SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,115

Your drone over my property = target practice.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjleger337 View Post
This entire argument of "privacy" is a joke really... there is no such thing as privacy anymore if you own a cell phone, computer, GPS, car with TPMS sensors, cars past around 2007, etc etc. not to mention every place you go into you are recorded, every intersection you have passed through you have been on camera. Everywhere you are you are being monitored and data is and has been collected on you, your likes, your dislikes, your routes and patterns, but yet you people want to cry about recreational drones possibly being used to spy on people. (which might I add would be a small portion of people in a small category) C'mon guys, I dont see the outrage for invasion of privacy when the govt is doing it via mass data collection of all phone calls, texts, anything digital... theres an entire digital footprint of you stored somewhere on underground servers (even a non digital footprint via public cameras), yet you want to bicker about a damn toy plane that a horned up teenager "might" use to spy on the neighbor.

And even if you claim to not use the internet often, it doesnt matter. All your medical records, hell ANY kind of records are stored digitally (medical, debit and credit history, all government records, you get the picture)

Right. Go ahead and tell me how youre so against invasion of privacy when half of you either support/ or didnt care/dont know about the "patriot" act.
So just because the government does it that makes it ok for everyone to do It? I can't stop or control what the government keeps tabs on but I guarunfu ckingtee you I can and will control what anyone else does on my property.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

I think these two guy's missed the point (16 year old girl sunbathing) enough said!
I don't have a daughter but I sure as would have blown it out of the sky!
Old 10-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Flounder

Cash: 633

What Im trying to say is that if someone wants to spy on you there are a plethora of avenues they can take that dont involve a drone, and I still cant get over the fact that there are some people here that think they are the center of attention in their neighborhood to where people would want to spy on them..

Just hope yall dont shoot one of those high dollar drones that belong to a surveying company that maps the contour of the land or anything, thatll probably land you a felony.

For me to shoot a drone, it would have to be insanely close, like flying within arms reach and obviously being used for malicious reason. And even still, I would run the risk of getting arrested for damage to property.

The fact remains that if the drone is flying above your owned airspace (which like I mentioned is anywhere from 80 to 500ft) and you shoot it down you can be criminally charged.

Just did a google search for the article and Ill be curious to see if the charges against the shooter are dropped or upheld once the video evidence noted below is released. Again, sounds like a gross overreaction by someone who is frightened by technology. Wonder when they will go to court?

Following the original news story, the drone pilot has come forward with what he claims is the flight data of the trip that ended in disaster. Speaking with Kentucky's WDRB, the drone's operator, David Boggs, has provided a video record of the drone's movements on the date of the incident, appearing to show that the vehicle was over 200 feet in the air at the time it was shot down. Boggs also claims that he was flying his drone in the area to film a friend's home, and that his trip over Merideth's property had nothing to do with his daughter being outside.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Flounder

Even more interesting is the cached video below of the drones last moments before being shot.. clearly not 10' off the ground in his back yard. Also wasnt even focused on the ground until he began to get shot at. The plane landed in someone elses yard (that tells you that it was so high the wind caused it to drift after it lost power) and the man refuses to hand over the sim card with the real time video on it...and why? Because he is lying about the fact that it was 10ft off the ground in his backyard spying on his daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQE9ozut57Q
Old 10-07-2015, 02:48 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
What Im trying to say is that if someone wants to spy on you there are a plethora of avenues they can take that dont involve a drone, and I still cant get over the fact that there are some people here that think they are the center of attention in their neighborhood to where people would want to spy on them..

Just hope yall dont shoot one of those high dollar drones that belong to a surveying company that maps the contour of the land or anything, thatll probably land you a felony.

For me to shoot a drone, it would have to be insanely close, like flying within arms reach and obviously being used for malicious reason. And even still, I would run the risk of getting arrested for damage to property.

The fact remains that if the drone is flying above your owned airspace (which like I mentioned is anywhere from 80 to 500ft) and you shoot it down you can be criminally charged.

