SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 11-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
From the Wiki on GJ's political positions:

Treating drugs as a health problem sounds a lot like shifting a big burden to private insurers.

Johnson also seems to have a big regulatory and tax burden in mind for weed, "just like tobacco."

Maybe a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives, and Marijuana?

Wiki's tend to be written by knuckleheads like me or you... you know.. folks that have an OPINION on the subject matter.

probably best to look to his actual political page and the LP platform page.

just saying.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
Pics of the smoking hot wife or it didn't happen!
The approved internet pics:

MissSmallAimsSmall is also in the top picture.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
The approved internet pics:

MissSmallAimsSmall is also in the top picture.
whoa... whoa... whoa ..... whoa....

There are halibut fishing pictures here.... we need to stop all this politic/trolling/party bs talk and start talking about that rat now!!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

If you re read this thread really well, and link posts to the so called traits of potheads, MG fits the bill perfectly.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
If you re read this thread really well, and link posts to the so called traits of potheads, MG fits the bill perfectly.
Shhhh he just threatened to bring out the big guns........ Miss Smalls !'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I'm telling ya!!!

I mean look at that GRIN... that's a pot smoker's grin if i ever did see one.

Lol

In all seriousness nice family MG. I really would love to hear more about the Halibut.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Red Snapper

I am fairly sure miss smalls is his daughter
Old 11-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Dang dude... i popped you an extra bag an errythang....

***?

here, you can have it back......
Old 11-15-2013, 06:48 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
In all seriousness nice family MG. I really would love to hear more about the Halibut.
Alaska. That pic is from the Gulf of Alaska just off the Kenai Peninsula. We spent a few days in Kenai and then went to Seward for the remainder of a two week trip. I like the Seward and Resurrection Bay area a lot better than the Kenai Peninsula. The fishing was better, the restaurants were better, the motels and cabins were better, and the guides were better.

Everyone and his brother makes a living from tourism in the Kenai Peninsula, and everyone is a guide. It's a real mixed bag quality wise.

Resurrection Bay is the most beautiful place on earth, and Seward is a small port town on the Bay. The Marina fish cleaning stations are really hopping every afternoon in the Summer with the head boats and the guides returning with their catches. You can go out and talk to the customers and the boat captains and pick a guide or head boat that matches what you want to do.

For halibut, the boats head for deep water, 200-400'. The current is strong, so you attach a 1-4 lb lead weight to your line and let down your line to the bottom and then reel it back in just a tad so your bait is close to, but not resting on the bottom. The bait is cut fish either brought out frozen or freshly caught and cut up. The halibut in the picture were caught near Kenai. We caught some bigger ones out from Seward. You can see the trolling rods in the background. We were trolling (unsuccessfully) for salmon on the ride in. We got into the salmon later in a trip in Resurrection Bay.

The bigger halibut are loads of fun to catch. One of the mates gaffs the bigger fish after a big long fight. Then the boats have almost a ceremony where you set the fish on top of the fish box and whack them in the head with a billy club to euthanize them so they don't suffer a slow death in the box. We caught some really interesting bycatch also, lingcod, seabass, etc.

We fished four times in the two week trip and brought home enough fish for a year. Great times and good eats.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
So someone refresh me again.. is this topic about

A. Trolling
B. trolling
C. Pot
D. Politics
E. Religion
F. Cherry Pie
H. Popcorn
I. Popcorn toppings and pass procedure.

Slickfish used post #132 on "W"
Old 11-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Redfish

Cash: 810

Wow what a thread.

BTW I am VERY opposed to socialized medicine.

Now can I get in on the popcorn rotation?
Old 11-15-2013, 07:27 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:

I mean look at that GRIN... that's a pot smoker's grin if i ever did see one.
Maybe I'm smiling because I don't smoke dope!

From http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...453.x/abstract

Results.  Of the 8,650 who answered the questions about cannabis use, 754 (8.7%) reported cannabis use in the previous year with 126 (1.5%) reporting daily use, 126 reported (1.5%) weekly use, and 502 (5.8%) reported use less often than weekly. After adjusting for demographic factors, daily cannabis use compared with no use was associated with an increased likelihood of reporting two or more sexual partners in the previous year in both men (adjusted odds ratio 2.08, 95% confidence interval 1.11–3.89; P = 0.02) and women (2.58, 1.08–6.18; P = 0.03). Daily cannabis use was associated with reporting a diagnosis of a sexually transmissible infection in women but not men (7.19, 1.28–40.31; P = 0.02 and 1.45, 0.17–12.42; P = 0.74, respectively). Frequency of cannabis use was unrelated to sexual problems in women but daily use vs. no use was associated with increased reporting among men of an inability to reach orgasm (3.94, 1.71–9.07; P < 0.01), reaching orgasm too quickly (2.68, 1.41–5.08; P < 0.01), and too slowly (2.05, 1.02–4.12; P = 0.04).

Conclusions.  Frequent cannabis use is associated with higher numbers of sexual partners for both men and women, and difficulties in men's ability to orgasm as desired. Smith AMA, Ferris JA, Simpson JM, Shelley J, Pitts M, and Richters J. Cannabis use and sexual health. J Sex Med 2010;7:787–793.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Maybe I'm smiling because I don't smoke dope!

