SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Nice when it comes together

Wanted to get some fish to send to the family in Ky. About 9:00 I found Charlie having his redweiser coffee and asked him to help out. Had Bob come along also. They threw a couple of beers in the cooler and off we went. Charlie was showing us how to catch fish.

It was almost slack low so I was not expecting much. I did find a spot where the water was flowing a little. Once again Charlie was giving us lessons.

This area was so shallow I could not get much closer but the fish were just above it. There is an oyster reef between the islands. We bounced around and slowly picked away at them. There were several rat reds and even some small mangroves to keep the action hot.

At one island we found a pair of black drum.

It was about noon and the beer evaporated so I had to make an emergency pit stop at Joshua's. This was enough to make the guys "fished out". I dropped them off and Charlie brought the fish to my cleaning station at home. I was 2 reds shy of my 3 man limit so I headed out to see if I could find 2 more. I went to an area I had not been to since spring. Found a school of small trout there and had a blast for over an hour. I kept throwing them back as fast as I could catch them. In the mix there were 6 that were legal. The action was so fast that I forgot about getting any more reds. Suddenly the rod bends and the drag starts screaming. The fight is on. In the shallows His tail and fins were coming out of the water and there were swirls in the water every place he went. It was a blast on the little Sahara reel. This redfish inhaled the Voo-Doo shrimp.

I was having such a good time out there alone with a bunch of wanna be trout that I forgot about going in and cleaning the fish for the trip up north. Being one redfish shy of a 3 man limit called it a day. If only one of the many rats we caught had grown up a little sooner. Did manage to explore some new places but nothing exceptional. Over all I got done what I wanted to do.

The trout must have gotten to me because I was fishing all night. I dreamed of red top corks going under the water last night.

Note the cat's dish waiting for treats.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 09-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,322

Awesome!!! I enjoyed reading your report. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Redfish

Cash: 633

very nice catch!!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Looks like a fun day on the water