SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,959
Default Central air units

Our central air unit went out this afternoon. Repairman came out and said it's shot. We'll have to replace outside and inside units. Any recommendations on best units?
Old 09-22-2013, 09:55 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Depends what your price range is. American standard is the way to go if you want a high end with a good warranty. Goodman is gonna carry the best warranty on a lower end unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-23-2013, 04:03 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

I like Lennox , get a 16 seer
Old 09-23-2013, 09:55 AM
King Mackeral

Lennox does make a good unit also. Biggest thing you want consider is what warranty your getting for the price. Lennox is right in the same price range as Trane and American standard.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 849

I have a Goodman, I would not recommend it. It's only 2 years old, very noisy and we have already had to have someone come out twice and do warranty work on it.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

Barry's AC...just replaced my AC and furnace in older home. He installed it back in the day! Great service and quality/friendly folks!
Old 09-23-2013, 02:35 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcajun View Post
I have a Goodman, I would not recommend it. It's only 2 years old, very noisy and we have already had to have someone come out twice and do warranty work on it.
Sorry you had issues. If that's the price range you have to stick to though I wouldn't recommend anything else. Fridgedaire and luxaire are junk and that's your only other two options in that price range. As far as noise goes a lot of that can be prevented with properly designed duct work. I have installed a lot of goodmans but for any customer than can afford it. I reccomend American standard and Trane. Lennox is just as good I'm just not an authorized dealer.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

I have Lennox 16 seer 2 stage units at my home with the PCO air cleaners on all the units. Every house I build I put Lennox 16-25 seer systems and my customers and myself could not be happier . Only thing I don't like is when we did my house there was no wifi thermostat for a 2 stage zoned system other than the nest that would work with my units. I know they were supposed to come out with a stat that did so but not sure if its out yet .
Old 09-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 553

We just had Dave Broussard AC come install a Trane 18Xi and a multispeed air handler and we could not be any more happy with the equipment or the installation. Yeah, we did pay a pretty penny for our system, but it is worth every penny! You pretty much have to be next to the outside unit to hear it run.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:19 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynm View Post
We just had Dave Broussard AC come install a Trane 18Xi and a multispeed air handler and we could not be any more happy with the equipment or the installation. Yeah, we did pay a pretty penny for our system, but it is worth every penny! You pretty much have to be next to the outside unit to hear it run.
This is a good recommendation for the Scott area. He's out of Broussard. If you decide to go Lennox I would recommend Landry's AC& Heating.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,959

Thanks for the recommendations!! Good suggestions here. Fell off the attic stairs while getting it ready to take old unit out. Went to emergency room. No broken bones but not sure if it's a torn ACL. Will not support any weight. MRI tomorrow to see. Sitting in front of a fan now.