SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > Offroad Forum (4x4 & ATV)

Offroad Forum (4x4 & ATV) Discuss anything to do with offroad sports here, including ATVs, mudding in your truck, etc.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534
Default RC cars ??

Anyone have one of these ??

I had one growing up as a kid, that thing went 62mph... was only 2' long... ran on alcohol (not the kind you drink).

This is an expensive/addicting hobby.

Mine went kaboom when I nailed the tire of my dads pickup truck wide open !
Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

My neighbor across the street has one that is battery powered with a stock battery, it does 34...... if he does an upgrade on the battery it will do 68-72. I tried it out a few times but that thing is harder to control than a 17 year old on prom night. One little cut either way and you flipping on the side. Maybe he doesn't have something set right on it IDK. It does have lots of power..... if you peg it out at half throttle you will pick the front tires up off the ground. With that said I would not mind having one.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Great White

yeah, mine had adjustment on the control.... i could adjust top end or acceleration... turn that baby to acceleration... it was wheelies for days !!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 680

This is mine. Its electric and does about 40. Upgrades will get it around 60, but I like it the way it is. Battery gives you about 12 min run time. I have 2 extra batteries. The heat sinks on the motor are HOT after each use and needs about 15 min to cool down after the 2nd battery. It is 4 wheel drive and will do donuts on the gravel driveway. It won't do wheelies due to the 4 wheel drive. Double shocks all the way around. I am 50 years young and try to act it every day but some times it's hard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raidentech168_2002_5321147.jpg (96.4 KB, 106 views)
Old 01-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Great White

my next one will be battery powered.... mine ran on ethoyl alcohol.... it was $25/gallon.... i would go through a gallon in about 3 days easy !!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Tripletail

I use to do the airplanes, I think they were 10 % maybe 15, but yea, It cost in fuel. My big problem was finding a place to fly em. You need about 25 cleared acres or more. Finally sold out or traded for different things. I still have an electric flyer but haven't done anything with it in a couple of years now. The car is better, I can go out in the yard with it and I even run it up and down the road in front of my house. The neighbors kids get a kick out of it. They live about 75 yards away and they see this thing zip in their yard turning around and come back towards my house.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:21 PM

Cash: 376

Just a few years ago I got out of the rc hobby ! I have better things to do with my money (fishin) than spend it on another broken part! I had a traxxs t-max gas powered 4x4, sunk about 2 grand into it top speed @ 50 ! I also had a ofna all wheel drive buggy that did 60+out the box it was gas powered to!That thing hauls a$$! Not long after that I got out the rc stuff and bought a boat! I would like to get another one but with out all the extra high power acc.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Tripletail

I agree it can get costly, that's why I am staying stock with this one. I can still jump, spin and scare the dog with it. But you are right, you can spend what ever amount you will let someone talk you into. A friend of mine has a traxxs I think it is a Ranger??? It's electric 2 wheel drive. His is actually faster than mine. But I can take him at the line and sharp turns. His front wheels come up for a second at take off and he spins out on sharp turns. The 4x4 will lean into a turn and on take off the front wheels keep the nose down. His is factory aswell.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:52 PM

Cash: 376

if i were going to spend that kinda money again i would get one of those lil race boats !
Old 01-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Sold out of em a few years ago. My last bad boy was a Muegen Seiki MBX-4RR. I had well over two grand in it! I broke in and set up at 63 mph. That was clocked by a police cruiser. I had traction control and anti-lock brakes set up on my controller. I ran mine on 30% nitro-methane. It's the stuff they use in top fuel dragsters. The money you can spend on em is ridiculous!

When I finished building the one I am talking about(one of the four I had!), I was in VA working a shutdown. A surefire way to get kicked out of a hotel is to run one of those pissed off things down the hallways of your hotel! I saw it happen! LOL
Old 01-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 924

I got a Traxis Stampede that runs on Nitro Methane put up in the closet somewhere. Guess I need to dig it out.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Sold out of em a few years ago. My last bad boy was a Muegen Seiki MBX-4RR. I had well over two grand in it! I broke in and set up at 63 mph. That was clocked by a police cruiser. I had traction control and anti-lock brakes set up on my controller. I ran mine on 30% nitro-methane. It's the stuff they use in top fuel dragsters. The money you can spend on em is ridiculous!

When I finished building the one I am talking about(one of the four I had!), I was in VA working a shutdown. A surefire way to get kicked out of a hotel is to run one of those pissed off things down the hallways of your hotel! I saw it happen! LOL

got youtube video ?? its the best doing it at 4:00 am...