From http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...453.x/abstract

Results.  Of the 8,650 who answered the questions about cannabis use, 754 (8.7%) reported cannabis use in the previous year with 126 (1.5%) reporting daily use, 126 reported (1.5%) weekly use, and 502 (5.8%) reported use less often than weekly. After adjusting for demographic factors, daily cannabis use compared with no use was associated with an increased likelihood of reporting two or more sexual partners in the previous year in both men (adjusted odds ratio 2.08, 95% confidence interval 1.11–3.89; P = 0.02) and women (2.58, 1.08–6.18; P = 0.03). Daily cannabis use was associated with reporting a diagnosis of a sexually transmissible infection in women but not men (7.19, 1.28–40.31; P = 0.02 and 1.45, 0.17–12.42; P = 0.74, respectively). Frequency of cannabis use was unrelated to sexual problems in women but daily use vs. no use was associated with increased reporting among men of an inability to reach orgasm (3.94, 1.71–9.07; P < 0.01), reaching orgasm too quickly (2.68, 1.41–5.08; P < 0.01), and too slowly (2.05, 1.02–4.12; P = 0.04).

Conclusions.  Frequent cannabis use is associated with higher numbers of sexual partners for both men and women, and difficulties in men's ability to orgasm as desired. Smith AMA, Ferris JA, Simpson JM, Shelley J, Pitts M, and Richters J. Cannabis use and sexual health. J Sex Med 2010;7:787–793.

Nah.. not buying the silly science.. that's absolutely a dope fiends grin
Old 11-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_snipe View Post
Wow what a thread.

BTW I am VERY opposed to socialized medicine.

Now can I get in on the popcorn rotation?
Cool.. you are allowed an opinion.

but might i ask.... WHY?

Is the current joke of a system that was written by the insurance and pharma industry better?

Insurance company profits have SOARED in the last 6 years. In particular as we neared the start date of Obamajokeacare the insurance company stocks on average almost tripled.

Like i said earlier, either it needs to run in a true free market style with government cronyism out of the equation. Or socialize it and make it work that way... either / or... something needs to be done.

ps... here's your bag of popcorn... hit jordan up for some cajun spice to sprinkle on it if your into that.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Redfish

Basically I don't want government controlling my healthcare and it breeds mediocrity
Old 11-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Basically I don't want government controlling my healthcare and it breeds mediocrity
Most of europe would disagree with you.... but as long as we can agree that some type of major reform is needed i have no beef.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Redfish

Well let's take Europe as an example. I recently developed a hernia doing sit ups. While taking part in a government mandated physical fitness test. I was worried about running with a hernia. So I did an internet search about running I with a hernia. Most of the sites came up from Europe, UK in particular. What I got from those sites was that it was safe for me to continue to run. The other thing I found out was that the average wait to have a hernia that was not strangulated repaired was 4-5 years. I my case which the timing is not typical but still happened. I saw my family doctor on Thursday got a referral to see a surgeon who saw me the following Tuesday. He repaired my hernia Wednesday morning. Now in my case the surgeon was doing me a favor so I could get back to work in a timely manner. Yes I have insurance. Now in Europe that could not happen the doctor would have had to get government approval and put me on a waiting list.

I do agree we needed to do something with our healthcare system but socialized medicine is not the answer. Look at the examples in our country, Medicare and VA, who do you know actually likes them? Most people use them and are glad that it is something but don't really like them.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Well let's take Europe as an example. I recently developed a hernia doing sit ups. While taking part in a government mandated physical fitness test. I was worried about running with a hernia. So I did an internet search about running I with a hernia. Most of the sites came up from Europe, UK in particular. What I got from those sites was that it was safe for me to continue to run. The other thing I found out was that the average wait to have a hernia that was not strangulated repaired was 4-5 years. I my case which the timing is not typical but still happened. I saw my family doctor on Thursday got a referral to see a surgeon who saw me the following Tuesday. He repaired my hernia Wednesday morning. Now in my case the surgeon was doing me a favor so I could get back to work in a timely manner. Yes I have insurance. Now in Europe that could not happen the doctor would have had to get government approval and put me on a waiting list.

I do agree we needed to do something with our healthcare system but socialized medicine is not the answer. Look at the examples in our country, Medicare and VA, who do you know actually likes them? Most people use them and are glad that it is something but don't really like them.
My dad experienced similar waits for a toe injury when we were living in Canada, the govy sucks at everything. Healthcare is definitely no exception!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Red Snapper

I would rather make sure that my fellow man has access to some health care (even if it's not the quickest for non life threatening stuff) than let him die a slow and uneccessary death.

But as i said earlier i am okay with it migrating to a complete free market system as well.

My issue / beef lies with the US currently having the single most expensive health care system in the world (this is before the happy happy joy joy that obamacare is bringing us) and yet we are ranked 34 in the world for overall quality of healthcare.

There is not a doubt about the fact that we here in the US have access to the best possible health care in the world... if you can pay for it. (I'm not talking about the stuff that your insurance company foots the bill for)
Old 11-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Red Snapper

Also according to various studies that i am seeing on the internet... average wait time for a non life threatening hernia operation are 65-80 days... not 4-5 years.

for an example see page 9 http://patients-association.com/Port...ing%20Game.pdf