SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default 5/11/15 Trout Haul

I had a single customer today from Arkansas looking to experience the Louisiana outdoors. He says he wants to move down here when he retires from the Army. I don't blame him! We started out offshore headed into some solid 3 footers hoping the wind would give us a break. Our first stop we found stained water but picked away at about a dozen trout. I decided to start bouncing around since I had the whole place to myself. Second stop we found some clean water and tons of bait but no trout. Hmmm. Plan C goes into effect and we come across some birds diving on shrimp. Today was the first day I've seen shrimp jumping out the water. Counting on some fish to be under there I dropped the power pole and felt that thump. Hook set on a nice 2 lb trout. It was on. The wind had laid down a bit and the water cleaned up nicely. The trout were now in a frenzy. That is until my customer hooked a bull red. He said that was the highlight of his visit here but it took 15 minutes to fight it on light tackle and spooked all the fish in the area. It took awhile to find the trout again but when I did, it was on every cast. Didn't take long to finish our limit and we were headed north with a great day behind us.

Capt. Rob Dupont
Impulse Fishing Charters
225-776-9820
www.impulsefishingcharters.com
www.facebook.com/impulsefishing
Instagram @impulsefishing