SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,654
Hairout An Update/Set back on Cormie's

Tabitha Cormie sent me this today on FaceBook just thought some of yall would like to know whats going on with Cormie's

I know some of you know what's going on but A LOT of you do not and Everyone always ask me how's things going with the rebuild, so I'm sending this to everyone!! Well it is going on five months since the store burn't. It has been an emotional roller coaster. We've lost our business, our lively hood and REALLY GREAT em...ployees. We feel like we've suffered a death in our family. We've been through every emotion there is to go through; sad, mad, lost, questioned why and have been in disbelief of everything that has happened. Alot has happened to us in these past months. We've been lied to by Mural Cormie (Chris's father), his brother & sister are two faced, lied to by bankers, insurance agents & insurance companies. Taken advantage of and recently recieved threats of legal actions from Mural. We just want to get the story straight! Our business burns down June 24th, that we leased from Mural ever since December 11, 2008 do to inheritence taxes in the future. Rumors start every where, Chris loses 30-35 pounds because of idiot people talking crap that they know nothing about! Two-three weeks after the fire we had an arcitect working on the new design. Mural, Chris & I all where on the same page. Chris & I gave the arcitect our ideas and he drew them up. (The new store design was our idea!) We were all working together until out of no where's Mural tell's us he's selling the property next door to a Dollar General. We were devasted because we knew that we had alot of the same items as Dollar General and could not believe what he was doing to us. Instead of him trying to help out his only son get back to business he's more worried about making himself more money! GO FIGURE! Then after we were told about the Dollar General thing he came to us numerous times and told us he may just sell the land or he may not even rebuild. This went on for a few months. We were so sick because of all the uncertainty from him and we couldn't do anything because he owns the building & land. We leased the building, own the Corporation, Equipment & Inventory. Then he gave Chris an ultimatum and told us that he would go back in the business and Chris could just work for him. It's all about money & him being in controll. Chris told him that wasn't an option so he moves forward without us, takes advantage of our situation and puts up Kat's Kitchen. Since August Chris & I haven't spoken to are even care to speak to Mural. We are done with that man! This is now August, it's been 2 1/2 months since fire, he never asked if our kids (His only grandkids) need anything, NOTHING!. He knew we were still fighting the insurance and had not gotten any insurance money. Then on top of ALL his crap; we had & still have numerous vendors, bill collectors calling all the time and at 3 1/2 months, (October) we still hadn't gotten paid from the insurance. We've had attorney letters, threats, etc. We lost our Health Insurance back in September and our two sons; Ashton has allergy induced asthma and it's the worst during the fall and winter months and Mason our other son has a medical condition that needs medicine to control it but that's ok because my kids are old enough to see who is really their grandparents. Kids are not stupid they sense when things are wrong and they know who cares about them. It's been very difficult just to live, we got cut off of unemployment back in July. We've had to sell A LOT of personal items just to pay our personal bills. We finally got our insurance money back in October and we got screwed again and only got a quarter of what we should have on our business interruption. So we are having to seek legal action and no telling how long that will take. So we are SCREWED AGAIN!!!!!! We don't have enough money to pay off our vendors or any other debt and we sure don't have any money to start another business else where! I keep asking why, why does bad things always happen to good people! I have and always have helped any person out when they were in a financial bind or needed anything. Natalie, Shaun & Kristen are the ONLY Cormie's that have asked us how we are or if we need anything! Not one other Cormie has EVER asked us if the kids are okay or if we need anything for our kids. Nothing!!!! I could go on & on but we mainly wanted all our Loyal customers, Family, Krrewe Family & Friends to know the truth about what is going on with us. We know alot of people are asking where we are and we have no idea what is being told. We (Chris & Tabitha Cormie) want to say thank you to all the one's that have said prayers & have given us lots of support! We really appreciate it! We've learned alot in these past months & hopefully one day we will be back in business else where BIGGER & BETTER then ever! God Bless & please keep us in your prayers!

Chris and Tabitha Cormie
Old 11-07-2011, 08:16 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,104

Flippin' trainwreck there

I was always told never to go into business with family ...
Old 11-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

If ya can't put "it" to your friends and family, who can you put "it" to?! Dealing in family business is tough if not impossible. I sure hate to hear what these two are having to deal with.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,654

Yeh it sucks man hopefully every thing plays out for them
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

THIS ^^^ Is why you NEVER.....NEVER......NEVER involve family and business together..... a Dollar is more mighty than blood!! Always has and always will....

Best advice I was ever given was from an old man at a young age......He was a Farmer and said....Dont ever work for your daddy, never hire your brother, and never put money in a family business unless your own 51%

Land Owners are always right ....

and In a way I feel for this family but they should of had a better back up plan installed legally!!! You cant trust a hand shake anymore!
I have a good friend who owns lots of land...He will not let any of his family or close friends farm for him....For this reason alone!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:59 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

I will not shop there if Chris is not the operator of the new store. anyone else?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

I saw that on facebook,she sent me a message. That really sucks!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

That blows.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

My dad is a retired business owner. We didn't get along too well when I worked for him. He was harder on me than anyone else who worked for him.
Ever since the day I quit working for him, no one gets along with their dad as well as I do. It was the best move I ever made.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,242

Dollar General? You kiddin me?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

I always heard NEVER go into business with family.
You have to admire the Stine family, I'm sure they have had problems but they seem to work it out. Prayers for Chris, Tabitha and Mural too.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Flounder

Cash: 767

That's sad !! I have been shopping at Cormies for years didn't think the people was like that. Guess I might have to find some other place to buy boat gas and supplies when going fishing.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,137

Mural always was an a hole, doesn't suprise me that he would treat his kids like that, all Mural cares about is the almighty dollar and screw every body else.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Banned

I do feel for these people as any small thriving LA business is a good thing. However, that jumbled up glass is half empty vent session can't possibly be good advertisement. I'm not sure what point she's trying to get across?

Where and what is kat's kitchen?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
I do feel for these people as any small thriving LA business is a good thing. However, that jumbled up glass is half empty vent session can't possibly be good advertisement. I'm not sure what point she's trying to get across?

I had the same thoughts on why she would spread all their personal information like that. Could have just said we are delayed due to legal issues and insurance. I think kat's kitchen is the roach coach in the cormies parking lot.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

I could be wrong but from what I read the father in law is building and running the business without them. There is always two sides to each story,hope it works out.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post

x2 Bruce
We all have our family issues and most of us keep them private which is what the Cormies should do. Sheephead never change their strips so why would anyone that knows this expect it to be any different when the chips are down?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoileau View Post
I had to chime in on this one. Who built the business? Who ran the store for years? There is always another side to the story!!
I def agree. I would also love to start a buisness and be able to turn it over to my son. I guess I work for my kids and not myself. Maybe Chris was not running the buisness like pops wanted but I don't personally think so. This is just pure greed in my book. I just went through a situation with some family members so maybe I'm bias.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,201

At the end of the day the dad kept the assets, so he is in the position to call the shots... For right or wrong. Airing out the dirty laundry will only widen the divide and won't help the daughter in law and son in the long run. It's sad story either way
Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,310

Horrible situation anyway you look at it. Business or not I don't think I would let anything get in the way of my family.