SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04-29-2015, 06:22 PM
swampman46 swampman46 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South La.
Posts: 604
Cash: 1,524
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Uh yeah.

Selling a substance to consenting adult should hardly be a crime.

Like prostitution. Who cares. Two consenting adults.
All the bad things about prostitution would go away if legal.
Just like most bad things that surround drugs.

I'm patting myself on the back right now for staying out of this as long as I did.
Should have stayed out of it longer.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-29-2015, 06:44 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Uh yeah.

Selling a substance to consenting adult should hardly be a crime.

Like prostitution. Who cares. Two consenting adults.
All the bad things about prostitution would go away if legal.
Just like most bad things that surround drugs.

I'm patting myself on the back right now for staying out of this as long as I did.
If a chick wants to sell some puzz I have no problem with that. It's hers and if she wants to rent it out for a while then go ahead.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Smalls Smalls is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Central LA
Posts: 2,822
Cash: 3,948
Default

I'm curious how "all the bad things" associated with drugs would go away if they were legal? And what drugs are we talking about here? I mean, if we are just talking about drugs in general, I would really love to know how legalized cocaine would eliminate overdoses.....

I'll wait.

I got really mad today reading posts on Facebook about the situation in Baltimore. Saw several people stating that "white people" need to take responsibility for what we are doing to minorities. I really take offense to that insinuation that I am responsible for what is going on across this country. Like I owe someone something. I haven't done a single thing to anyone of any race, and these people have the nerve to act as though EVERY white person should own up to this?!?!

This is what worries me. That I'm going to be minding my own business one day, and someone is going to come after me simply because I'm white. This generalization that is happening in our country is a slippery slope.

"All cops are bad."

"All white people discriminate against and oppress minorities."

Dangerous ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-29-2015, 06:51 PM
jbert22 jbert22 is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sulphur
Posts: 114
Cash: 712
Headknocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
People generally resort to name calling when they know they have lost the debate... Good luck in your campaign to legalize heroin and let the criminals run wild. You and clampy have fun sucking on the glass pipe together
Its easy to tell who the dems are in this world isn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-29-2015, 06:52 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,584
Default

I am thankful for the 10's of thousands of good and even great LEO......and I trust that they know the law damn well better than I do.

To assume you know more about the law than a LEO does might be a tragic mis judgement.

You have very little "rights" when you put your hand on an officer......at that very moment, he has every right to defend himself.

When you wrestle with a LEO and expect to "win" you prove you are a very very shallow person.

You can be as smart a **** Tracey, but you push on a cop and you are just being **** at that point.

I would venture to bet that the amount of cop brutality cases versue the amount of times they are engaged with the public is less than one tenth of one percent as a nation.

We have GREAT officers in our small towns, many are family to the town.

My dad as chief arrested 150 or so people over his first and only term.
In a town of 650 voters he only lost by less than 50 votes.......goes to show.......most people, given the light of day and a sober slumber, realize the just how stupid they where the night before
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-29-2015, 06:57 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,584
Default

the devil destroys one small "give in" at a time.....we have given in to cigs and alcohol....I am drinking a bourbon now.....

But abuse of both as ruined literally millions of lives directly and 100's of millions indirectly......

that can't be argued.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-29-2015, 07:25 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,584
Default

balmore.jpeg

if this is accurate........this is a LARGE first step
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-29-2015, 07:35 PM
jbert22 jbert22 is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: sulphur
Posts: 114
Cash: 712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Attachment 86998

if this is accurate........this is a LARGE first step
I get the gist of you're post but I wish there were more like these guys
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-29-2015, 07:39 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,584
Default

Take what you can get........light one candle and curse the darkness
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-29-2015, 07:55 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
Duckman Its obvious to me that you have a problem with authority and possibly your ego.

Yes your 100% correct the cop may not be right but guess what your dead who won that game of chicken...Nobody

My whole reasoning to obey a cops command is the risk of them making a poor decisions. To me it's a matter of self preservation. If something goes down that was handled incorrectly by a LEO, you have a much better chance of "winning" if you remain calm, listen; then handle the situation afterwards with a lawyer.

When I was 16 I was caught drinking outside a bar in New Orleans; and received a minor in possession of alcohol. There was a moment where I thought about running from the cop; I thought I'm younger, faster and can prob get away. Then a little voice told me, if he caught me I would have hell to pay for making him take chase.
Your assumption that I am the dead one is vastly exaggerated. I have shot many many combat pistol matches against cops and have beat most of them.
Furthermore I have no issue with authority as long as that authority is used justly and within reason. I'm sorry that unlike you I refuse o bow like a puppy that has been beat too much. Have fun being a slave.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:07 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
I am thankful for the 10's of thousands of good and even great LEO......and I trust that they know the law damn well better than I do.

To assume you know more about the law than a LEO does might be a tragic mis judgement.

You have very little "rights" when you put your hand on an officer......at that very moment, he has every right to defend himself.

When you wrestle with a LEO and expect to "win" you prove you are a very very shallow person.

You can be as smart a **** Tracey, but you push on a cop and you are just being **** at that point.

I would venture to bet that the amount of cop brutality cases versue the amount of times they are engaged with the public is less than one tenth of one percent as a nation.

We have GREAT officers in our small towns, many are family to the town.

