why there's no point in arguing with yall. U still got a lil more cornbread to eat but them Cher lil eyes will open one day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I hope you like duck hunting because it's people like you that will end conservation for ducks because you say crap about an organization trying to conserve wetlands for hunters.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,946
Cash: 360
Default

Just enough smoke n mirrors to keep ppl donating. Great for marketing. Gotta give it to em.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:42 PM
AubreyLaHaye458's Avatar
AubreyLaHaye458 AubreyLaHaye458 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vidrine, La
Posts: 2,174
Cash: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Just enough smoke n mirrors to keep ppl donating. Great for marketing. Gotta give it to em.

Once again, almighty, all knowing Top Dawg. What do you propose we do? Get rid of all conservation organizations together? Whatever happens, happens? I mean, you obviously know better than everyone else here. Do we also get rid of GWs? No more limits? What do we do?!?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Wrh Wrh is offline
Sand Trout
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 3
Cash: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Just enough smoke n mirrors to keep ppl donating. Great for marketing. Gotta give it to em.
Your ignorance is frustrating. If you truly think its all "smoke n mirror" then that's ashame. There are many people who are trying to conserve wetlands, and this group you're coming after is a college group. It's young men and woman who are trying to make a difference and keep duck hunting around so the next generations can enjoy it the same way we do. It's people like you, who do nothing and bad mouth anyone who tries to do something, who will ruin duck hunting for everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,946
Cash: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
Once again, almighty, all knowing Top Dawg. What do you propose we do? Get rid of all conservation organizations together? Whatever happens, happens? I mean, you obviously know better than everyone else here. Do we also get rid of GWs? No more limits? What do we do?!?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it makes u feel warm and fuzzy inside I suggest u keep givin ur money to the scheme. I'ma use mine to buy shells and plane tickets up north.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:47 PM
AubreyLaHaye458's Avatar
AubreyLaHaye458 AubreyLaHaye458 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vidrine, La
Posts: 2,174
Cash: 3,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
If it makes u feel warm and fuzzy inside I suggest u keep givin ur money to the scheme. I'ma use mine to buy shells and plane tickets up north.

You seem to have it all figured out. Here I am, asking you. Explain yourself man. Not a real complicated thing I'm asking you to do. If DU is as bad as you say it is what's the alternative?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,946
Cash: 360
Default

That's a good question. Maybe instead of pimpin du someone as concerned as u could start an organization worth sending my money to. But I'm not gonna donate to enhance someone's private marsh hunting or buy someone's ticket to canada. I'll use my money to send myself there. When u start ur new organization holla I'll check it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-28-2015, 12:32 AM
Lake Chuck Duck's Avatar
Lake Chuck Duck Lake Chuck Duck is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lake Chuck
Posts: 5,810
Cash: 10,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrh View Post
These gobs of land purchases up north are used as sanctuaries for the birds to reproduce. If they don't have these places to do so then your duck season will undoubtably become worse because the duck population will slowly but surely shrink because the land they go to would become commercialized.
Just curious, are they actually purchasing this land? And what are they doing to manage the land they purchase?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-28-2015, 04:55 AM
Feesherman Feesherman is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Moss Bluff
Posts: 2,654
Cash: 849
Default

Even better, chuck, ask em how many ducks they have produced. U won't get an answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map