SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 754
Default Anyone know anything about Bad Boy lawnmowers?

Thinking seriously about getting me a new Bad Boy mower. I'm cutting 3 yards totaling about 3.5 acres. I'm looking at their commercial grade mowers. They are quiet expensive and they look like they are very durable & looks like they are pretty easy to work on.
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them or has personal experience with them?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394846099.900135.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

My brother has one. It is 10x's better than my Gravely for damn sure. Rides a bit rough, but his yard is bumpy as Hell. He cuts about a 4 acre yard with it. Matter of fact he lives in Indian Bayou on Casper Rd.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 899

What sizes are you comapring? What makes it better than the Gravely?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,514

The only real problem will be getting it serviced if you are buying from a big box store. For the most part, the dealers selling commercial mowers in the Lake Charles area only repair what they sell. for that kind of price I would only buy it from a servicing dealer.

Matt G, I have a commercial Gravely that is 9 years old and has never been in the shop. Just keep the engine oil and air filter cleaned/changed. What kind of issues have you had with yours?
Old 03-14-2014, 09:04 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

i have the badboy outlaw 54'' cut with a 31hp kawasaki and it a frickin beast to say the least. i cut a little over 2 1/2 acres and it takes me right at an hour. i looked at gravely also before i bought the badboy and they are very good also but the deck on the bad boys are a little more solid and were just more comfortable in my opinion. you really can't go wrong with either one.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,044

My neighbor had a gravely and just recently bought a bad boy and he claims the blades dot turn as fast. I personally have a 42in deer and paid what he paid for a 54 and I say it's worth it.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:47 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

They are some beast. I have a buddy that is a dealer in Abbeville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm
Old 03-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Don't get me wrong.... I love my Gravely almost as much as my left big toe. I have a ZT60HD and it cuts a little over 2 acres every week and before by brother got his Bad Boy, it cut his yard too. The only issue I've had with it was the starter. It was under warranty and I haven't had any problems since. Turn the key and she's ready to roll. Before that I had a commercial Gravely with the front deck and I think that thing was older than me, and we still have it as a just in case mower. My brother has the Outlaw (I think) with the 61" cut and I just find the law mower itself to be much more comfortable. Also the cup holder is in a better spot. Sounds stupid, but it bugs me where mine is. I find the cuts to be comparable. Both of them are level and give a nice finish.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Trophy Trout

[QUOTE=PaulMyers;672143]The only real problem will be getting it serviced if you are buying from a big box store. For the most part, the dealers selling commercial mowers in the Lake Charles area only repair what they sell. for that kind of price I would only buy it from a servicing dealer.

Thx Paul! I completely agree with you bud! The one in the pic is at Tractor Supply & I really had no intentions on purchasing from them for that same reason. I only wanted to compare cost & extended warranty cost. Those places do not stock the high end commercial grade mowers. I will not mind spending a little more money on a mower that will last a long time & is easy to work on.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
They are some beast. I have a buddy that is a dealer in Abbeville.

Yes sir MarshRat! Christian is on the top of my list! The guys at Abbeville Lawnmower are OUTSTANDING!!!
Christian started servicing my Snapper Yard Cruiser a few years ago & I didn't even buy it from them. He actually has fixed things on my Snapper that was away from the factory design & I have never had a problem with it again.
That kind of service my friend is as honest as the day is long. He deserves my business!!!

Old 03-14-2014, 11:20 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD View Post
Yes sir MarshRat! Christian is on the top of my list! The guys at Abbeville Lawnmower are OUTSTANDING!!!
Christian started servicing my Snapper Yard Cruiser a few years ago & I didn't even buy it from them. He actually has fixed things on my Snapper that was away from the factory design & I have never had a problem with it again.
That kind of service my friend is as honest as the day is long. He deserves my business!!!

Yep awesome guys there. Their rep from bad boy Kirk is a great guy also. Can't go wrong with them.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,514

What ever you buy, get one with a welded steel deck. Those stamped decks are trash.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 720
Default Ztr

That's a great price compared to a comparable Kubota. Have a 27hp 60" cut, paid over 8K for 4 yrs ago. That same mower is 10,500 now.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,541

I love my 50 in Badboy! If you get one ask about the seat upgrade! It is well worth the extra 250 bucks I paid for the seat! When I checked out I paid $5300! They also had 0% interest for so many years! I also had it narrowed down to Badboy, Gravely and Exmark.

Last edited by PEACEKEEPER; 03-15-2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-15-2014, 10:38 AM
King Mackeral

Abbeville Snapper is having an open house today if anybody wants to go check them out.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:39 AM
Trophy Trout

DAM I missed it! Were the running any specials on their BBs?
I hope sum1 from SC was able to cash in on it if so!

Old 03-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

As mentioned before, pass an eye on the Kubota ZTR... I use to run a 42' gas and 60" diesel for business and they held up great plus made a awesome cut... Kubota also offers 0% on their machines
Old 03-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Redfish

Cash: 830

been running a 27 hp kubota diesel zero turn since 07 , havent spent a dime on it other than oil and filters. Cut 4 acres with it , best mower I have ever owned.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 899

The problem with these comparisons are they look like apples to oranges. For example a 27 hp 60" from a big box is not the same mower as the same brand at a dealer. Even at a dealer there may be four or so models with the same specs, but different qualities.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,142
Default bad boy

The gun club has a Commercial 60" cut bad boy and have had it about 5 years and cut with different kids driving it and has held up good. Only thing they talked about was it breaking belts when they hit something. I have a Ferris 44" w/24 B&S. Great ride and cuts pretty good. Have a 260Z w/22 Subaru Robin that I am giving the Church and it has the suspension seat but don't ride like the Ferris and the ferris cuts a little better. But in wet and muddy conditions the ferris will get stuck. That is the only complaint of the ferris line. A little shop in Iowa, La carries the Ferris line and a nice guy to deal with. One upgrade is to get the suspension seat on the Gravely. I bought the Ferris thinking it would outlast me but with 21 hours on the meter we had IKE and it went under water so I hope now for 15 years out of it.