My dad as chief arrested 150 or so people over his first and only term.
In a town of 650 voters he only lost by less than 50 votes.......goes to show.......most people, given the light of day and a sober slumber, realize the just how stupid they where the night before
Good point. What happens when a cop puts his hands on you? Should you be allowed to defend yourself or should you just bow to their self imposed authority? Granted I am talking about a cop acting out of line. To me it has nothing to do with cop or not. You threaten me and I will defend myself accordingly. You wearing a badge just lets me know you have a vest on and I need to make head shots. PERIOD.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:11 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Attachment 86998

if this is accurate........this is a LARGE first step
Good people. Any person can be trash. Race doesn't dictate that. Personal responsibility dictates what person you are.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:12 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,584
Default

unreasonable people cannot whine about being treated unreasonably.......

just don't be unreasonable.

regardless if you are a cop, a wanna be cop, or a person that knows the law better than the cop, or shoots better than the cop, or is faster than the cop, or .......or.........or........

the only thing worse than one unreasonable person is two.........
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:26 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
Duckman Its obvious to me that you have a problem with authority and possibly your ego.

Yes your 100% correct the cop may not be right but guess what your dead who won that game of chicken...Nobody

My whole reasoning to obey a cops command is the risk of them making a poor decisions. To me it's a matter of self preservation. If something goes down that was handled incorrectly by a LEO, you have a much better chance of "winning" if you remain calm, listen; then handle the situation afterwards with a lawyer.

When I was 16 I was caught drinking outside a bar in New Orleans; and received a minor in possession of alcohol. There was a moment where I thought about running from the cop; I thought I'm younger, faster and can prob get away. Then a little voice told me, if he caught me I would have hell to pay for making him take chase.
So if you would have ran from the cop he would have all rights to gun you down? You should have tried that. It would be great to see if he could shoot good enough. Try it but get a friend to video it. I want to see if you make it
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:32 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
unreasonable people cannot whine about being treated unreasonably.......

just don't be unreasonable.

regardless if you are a cop, a wanna be cop, or a person that knows the law better than the cop, or shoots better than the cop, or is faster than the cop, or .......or.........or........

the only thing worse than one unreasonable person is two.........
Can you be the SC ambassador? We all just talking smack but you try to keep us blowing our tops.
I do enjoy your well thought out reasonable replies.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:51 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Can you be the SC ambassador? We all just talking smack but you try to keep us blowing our tops.
I do enjoy your well thought out reasonable replies.
you guys should know me well enough to know I'm not out to just tick people off.

The dialouge we have here (for most of us) is civil and brings enjoyable debate because we are all "real" folks..

I think many of us, including me, have no real idea of the sub-culture we have in the large cities these days.

Baltimore and many other cities represent an altered reality for us.........many of these young men protesting have never witnessed or heard of a male figure in the family EVER working.......for generations deep now.......

We are blessed to not have to live in that reality.

While I do not condone their actions, I can understand how it happens.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:57 PM
simplepeddler's Avatar
simplepeddler simplepeddler is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saint amant
Posts: 3,421
Cash: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Good people. Any person can be trash. Race doesn't dictate that. Personal responsibility dictates what person you are.
What if you never, EVER saw ANY person in your family show personal responisbility?
Where would you learn it from?
No one took you to church?
Even your teachers cannot/did not show it to you.........
You came home to empty houses.........you ate from left OUT fast food, not leftover.....

No one taught you hygiene, basic civil understanding,

Would you even know WHAT repsonsibility looks like?
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-29-2015, 09:26 PM
Goooh's Avatar
Goooh Goooh is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Broussard
Posts: 5,660
Cash: 7,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
People generally resort to name calling when they know they have lost the debate... Good luck in your campaign to legalize heroin and let the criminals run wild. You and clampy have fun sucking on the glass pipe together

Solid retort
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-29-2015, 09:35 PM
Goooh's Avatar
Goooh Goooh is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Broussard
Posts: 5,660
Cash: 7,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
you guys should know me well enough to know I'm not out to just tick people off.



The dialouge we have here (for most of us) is civil and brings enjoyable debate because we are all "real" folks..



I think many of us, including me, have no real idea of the sub-culture we have in the large cities these days.



Baltimore and many other cities represent an altered reality for us.........many of these young men protesting have never witnessed or heard of a male figure in the family EVER working.......for generations deep now.......



We are blessed to not have to live in that reality.



While I do not condone their actions, I can understand how it happens.

This is a great post.

Understanding the other side of the coin is the biggest hurdle in developing logical scenarios for the betterment of society as a whole. This is part of the layers I have been poking at throughout the whole conversation.

The problem we face goes way dealer than just ignoring the problem and saying people need to nut up and get there crap together - it's generational, change for this environment starts with the young and takes place over generations. Force only goes so far before it turns against you.

Call it white guilt or whatever you want, I call it identifying fundamental problem and realizing that the current method of action is not going to resolve anything, but will only make it worse.

Motor ingrams are set at a young age, change the paradigm with the youth and you change history... History isn't normally dictated by the actions of the aggressor, but more so by the reactions of the perceived victims of the aggression.

People are people, and at the end of the day people are animals to a certain extent. When pinned against a wall and left with only primal instinct to prove a point, primal instinct will prevail every time... From both sides.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-29-2015, 09:37 PM
B-Stealth B-Stealth is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 1,382
Cash: 1,461
Default Good Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
What if you never, EVER saw ANY person in your family show personal responisbility?
Where would you learn it from?
No one took you to church?
Even your teachers cannot/did not show it to you.........
You came home to empty houses.........you ate from left OUT fast food, not leftover.....

No one taught you hygiene, basic civil understanding,

Would you even know WHAT repsonsibility looks like?

Excellent point, that's the million dollar question we don't know how to solve.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map