SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 03-19-2015, 08:59 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
WHAT is UP with the CAPS?

That's how you know he means business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
That's how you know he means business.

Lmao!!!!! or LMAO!!!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

#saltlife #seriousbusiness
Old 03-19-2015, 10:33 AM
Flounder

Cash: 616

I didn't attend the meeting. After reading some posts I decided it'd be better to sit on this site and just ***** and moan than to go speak up and call the MOFO's out about the issues members of this site cry about constantly. As long as there is a STAR tournament I will pay my money to not be the dip**** who caught the tagged redfish and wasn't in the tourney. Tons of people enter the STAR every year and are then CCA members. Don't know how hard it is to have these people show up to one of the meetings and do all this *****ing and finger pointing. Seems like everybody wants change, but nobody wants do the things necessary to invoke change. W made a phone call or 2 to Baton Rouge. Good on you W, way to fight the powers that be, LOL, can't believe that didn't solve anything. My point about the meeting was that if any and everybody that constantly *****es about CCA would show up to a meeting and bring up all of this information and ask the questions, then maybe something would get done. And if nothing happened after that, then we could get our lynch mobs together and say **** on CCA, let's get em. I just wanted to see it first hand. Y'all seem like the same kind of people that would ***** about Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and ISIS and how we need to send troops over, but don't have the balls to go sign up and fight yourselves. Bunch of armchair quartebacks, hollering from the sidelines, but don't wanna get in the game.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

^^^^he mad^^^^
Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Well.... someone get the popcorn out...
Old 03-19-2015, 10:51 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

I don't think you can compare this to joining the military.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
Dude. Seriously. Let it go. You look like a fool trying to back a group of ex-frat boys that are the Edwin Edwards of Conservation. I was very unbiased and partially a supporter of CCA until I attended the State of the Lake Meeting months ago at Prien Lake Park. It was obvious that those people have no true interest in supporting their mission statement or acting with the best interest of the estuaries. I can not believe the Audacity shown by that group to come out to a concerned group of anglers/conservationists and show their lack of ability and misuse of resources/scientific data.
^^^ THIS

Soon rest of our area will catch on and CCA will not even have a shootout anymore !! Due to lack of money here !

I know the STAR is too good for most to pass up so that is the only thing keeping them a float in our area !!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFishKiller View Post
I didn't attend the meeting. After reading some posts I decided it'd be better to sit on this site and just ***** and moan than to go speak up and call the MOFO's out about the issues members of this site cry about constantly. As long as there is a STAR tournament I will pay my money to not be the dip**** who caught the tagged redfish and wasn't in the tourney. Tons of people enter the STAR every year and are then CCA members. Don't know how hard it is to have these people show up to one of the meetings and do all this *****ing and finger pointing. Seems like everybody wants change, but nobody wants do the things necessary to invoke change. W made a phone call or 2 to Baton Rouge. Good on you W, way to fight the powers that be, LOL, can't believe that didn't solve anything. My point about the meeting was that if any and everybody that constantly *****es about CCA would show up to a meeting and bring up all of this information and ask the questions, then maybe something would get done. And if nothing happened after that, then we could get our lynch mobs together and say **** on CCA, let's get em. I just wanted to see it first hand. Y'all seem like the same kind of people that would ***** about Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and ISIS and how we need to send troops over, but don't have the balls to go sign up and fight yourselves. Bunch of armchair quartebacks, hollering from the sidelines, but don't wanna get in the game.

Dude you don't think we tried ? I sent emails and made phone calls !! I'm done with CCA until they stop sucking the politicians aZZ

My 3 year old knows more about big lake than any one in Baton Rouge with CCA and that's a freaken fact
Old 03-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
I call it like it is, raising taxes ain't something any conservative talks about. I still just wondering if that ole boy that started the thread went to the meeting and if he did if asked about my neighbors silver lab they are responsible for
They said your neighbor shoulda taught that dumb SOB not to play on the road.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Been to a meeting that the oyster dredging was brought up, by someone that owns a house on the lake, he was basically given the runaround hev ho........

Ive inquired about BL crab trap clean ups, and was blown off pretty much.

Most of the emails Ive gotten have been nothing but bouquet money drive subjects, and membership drive, ($$$$$$$$$)

So far seems rather futile for me to pursue any interaction with CCA
Old 03-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Did yall know that DU spends more money in SW La to conserve coastal habitat than CCA. DU puts in weirs, terraces,levees, etc. CCA builds reefs
Old 03-19-2015, 11:07 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Y'all seem like the same kind of people that would ***** about Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and ISIS and how we need to send troops over, but don't have the balls to go sign up and fight yourselves. Bunch of armchair quartebacks, hollering from the sidelines, but don't wanna get in the game.
It is a load of manipulative baloney to infer that getting "in the game" begins with giving money to an organization that is damaging to the sport by continuously supporting unscientific increases in fishing regulations and restrictions, not to mention a recent increase in license fees.

CCA spends a lot of money supporting conservation programs that benefit Texas anglers, but most of their work in Louisiana is fleecing LA anglers to send $$$ back to TX and lobbying for more restrictive regulations.

