SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Armand16 is my winna and reciepent of the Saltycajun post pot
Those boys sure look happy, maybe one day they will take dad.
Thanks for playing fellas
Old 11-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Armand16 is my winna and reciepent of the Saltycajun post pot
Those boys sure look happy, maybe one day they will take dad.
Thanks for playing fellas
That woulda been my choice too
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 628

So Saturday turned out to be a complete bust. We put in at Hopedale. 4 Men, two in each boat. We were planning on hunting the Biloxi WMA. I have put in a lot of scouting, but was the only one of the 4 that had done so. As we left the boat launch, my 25 yamaha would not get the boat up on plane. It would only run about 1/4 throttle. And we were planning on running roughly 18 miles in. So after trying to mess with it and get it running for about 30 min I was ready to give up but didn't want to ruin the other 3's hunt. So the other guy in my boat got in with the other 2. I gave them the decoys and mojo's and told them that I would meet them out there. Side note: it was 3:30 at this time. Me and the other boat driver were both looking at separate gps' and I explained to him where he was going, he said that he could get there. I told them that I would get it running and if I didn't, then I would be fishing between where I was then and where they were headed. As they left, I realized that my fishing pole was in their boat. So I try and work on my motor for the next hour or so, with boats passing me like crazy while I just sit in the channel trying to get. By this time I am going crazy wanting so bad to be out there setting up decoys and getting ready to hunt. It got even worse as boats continued to pass going to have a good day of hunting, while I work on my piece of crap motor. So suddenly at about 5:30, the motor starts running about 1/2 throttle but at least on a plane. So I am pumped, in my head I was going to make it to the other crew just a little late but would still get to shoot some ducks. I make it to the pond at about 5:50. I pull in and jump up ducks but do not see the rest of my crew. I yell for them for a few min but decided that maybe I could at least shoot a fly by or so. Negative on that thought, no decoys and sitting out in the open didn't help the situation. So I ride back to the main channel looking for my people, stopping randomly yelling for them....never a response. So I ride around for an hour and half looking checking every spot we have ever been. Could not find them. So I decide to anchor out at the end of the channel where I think they went in and take a nap since I cannot find them and don't have my freakin fishing pole. I wake up about and hour later to a boat easing past me full of hunter with a freakin load of ducks.....making my day go more worse. So I ride around for a while debating on whether or not ride back to the launch to see if they were there waiting on me. I checked my gas and knew that I didn't have enough to ride back to the launch and then come back to the marsh to fish. So I anchor out again in another location for a while to debate on what the best course of action be. About twenty min later (around 9:30), they round the corner....all three guys were grinning ear to ear. I was thinking they had some sort of amazing hunt. They ride up and show me that they only have 3....two smiling mallards and a teal. CRAP. They are all ready to go back to the house but I insist that we go fishing. Terrible idea.... we fished for a few hours and only caught 2 reds and one speck. Days like this make me want to sell all of my stuff and take up golf or something. Obviously I should have ran my motor the day before. Let me know if you were one of the guys passing by...I am sure you found it pretty funny, because well it was.