SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486
Default Ah, cops. You never disappoint

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...150128011.html

Arresting a firefighter trying to aid in a traffic accident.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

California............ Enough said. No need to turn this into a cop bashing thread.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Happened a bunch all over the US. Missouri a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

i saw this on yahoo yesterday... bozo cop
Old 02-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
i saw this on yahoo yesterday... bozo cop

People are people and some are really dumb and some of those people happen to be cops.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:57 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

[QUOTE=Clampy;664212]People are people and some are really dumb and some of those people happen to be cops.

Can I get an "AMEN"! At some point, I want to see a Legislative Bill introduced for a one week module added to the academy for "Common Sense". I already know the last week is dedicated to "A$$hole" school!
Old 02-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Brpd arrested brfd a few years back
Old 02-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post

Can I get an "AMEN"! At some point, I want to see a Legislative Bill introduced for a one week module added to the academy for "Common Sense". I already know the last week is dedicated to "A$$hole" school!

You know what this was about was the cop wanted him to move the truck the FF ignored him the cops ego was hurt so he said I will show him. When ego gets in the way of common sense and logic that's where the problem is.

http://youtu.be/TvRXQsGKlVg

Old 02-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Typical cop ego. Maybe ole FF boy can catch that A hole cop in a 9 line bind one day and get some payback.
Yeah I was gona help but then I remembered that day you handcuffed me. Gota drive real slow when you get a structure fire call out for that cops house.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

cops...
Old 02-07-2014, 01:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Government abuses of power are more obvious when they are perpetrated on government employees fulfilling their duties.

The LEO here needs not just to be fired, he needs to be prosecuted for interfering with emergency services personnel in performance of their duties.

Failing to comply with illegal, unsafe, foolish, or unconstitutional directives is not a crime.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

ive had words with police before.... When a fire department gets called out to any fire, we own that scene until we turn it over to police. A vehicle accident is a different story, its the police dept's scene unless there is fire, airmed or extrication involved, then it turns into our scene and we turn it back over to them. Ive seen a scene change hands 3 or 4 times.... Its just our S.O.P.... I dont know who's right or who's wrong, im sure there is more to the story... Some of us FF's are mouthy....
Old 02-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

FFF, post that video of the pursuit of the armed suspect that you had up the other day. They aren't all bad, despite the thoughts of a few here. Many of them actually put their lives on the line to help even the dumbest of people because it's an oath they took!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

That's just crazy!! I taught police and firefighters were suppose to work together.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:50 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
ive had words with police before.... When a fire department gets called out to any fire, we own that scene until we turn it over to police. A vehicle accident is a different story, its the police dept's scene unless there is fire, airmed or extrication involved, then it turns into our scene and we turn it back over to them. Ive seen a scene change hands 3 or 4 times.... Its just our S.O.P.... I dont know who's right or who's wrong, im sure there is more to the story... Some of us FF's are mouthy....
When I have a disagreement with a colleague about who is in charge of a situation, my response is to calmly and politely elevate the discussion to the next level in the chain of command, either my boss or theirs. One would think that if there is a disagreement between an LEO and a FF that can't be resolved between them, the next step would be a quick consult with the superiors. Certainly this would have resolved the situation much more quickly and served the public much more effectively than arresting the FF. An LEO who abuses his authority with FFs is likely to abuse his authority with other citizens also. Unfaithful in little -> unfaithful in much.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

That's an issue many jurisdictions I see. In all actuality it not who is in charge of the scene but who is in charge of what? If you are pinned in a vehicle do you want the deputy with the screwdriver or the firefighter with the jaws? If you are injured do you want the Trooper with the band aid and rectal thermometer or the medic with the ALS bag?
Too often on scenes we have one particular agency having a pissin match on who's scene it is instead of just working together and each accomplishing their own job working towards the safe ending of the incident.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Flounder

Cash: 721

If I remember right thats spelled out in Louisiana law its called fireground authority . Been awhile since I looked it up but can do a search when I get to a real computer .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-09-2014, 12:00 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan pan chuck View Post
If I remember right thats spelled out in Louisiana law its called fireground authority . Been awhile since I looked it up but can do a search when I get to a real computer .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Please do. It would be enlightening.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Flounder

Cash: 721

§1971. Fire ground authority
A.(1) When a situation develops which requires the services of and is responded to by the members of a fire department subject to this Subpart as provided in R.S. 33:1961, of a volunteer fire department, or of any other fire department, then the ranking fire protection or fire prevention officer from that jurisdiction dispatched to the scene shall have the sole authority, command, and control of all fire safety personnel and of all persons within the boundaries as described in Subsection B of this Section. However, in the event that the situation is a forest fire, grass fire, or other wildland fire that would come within the jurisdiction of the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry, office of forestry, then the ranking forestry officer on the scene shall establish a unified command of equal authority with the ranking fire department officer on the scene to abate the incident. This authority, command, and control shall not in any manner restrict the authority of law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties at any scene. This authority, command, and control shall be known as the fire ground authority.
(2) For purposes of this Section, "that jurisdiction" shall mean the fire department jurisdiction in which the situation requiring services is located.
B. The boundaries of such fire ground authority, command, and control shall extend to the perimeters of the zone of danger, which zone shall be determined by the ranking fire protection or fire prevention officer and the chief law enforcement officer at the scene from that jurisdiction.
C. Defiance or violation of this authority, command, and control shall constitute fire fighting interference and shall be punishable in conformance with R.S. 14:206.
Added by Acts 1979, No. 770, §1; Acts 2001, No. 1108, §1.
Well law enforcement is exempted
Old 02-09-2014, 12:59 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan pan chuck View Post
§1971. Fire ground authority
A.(1) When a situation develops which requires the services of and is responded to by the members of a fire department subject to this Subpart as provided in R.S. 33:1961, of a volunteer fire department, or of any other fire department, then the ranking fire protection or fire prevention officer from that jurisdiction dispatched to the scene shall have the sole authority, command, and control of all fire safety personnel and of all persons within the boundaries as described in Subsection B of this Section. However, in the event that the situation is a forest fire, grass fire, or other wildland fire that would come within the jurisdiction of the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry, office of forestry, then the ranking forestry officer on the scene shall establish a unified command of equal authority with the ranking fire department officer on the scene to abate the incident. This authority, command, and control shall not in any manner restrict the authority of law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties at any scene. This authority, command, and control shall be known as the fire ground authority.
(2) For purposes of this Section, "that jurisdiction" shall mean the fire department jurisdiction in which the situation requiring services is located.
B. The boundaries of such fire ground authority, command, and control shall extend to the perimeters of the zone of danger, which zone shall be determined by the ranking fire protection or fire prevention officer and the chief law enforcement officer at the scene from that jurisdiction.
C. Defiance or violation of this authority, command, and control shall constitute fire fighting interference and shall be punishable in conformance with R.S. 14:206.
Added by Acts 1979, No. 770, §1; Acts 2001, No. 1108, §1.
Well law enforcement is exempted
The key words are "acting within the scope of their duties." Without probable cause for an arrest, an LEO is outside the scope of his duties to arrest a FF and thus subject to prosecution for interference.