SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 03-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 984
Default Ticket at Lambert's

My uncle went fishing with a buddy on Tuesday and were both ticketed at Lambert's for the boat being past the signs. He said that only the azz end was past it. Also... while the warden was pulling up my uncle hooked a red on the legal side and ran to the weir. He also was ticketed for fishing beyond the posted sign. He tried to plead his case... but to no avail. The other boat nearby also got ticketed for fishing beyond the sign. I did not know you could get ticketed for casting past the signs also. I just thought as long as the boat wasn't across the signs you were okay. I just wanted to pass on the info.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
My uncle went fishing with a buddy on Tuesday and were both ticketed at Lambert's for the boat being past the signs. He said that only the azz end was past it. Also... while the warden was pulling up my uncle hooked a red on the legal side and ran to the weir. He also was ticketed for fishing beyond the posted sign. He tried to plead his case... but to no avail. The other boat nearby also got ticketed for fishing beyond the sign. I did not know you could get ticketed for casting past the signs also. I just thought as long as the boat wasn't across the signs you were okay. I just wanted to pass on the info.

Well I have to side with the Wardens on this issue. i spoke with a game warden for about 2 hours at the landing last week shooting the bull..... They are getting real tired of everyone not following the law. They wrote about 65 tickets in a one week. Its good money for them and the state but its is going to cost us as fisherman one day. These signs are here for a reason. And If people keep dis obeying the law I would not be surprised if a gate dont come up here! Then you will have to buy a pass to enter the marsh!. I pulled up on a boat the other day when I was going thought Grand...he was tied up to the weir... I ask him if he could read, he said I know im not suppose to be here but its the only place the reds are........WOW....Looked at my wife and said this is prime example why we keep getting my laws on the water
Old 03-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 649

I was @ Lamberts on Tuesday also. I was told by the same game wardens that wrote your folks the tickets that you can cast as far as you like towards the weirs as long as your boat is even with or behind the signs. The guys that got the tickets were well past the signs FWIW.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

the other day they had some dude out of his boat standing on the weir catching reds then throwing them to his son in the boat
Old 03-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 649

That actually happens a lot @ both Lamberts & Grand Bayou. It's really stupid to risk getting a $225 ticket when you can just use a 3/8 oz jig head & easily cast to the fish from the signs.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Well I have to side with the Wardens on this issue. i spoke with a game warden for about 2 hours at the landing last week shooting the bull..... They are getting real tired of everyone not following the law. They wrote about 65 tickets in a one week. Its good money for them and the state but its is going to cost us as fisherman one day. These signs are here for a reason. And If people keep dis obeying the law I would not be surprised if a gate dont come up here! Then you will have to buy a pass to enter the marsh!. I pulled up on a boat the other day when I was going thought Grand...he was tied up to the weir... I ask him if he could read, he said I know im not suppose to be here but its the only place the reds are........WOW....Looked at my wife and said this is prime example why we keep getting my laws on the water

I doubt they will put a gate; however, I would not be suprised if the fine amount goes up in the future. Too much easy $ because of the amount of tickets they write. Kind of like a speed trap!
Makes those REDS pretty expensive!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
I doubt they will put a gate; however, I would not be suprised if the fine amount goes up in the future. Too much easy $ because of the amount of tickets they write. Kind of like a speed trap!
Makes those REDS pretty expensive!
Dont think for one minute they wont gate it.........I had a bird that told me if this continues to be a problem higher measures will be taken....And it wont be $$$ going up it will be a gate
Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Dont think for one minute they wont gate it.........I had a bird that told me if this continues to be a problem higher measures will be taken....And it wont be $$$ going up it will be a gate
It wouldn't take much to throw a gate up either. Would be a good idea!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Great White

If they gate it then they will lose out on the fines/tickets they write since you will not have the issue of fishing past the sign. You said when you talked to the agent they wrote 65 tickets.......@ 225 a pop that cover a lot of expenses! I could care less if they gate it. I only fish the weirs maybe twice a year.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Every time I pass the weirs, there are people fishing inside the signs.
For the SC tourny, we saw 3 guys standing on Lamberts weirs fishing.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
If they gate it then they will lose out on the fines/tickets they write since you will not have the issue of fishing past the sign. You said when you talked to the agent they wrote 65 tickets.......@ 225 a pop that cover a lot of expenses! I could care less if they gate it. I only fish the weirs maybe twice a year.