Just did a google search for the article and Ill be curious to see if the charges against the shooter are dropped or upheld once the video evidence noted below is released. Again, sounds like a gross overreaction by someone who is frightened by technology. Wonder when they will go to court?

Following the original news story, the drone pilot has come forward with what he claims is the flight data of the trip that ended in disaster. Speaking with Kentucky's WDRB, the drone's operator, David Boggs, has provided a video record of the drone's movements on the date of the incident, appearing to show that the vehicle was over 200 feet in the air at the time it was shot down. Boggs also claims that he was flying his drone in the area to film a friend's home, and that his trip over Merideth's property had nothing to do with his daughter being outside.
Over 200' in the air when he shot it down...Did he use a scud missile?
Old 10-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Blue Marlin

From the thread I posted today...

"Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office spokesman Lt. Col. Bobby Webre confirmed they are investigating, but said they do not expect to press charges against anyone. Webre said there is no law in Louisiana that applies to this situation. Instead, he says people should be logical and respectful when it comes to flying drones over someone else's property."
Old 10-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Over 200' in the air when he shot it down...Did he use a scud missile?
50 yards = 150'..... about as far as youd want to shoot with #4 shot. Its really not that far fetched.

If the guy was spying, Im sure the SIM card will be handy evidence, which may be why the shooter is holding on to it. But wouldnt he want to hand the SIM card over if it supports his story? I guess we will see when they are in trial. But at that height, and with the wide angle lens as shown in the video I posted, its clear that its not an ideal setup to spy on people.

Now with all this being said, there should be a mutual respect amongst neighbors.. let them know what youre doing and if they see a drone that its you...to avoid this kind of stuff, and you might not get your drone shot down.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:

Now with all this being said, there should be a mutual respect amongst neighbors.. let them know what youre doing and if they see a drone that its you...to avoid this kind of stuff, and you might not get your drone shot down.
This been the point of many all along. Like the link I posted earlier for something similar in my area, he had spoken with the neighbor and the sheriff's dept already and, problem persisted.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
This been the point of many all along. Like the link I posted earlier for something similar in my area, he had spoken with the neighbor and the sheriff's dept already and, problem persisted.
Nothing teaches respect for boundaries like enforcement of said boundaries.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 899

Based on where the quad took off from and where it was shot down, I wouldn't exactly call them neighbors. The guy that owned the house that was supposedly being filmed probably doesn't even know the guy that shot it down. I know I got neighbors that border my property and I don't know them. If the quad was just hovering over the guys property and his daughter is sunbathing why doesn't he have the right to be upset? Is everyone supposed to be a quad expert? Do you really believe everyone know their capabilities or inabilities?
Old 10-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
50 yards = 150'..... about as far as youd want to shoot with #4 shot. Its really not that far fetched.

If the guy was spying, Im sure the SIM card will be handy evidence, which may be why the shooter is holding on to it. But wouldnt he want to hand the SIM card over if it supports his story? I guess we will see when they are in trial. But at that height, and with the wide angle lens as shown in the video I posted, its clear that its not an ideal setup to spy on people.

50 yards is on the extreme for a shotgun. Now make it 200' which is 50 yards +16 yards and 2'. Yeah the 200' thing looks like bs. The whole situation ciuld have been avoided if pilot and neighbor would have just let the guy know what was going on beforehand.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 620

travelbydrone.com > > so cool!
Old 10-08-2015, 07:21 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
50 yards is on the extreme for a shotgun. Now make it 200' which is 50 yards +16 yards and 2'. Yeah the 200' thing looks like bs. The whole situation ciuld have been avoided if pilot and neighbor would have just let the guy know what was going on beforehand.
I shoot 3.5 inch triple BBs and can stone a scaup at 70 yards and they tough as leather. A little plastic drone would be toast. One pellet to those plastic blades it will drop
Old 10-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
I shoot 3.5 inch triple BBs and can stone a scaup at 70 yards and they tough as leather. A little plastic drone would be toast. One pellet to those plastic blades it will drop
^^^^^^^^^
THIS!!!!!!!!!