Getting in the game begins by not sending them any more money through STAR participation, membership, donations, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCA Texas.jpg (45.5 KB, 232 views)
Old 03-19-2015, 11:10 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
I don't think you can compare this to joining the military.

It wasn't an apple to apples comparison. The point I was trying to make was "Don't talk about it, be about it". Like go to the Lake Charles chapter meeting and stand up and ask, "*** are y'all doing to help out Big Lake?" When there's an issue involving the Police Jury you go to the meeting and express your concerns and voice your opinion. If half the people on this thread alone were to go to a meeting and voice all of this, then and only then would something happen. And like I said before, if they didn't act on it and do anything I'd be all for bringing CCA down and exposing them for what they are. But, to sit on a forum and gripe about issues, and when presented a chance to voice them to CCA, turn around and say, they won't do nothing, and list all kinds of reasons not to go just seems silly to me.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:10 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

http://www.ccatexas.org/where-we-work/habitat-projects/

Where is a comparable list of projects and expenditures in Louisiana?

CCA does not even spend 10% of the $ in LA as it does in TX, in spite of the fact that LA anglers contribute to over 30% of its funding.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:13 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
It is a load of manipulative baloney .
Ive never seen Bull Sh it spelled like that!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:29 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
It is a load of manipulative baloney to infer that getting "in the game" begins with giving money to an organization that is damaging to the sport by continuously supporting unscientific increases in fishing regulations and restrictions, not to mention a recent increase in license fees.

CCA spends a lot of money supporting conservation programs that benefit Texas anglers, but most of their work in Louisiana is fleecing LA anglers to send $$$ back to TX and lobbying for more restrictive regulations.

Getting in the game begins by not sending them any more money through STAR participation, membership, donations, etc.
For somebody with a handle like MathGeek, you don't sound too smart. When I said get in the game I was referring to go to the meeting and echo the posts about what needs to be done on BL. Boycott the STAR lol, good luck with that. You'd have to be an idiot to fish any waters the STAR is on and not be in tournament just for the simple fact that you might catch a tagged redfish and win a truck. If I only fished BL once a year I'd still be in the STAR, which in turn makes you a member of CCA. So, go ahead MathGeek and boycott away. I'd love to be there when you catch a tagged redfish so I could look over and say, "Hey man, you showed those fools at CCA, now throw that free truck back in the water." We'd get back to the launch and I'd tell the story, and people would say, "Damn, what an idiot, who saltwater fishes and doesn't enter the STAR? Then, I'd point to you as you walked away with your head held high and say, that man right there, a man of principal and conviction." Nobody gives a ***** about CCA or what they are doing. Truth is CCA came up with a genius plan to make tons of money for cheap. Nobody's gonna pass up a chance to win a truck doing something they already do and are gonna do even if there wasn't a tournament.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Flounder

Hey, no BS though, if somebody wants to PM me with a legit list of concerns and questions y'all want brought up to CCA I'll make sure I'm at the next meeting and bring it all up. they have a meeting every month. Don't get it twisted, I feel the same way a lot of you do about CCA, but instead of *****ing about on here, I'll go do it at their meeting. And if that don't do anything I'll tell em to all get F'ed and become a strictly bass fisherman. It's no sweat off my sack.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:40 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
It wasn't an apple to apples comparison. The point I was trying to make was "Don't talk about it, be about it". Like go to the Lake Charles chapter meeting and stand up and ask, "*** are y'all doing to help out Big Lake?" When there's an issue involving the Police Jury you go to the meeting and express your concerns and voice your opinion. If half the people on this thread alone were to go to a meeting and voice all of this, then and only then would something happen. And like I said before, if they didn't act on it and do anything I'd be all for bringing CCA down and exposing them for what they are. But, to sit on a forum and gripe about issues, and when presented a chance to voice them to CCA, turn around and say, they won't do nothing, and list all kinds of reasons not to go just seems silly to me.
I've been reading these things for a long time on this board, and I can tell you, I've been to CCA meetings, AND heard these issues brought up. They get ignored. Plain and simple. They put together a whole "State of the Lake" meeting just to try and shut everyone up. To show everyone what OTHER agencies are doing, not what CCA is doing. Trust me, they have no hand in those things.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Hey bub, were you there at the State of the Lake Meeting at Prien Lake Park? Guess not. If you were, you would of heard a slew of questions from a concerned audience (including myself) about how things operate, what is happening, and their plans to help. And after 3-4 hours of political jargon and obvious lack of ability and execution you would have left like the rest of us, upset and disappointed. And don't get it twisted, they don't want your or our help, they are sitting comfy in their little nest they've built and don't want anyone coming poke them with enthusiasm and passion about truly fixing the problem.

When an organization can make decisions on creel limits and seasons with out any concrete science but can't/won't make a single decision backed by black and white data then I and many others want no part of it.

"uhhh yea we obviously can tell by the charts that the oyster reefs are diminishing at a devastating rate for the last x years, but we haven't done anything about it." GTFO with that noise.

P.s. it won't stop me from going to the banquets and smashing that pork steak and open bar though!