I dont think money is a issue.....This is a problem because folks cant read

I hope they but a big azz 10ft tall gate...I dont fish the weirs ... Fish them 2 times this year and caught all the reds i wanted no where near the sign....Also I made 3 trips behind the weirs in 3 years...and had one good out of the 3 all reds no trout.........So this will not hurt me one bit
Old 03-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Great White

Them Flounder stack up in the marsh behind them weirs.
That's what I like...
But I can get access back there if I need it.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Great White

If I am not mistaked at Grand, you can pass thru the weirs. Is it against the law to pass thru the weirs and fish behind it and in the marsh....
Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
If I am not mistaked at Grand, you can pass thru the weirs. Is it against the law to pass thru the weirs and fish behind it and in the marsh....

some of the marsh is Miami Corp and Some is private owned...They close Grand all duck season to boats..........They can close Grand all year if they want im sure......... Its easy follow the rules and no problems.....
Old 03-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Great White

When the weirs were first built, they closed them a lot to lower the water to get more vegetation to grow back there. But it severely hurt the shrimp and fish spawn.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Flounder

Cash: 671

I know I'm probably opening a can of worms here, but I want some opinions as a reality check for myself. My brother and I fish the weirs at Lamberts occasionally. If the tide is coming out in the morning, we like to get there before daylight and anchor up just outside the signs. We will cast to the weirs and try to get our limit of reds quick and early, and then we go out into the lake to fish the rest of the day for specks. Now to get the prime spot we go to a lot of effort to get up earlier than usual and make the run to Lamberts in the dark. But the last couple of years it doesn't do us much good, because as soon as the sun comes up good, here comes the illegal jerks that motor right past us and fish past the signs. So now for my question. Would I be wrong to call the warden on these people? Don't know if they would respond anyway, but to me it's not just a matter of them breaking the law, but they are also screwing me by taking their boat into the water I'm casting to? Maybe I'm being too sensitive here, but I've been fishing Big Lake since I was a little kid, and I have always believed there's enough water and enough fish for everybody without screwing over another fisherman.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhead View Post
I know I'm probably opening a can of worms here, but I want some opinions as a reality check for myself. My brother and I fish the weirs at Lamberts occasionally. If the tide is coming out in the morning, we like to get there before daylight and anchor up just outside the signs. We will cast to the weirs and try to get our limit of reds quick and early, and then we go out into the lake to fish the rest of the day for specks. Now to get the prime spot we go to a lot of effort to get up earlier than usual and make the run to Lamberts in the dark. But the last couple of years it doesn't do us much good, because as soon as the sun comes up good, here comes the illegal jerks that motor right past us and fish past the signs. So now for my question. Would I be wrong to call the warden on these people? Don't know if they would respond anyway, but to me it's not just a matter of them breaking the law, but they are also screwing me by taking their boat into the water I'm casting to? Maybe I'm being too sensitive here, but I've been fishing Big Lake since I was a little kid, and I have always believed there's enough water and enough fish for everybody without screwing over another fisherman.

Heck no its not wrong, most people just don't do it..which i prefer that aswell, less trouble. Hardly fish the weirs and when we do, we either stay on the outside past signs, or motor thru and go in the marsh.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
NOT AT ALL!!!!!!!!
Fished there one time & never again!!!!!!! There was two guys achored leagally just out side the signs, I stayed back about 50 yards, there was another guy hanging down the bank wanting to get there also, neither one of use bothered the 1st boat in any way (being very respectable to them) all of a sudden here comes a hydrosports running his motor within 15' from me, past the 2 guys that were already there past the signs with his motor still running THROWS HIS ANCHOR damn near in the 2 guys boat & is inbetween them & the weir, right where they were fishing!!!!! I felt bad for the 2 old men. I wanted to whip that guys azz for them!!!!!

All I can say is they better be glad my Dad wasn't there!!!!! He would have lit that azz up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't fix stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

The signs are there for a reason........It's a safety issue......If someone was to fall out & get sucked through the weir & drown.....you'll see gates put up....that's a promise!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

Take a pic on your phone and get the boat #s if possible and call the WL&F right away............let them all pile up and get good pics.....so when the game wardens pull up and they bail out saying they were not behind the line.....Show the Warden you pics........I like to try to block them in......