SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988
Default Favorite team ?

Who is your favorite football team and why are they your favorite? (kind of sounds like an essay ?)
Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Saints cuz they kick @$$!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Mine is fairly obviOUs.

but why?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,194

LSU because I grew up in the greater Baton Rouge area and I have great pride for the state of Louisiana and all of the schools in this state. LA people and culture are like no other destination in our great country. LSU and the Saints are both a part of the culture of our state which is very different than most states but common in the south. After all, I am a southerner by the grace of God.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
But, but....didn't you graduate from SELA? How the hell can you be an LSU fan?

Yep I am an SELA graduate. LSU is happy to take my money every year as is SELA.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Well, for one thing....I married a Sooner. Been an OU fan so long....I really don't know anything else.
So you did not attend Choklahoma university?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,574

Quote:
Well, for one thing....I married a Sooner. Been an OU fan so long....I really don't know anything else.
Careful Salty, someone could take that wrong and jump all over this one.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Now Salty, you know that comment is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, sensetive issue to some of the lsu fans on this site.

BTW, my favorite team is WHO EVER IS PLAYING LSU....why- because of the W type fans that lsu has.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Well mine is the SUPERBOWL XLIV CHAMPION... Been a fan for as long as I can remember.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Tripletail

Nobody has mentioned AMERICA's Team yet!?!
Because it's AMERICA's Team.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

Quote:
That is correct. But, since I didn't "attend" any college.......I have my choice of teams to root for.

whoa salty...... asr's book of rules section 4 chapter 7 verse 71 clearly states anyone who didn't attend college is not a true fan....therfore you are not allowed to comment or follow any sports team........

if that's what your rulebook says i need to get a new copy....then maybe i can unblock my espn.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
whoa salty...... asr's book of rules section 4 chapter 7 verse 71 clearly states anyone who didn't attend college is not a true fan....therfore you are not allowed to comment or follow any sports team........

if that's what your rulebook says i need to get a new copy....then maybe i can unblock my espn.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Tripletail

Quote:

No wonder he knows so much about sports-- While we all were in class and studying, he was keeping up with all the sports on ESPN.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Now Salty, you know that comment is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, sensetive issue to some of the lsu fans on this site.

BTW, my favorite team is WHO EVER IS PLAYING LSU....why- because of the W type fans that lsu has.
Every fan base (including ULL) especially in the SEC has fans that rub people the wrong way and this is not a shot against W because I like him on a personal level. Some of the aTm fans here in Houston are every bit as clueless as the fans that you hate over at LSU. I have heard the "glory years" from these fans when no such "glory years" ever existed. On the whole, I really like the aTm fans, they are great people but like every school some are a challenge. When I lived in the mid-west I hated Neb fans, every school has "bad fans". Actually it is the fans like W that did not attend a college that are sometimes the most outspoken that make tiger stadium an intimidating place to play. As a whole the LSU fan base is softer today than it was when I was a kid. 20 years ago fans would never leave when it was raining or when the team was not playing “great”. Last year in the 4th quarter of a one possession game against West Virginia, 30% of the stadium was gone. I will take a true passionate LSU fan regardless of their background over a fan that goes to the games as a social outing any day of the week.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Great White

Quote:

I never said nothing about it on this thread....it was Salty who brought it up.....you need to get your facts straight.....
Old 04-01-2011, 01:58 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

Quote:
I never said nothing about it on this thread....it was Salty who brought it up.....you need to get your facts straight.....

all in fun
Old 04-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Every fan base (including ULL) especially in the SEC has fans that rub people the wrong way and this is not a shot against W because I like him on a personal level. Some of the aTm fans here in Houston are every bit as clueless as the fans that you hate over at LSU. I have heard the "glory years" from these fans when no such "glory years" ever existed. On the whole, I really like the aTm fans, they are great people but like every school some are a challenge. When I lived in the mid-west I hated Neb fans, every school has "bad fans". Actually it is the fans like W that did not attend a college that are sometimes the most outspoken that make tiger stadium an intimidating place to play. As a whole the LSU fan base is softer today than it was when I was a kid. 20 years ago fans would never leave when it was raining or when the team was not playing “great”. Last year in the 4th quarter of a one possession game against West Virginia, 30% of the stadium was gone. I will take a true passionate LSU fan regardless of their background over a fan that goes to the games as a social outing any day of the week.
OK...
Just think how much more intimidating of a place it would be if W actually went to the games...
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,549

Quote:
OK...
Just think how much more intimidating of a place it would be if W actually went to the games...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 04-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
But you have said that on other threads!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
OK...
I am speechless which is rare....