Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 03-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
I believe that was in 2008..... Hahaha

But for real I've got access to a 24 champ,24 skeeter, 22 champ, 24 triton & 22 ft Nautic star and 2 smaller skiff style boats..... I can take these out anytime. So I really don't have a reason to buy a boat at this time. I will eventually buy another, but I haven't found one I like enough to buy for the price point I'm at.

So your a professional bum?? Just had to say it...to good not to pass up
Old 03-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Redfish

Cash: 749
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Exactly, that was my point earlier today but it got s little crazy in here.

AGRRREEEDD
Old 03-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Newer better hull design and performance will prevail. As other brand hulls were one time at or near the top of the want list and have descended that list, so to will the haynie be one day. Innovation, engineering and newer materials will always drive another better design in waiting to trump what is currently on top. To those who can pay cash for the latest/greatest hull brand fantastic. That is the way it should be done. It is those who have to finance a hull and be in debt to a lending institution, that is a contributor why our nations economy is in the current state.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
Newer better hull design and performance will prevail. As other brand hulls were one time at or near the top of the want list and have descended that list, so to will the haynie be one day. Innovation, engineering and newer materials will always drive another better design in waiting to trump what is currently on top. To those who can pay cash for the latest/greatest hull brand fantastic. That is the way it should be done. It is those who have to finance a hull and be in debt to a lending institution, that is a contributor why our nations economy is in the current state.
And how do you justify that statement?
Old 03-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
LOL...Yea Ok..... I financed mine for 5years and Had a offer of 2K less then I paid for it.....Plus I went though State Farm bank and got 5.8% interest on a Boat.... My boat motor has a 5 year warranty and my Hull lifetime....So when I pay off my boat...My note will be paid off...If I keep it that long

Now ...I advise no one to finance your taxes in... Pay your taxes cash
Old 03-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,194

Quote:
It is pertty harsh to say that someone that has a loan for a boat contributed to our current economy. As long as people are putting money down to have some equity and making their payments and are not putting themselves above thier family then I don't see anything wrong with a guy borrowing money to acquire a boat. It would be really hard for most average income folks to ever come up with enough cash to enjoy boat ownership. I would hate to see something as great as our sport be taken away from the majority of our fishermen.

Last edited by ckinchen; 03-26-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Redfish

it aint financing that has ruined our economy It was people that paying for their debts that hurt us The gov put an emphasis on lending out money so institutions lent out money to those that should not have qualified Take a hard look at credit scores Those that have great scores are those that have borrowed money If you were to pay all your big purchases and not finance them you would have poor credit scores ........ I am gunna finance some of my boat But I pay all my notes on time .......Besides, I am making a better % on my money in investments than I have to pay by borrowing
Old 03-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhntr03 View Post
it aint financing that has ruined our economy It was people that paying for their debts that hurt us The gov put an emphasis on lending out money so institutions lent out money to those that should not have qualified Take a hard look at credit scores Those that have great scores are those that have borrowed money If you were to pay all your big purchases and not finance them you would have poor credit scores ........ I am gunna finance some of my boat But I pay all my notes on time .......Besides, I am making a better % on my money in investments than I have to pay by borrowing

Roger that..... Losing a job or serious health condition I could see someone having to default on payments....but thats not even most cases...

My Mom has a Mortgage company in Lafayette....and she said that you would be surprised at the collage kids getting credit cards and maxing them all out....then defaulting on them.... Bankrupt...

If anyone is going to buy a boat....1st they should know it will cost them a lot to keep it up plus fuel.

I love watching these young kids offshore buy 50K trucks and tires....I ask them...How long did you finance that.... 7 years..... Then I ask.... Do you plan on living with your mommy for 7 more years??? Most never even think about it. Just I can cover the note. I know a guy offshore who bought a 45,000 boat and had it repo 6 months later.... I said dude ***??? He said Man: I did nt know the insurance and note plus gas would cost that much.... Then i ask...Why not sell it then have to go under on that note....I also told him that your credit is what gets you by in life! Good credit can get you financed for anything with lower payments and even get you a better job...... He said...I dont need credit im 19 years old

Last edited by "W"; 03-26-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086
Hairout Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
So your a professional bum?? Just had to say it...to good not to pass up
I'm a professional tour guide... All these guys are friend and u go with them to show em new spots and bc were friends..... I'm not a bum.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "w" View Post
roger that..... Losing a job or serious health condition i could see someone having to default on payments....but thats not even most cases...

My mom has a mortgage company in lafayette....and she said that you would be surprised at the collage kids getting credit cards and maxing them all out....then defaulting on them.... Bankrupt...

If anyone is going to buy a boat....1st they should know it will cost them a lot to keep it up plus fuel.

I love watching these young kids offshore buy 50k trucks and tires....i ask them...how long did you finance that.... 7 years..... Then i ask.... Do you plan on living with your mommy for 7 more years??? Most never even think about it. Just i can cover the note. I know a guy offshore who bought a 45,000 boat and had it repo 6 months later.... I said dude ***??? He said man: I did nt know the insurance and note plus gas would cost that much.... Then i ask...why not sell it then have to go under on that note....i also told him that your credit is what gets you buy in life! Good credit can get you financed for anything with lower payments and even get you a better job...... He said...i dont need credit im 19 years old
well said
Old 03-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I have only 1 loan note at a time.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I have only 1 loan note at a time.

I guess you can do that when your old...

All I have is House,Boat and Truck...but company pays me Mileage so I get a new one every 2 years
Old 03-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Been like that for the past 20 years. Now and then one will overlap another, but not for long.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Quote:
From what I gather, you pay cash for everything?
And you have never financed anything in your life? Just wondering.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Ling

Lmfao Re

Quote:
Let me b honest....... U R AN IDIOT!!!
People like u should not b allowed to talk or voice Ur opinion.
Next time u wanna post a comment.... Write it down on paper then flush it.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Let me b honest....... U R AN IDIOT!!!
People like u should not b allowed to talk or voice Ur opinion.
Next time u wanna post a comment.... Write it down on paper then flush it.
Thats kind of harsh....If the dude can pay cash...More power to him...

But I can make 18% or more in the market with my cash....and borrow from the bank less than 5% ....

So I look at this... 50,000 @5% note...or 50,000 15-25% market gain...

Ill take the market for $200
Old 03-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Ling

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Thats kind of harsh....If the dude can pay cash...More power to him...

But I can make 18% or more in the market with my cash....and borrow from the bank less than 5% ....

So I look at this... 50,000 @5% note...or 50,000 15-25% market gain...

Ill take the market for $200
Yea. It is harsh.. But stupid statements like that need to b responded to with harshness ...... Less that 10% of people pay cash for their boats, trucks, Homes, etc.
To say that financing purchases is a bad move is stupid and obvisouly this guy needs a reality check.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Quote:
Yea. It is harsh.. But stupid statements like that need to b responded to with harshness ...... Less that 10% of people pay cash for their boats, trucks, Homes, etc.
To say that financing purchases is a bad move is stupid and obvisouly this guy needs a reality check.

With the guys on this forum, there should be no problem of him getting a reality check!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
So you wanna buy mine when I sell it next year????
Thanks, but I will pass
Old 03-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
With the guys on this forum, there should be no problem of him getting a reality check!!!

Why are you not fishing?? 20mph winds....you should have the lake to yourself