SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:25 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I get what you're saying and definitely agree with you. $h!+ happens and then you move on. I've been called an @$$hole everyday for the past 5 or 6 years for calling it like I see it. I've just learned that sometimes it doesn't hurt to show a little comapassion for others. It'll make you see there's still hope for this country.
You're beating a dead horse.... But continue on. My heart still goes out to the victims and their families. Just glad we don't have to feed, clothe and pay that bastards legal bills.

God Bless Louisiana!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Good point crabs but here is the flip side. I don't know these two women. I think it's horrible that they lost their life. Gun free zones = easy chances for bad people to do harm.
So bc you don't know them you can't have condolences to offer. I don't know them and had problems sleeping over this. A major problem with society is the attitude of not caring about others. I'm not talking about caring if frank caught a limit a trout.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
So bc you don't know them you can't have condolences to offer. I don't know them and had problems sleeping over this. A major problem with society is the attitude of not caring about others. I'm not talking about caring if frank caught a limit a trout.

Thank you
Old 07-24-2015, 10:19 PM
Flounder

Cash: 617

Quote:
I'm not a regular poster on here but u are dead on like many. My wife has summer months off being a teacher and brings my 10,6 and 3 yr old to the theater in Broussard prolly twice a month, not too far from the grand in Lafayette. Told her last night stay home and buy movies on cox. Very sincere condolences to both families that lost very innocent daughters. Terrible.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:11 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

These types of things will continue to gain traction if we don't stop glorifying the suspects and negating the victims.

It's sickening to look back on today and feel like I've seen more of the suspect on the media and social media than I have of the victims.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:49 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
I said I think it's horrible that those two women lost their life. What more do you want?
Old 07-25-2015, 06:50 AM
Sailfish

We can all learn something from this tragedy
Old 07-25-2015, 07:06 AM
Redfish

Cash: 758

I'm not for gun control but I agree with Governor Jindel, this is not the time to be talking about 'gun control'. There are people out there that are hurting because of this shooting and we ought to be grieving with these folks.

The teacher from New Iberia, ought to be given an award for bravery. After being shot in the leg, her training (fire drill) kicked in and she pulled the fire alarm, saving many lives in the other part of the theater.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:03 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewiseman View Post
I'm not for gun control but I agree with Governor Jindel, this is not the time to be talking about 'gun control'. There are people out there that are hurting because of this shooting and we ought to be grieving with these folks.

The teacher from New Iberia, ought to be given an award for bravery. After being shot in the leg, her training (fire drill) kicked in and she pulled the fire alarm, saving many lives in the other part of the theater.
The stories coming out of this whole terrible event are amazing. So much bravery, and not just from emergency response. Ordinary people stepped up to help their neighbors, or even complete strangers. Evil came a knockin, and Lafayette turned it away.

I don't always agree with Jindal, but man he put that reporter (had to be a national guy) in his place. I absolutely loved his response. I mean really, yeah, everyone knows Chattanooga happened a week ago. But that is the last thing on anyone's mind HERE, IN LOUISIANA.

There will be a time to discuss the matter.

Now is not that time.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:06 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
I have been reading about the victims lives all day. I surprises me that not one of you have mentioned how young and beautiful Maycie Breaux was. What promise her young life held for her. Noone has mentiond what an amazing artist Jillian Johnson was. Or any of the non-profit groups she has started. Or her amazing band "The Figs". These women went to the ****ing movies guys. My daughters go to the movies....yalls do to. This story is NOT about packing heat. It should be about 2 lives that were cut short by a lunatic. I feel sad about our country. I feel sad that public shootings are not surprising anymore. What has happened to us as humans that these shootings are not an oddity? Also guys... I love me some S.C. I've made lifelong friends because of this site, but I'm very surprised that the conversation about the incident here on S.C. mirrors what I've seen on other social media. A focus on gun rights/control. Look...2 beautiful young women are dead. a wife, a mother, a daughter, a cousin, an aunt, a neighbor, a musician, a college student, a friend. That's the story ya'll. not Jindal or NRA, or cc laws.
This is exactly what I have been saying from the minute I read WolfMan's initial post! 99% of us on SC are pro guns. Why instantly make this thread a political **** storm right away? Just to make yourself look like a "hardass" on the internet.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:12 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
I thank God he walked back in an killed himself and didn't cost us a ton on death row.!!!!!

I will not reply to this again!! Feel free to pm me if you have any problems with my thoughts
I'm glad he killed himself too Judge Ruben would have probably sentenced him to just 13 months in prison like he gave the last MURDERER that he sentenced!
Old 07-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
This is exactly what I have been saying from the minute I read WolfMan's initial post! 99% of us on SC are pro guns. Why instantly make this thread a political **** storm right away? Just to make yourself look like a "hardass" on the internet.
At the moment I made my original post neither you or anybody else knew who the victims were. You act like I was bad mouthing the people or something. It was not a political sh it storm until you said I was extreme when all I did was point out a simple fact.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266
Default Shooting at the grand 16 happening now!!!

Quote:
Yeah the grand doesn't allow good people to carry guns. Not a shocker. Fish in a barrel.

This was the post, and it was a dumb one.

I doubt he chose that place because they had a gun free policy, and I doubt anyone there had a Cc permit and left their gun at home.

Theaters are easy targets whether gun policy allows or disallows them, it's dark and everyone is facing the same direction, people are packed in tightly, and they have limited egress...

People got you figured out - 5'3", talking big constantly, open carrying .45, probably walking around with your shoulders pulled back like you're constantly waiting for a duel.

Give it a rest for a bit
Old 07-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post

I doubt he chose that place because they had a gun free policy, and I doubt anyone there had a Cc permit and left their gun at home.

Theaters are easy targets whether gun policy allows or disallows them, it's dark and everyone is facing the same direction, people are packed in tightly, and they have limited egress...

People got you figured out - 5'3", talking big constantly, open carrying .45, probably walking around with your shoulders pulled back like you're constantly waiting for a duel.

Give it a rest for a bit
It's amazing how much you don't have figured out. I'm 5' 9" to start with.LOL
Old 07-25-2015, 10:16 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:

Give it a rest for a bit

Hahaha hit the nail on the head!
Old 07-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Sailfish

I'm sorry my viewpoint upset so many. It was not made to be derogatory in any way. The situation is horrible yes. Are the families of the victims hurting now? Yes. I was in no way trying to make light of the situation. At least I didn't think so. That being said it would be dishonest of me to pretend to have emotions for people I do not know.John
Old 07-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
This tragedy is not about duckman's pistol that he carries around, it's not about duckmans opinions on the effectiveness of gun laws, it's not about duckman's respect for pox, it's not about duckman. Just let it be not about duckman. That's all I'm saying. There are guys i know....s.c. Members that knew these women personally. Just let this tragedy sink in some. (It hasn't been 24 hours) before its about something other than the victims, and the grief that their mourners are feeling.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Quote:
I'm sorry my viewpoint upset so many. It was not made to be derogatory in any way. The situation is horrible yes. Are the families of the victims hurting now? Yes. I was in no way trying to make light of the situation. At least I didn't think so. That being said it would be dishonest of me to pretend to have emotions for people I do not know.John
If you have no emotion for people you do not know you should have not posted at all.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Sailfish

Quote:

Give it a rest for a bit
John Simmons. 753 Ian Johnson rd. Otis La. 71466. Cell is 318 308 6709. You wana come by for a visit? Feel free
Old 07-25-2015, 06:18 PM
Blue Marlin

L m a o !!!