SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Default Violation Reported to LWLF

Yesterday while fishing on the MS River, we came across an approx 100' gillnet that was full of dead fish and 2 living. We cut the two living out and released them. You should have seen the size of these blues that were dead and rotting in there!

Well, the more I thought about it, the madder that I got!!!! Agents travel the top of the levee all the time as well as the Levee board and you can't miss 40 bouys in a line!! I decided to call it in. I talked to a lady that seemed to care less. She took my number and said that she would have an agent call me...As of right now, I have still yet to hear back from an agent on this!!!

I guess they don't care or are too busy sitting at landings writing easy tickets rather than helping remove something that damages one of the things they are sworn to protect!!! The net is still there because I couldn't get it out alone and didn't want to take the chance of confrontation if the owner arrived. I will say though that due to things I can't describe, the net is far less efficient than it was before I found it.

If the owner is reading this, your net's in pretty bad shape. I'd say I feel bad bout it but I don't. The least thing they could have done is stay on top of it and not let the fish go to waste!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

You are right about easy tickets. I have called Operation Game Thief, only one call back. The agent wanted a GPS location to an area that was being baited for ducks. I told him the general area and his response was that is a big area and without a GPS location he could not do anything. The reason I even new about it was the guy hunting the baited area was bragging about putting tons of corn in the pond which was out in the marsh near Vermilion Bay.

Another thing that is screwed up is unlike game animals, if a limit of fish is caught and put in the ice chest and later you catch one that is a little bigger than the smallest one it is ok to throw the smallest one back to the water even though it is dead. I have an agent that lives by me and told him of a boat that was fishing near me and they did just what I described, his response was "there is no law against it".

Warren
Old 05-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

Southern, you might want to call Col. Winton Vidrine himself. He is the Chief of Enforcement and he follows up on those complaints made directly to him. We all know what happens when a dispatcher answers the phone and just passes out the info.
He might still be out on that accident that killed those 5 people but he checks in with office.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:24 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

I would have chopped the net up..
Old 05-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Blue Marlin

Default uhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDaddy View Post
I would have chopped the net up..

There won't be too many gettin hung up now...Not saying that I did what you suggest but...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:46 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

There won't be too many gettin hung up now...Not saying that I did what you suggest but...

I catch ya drift... good job
Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I came across this Hoop net one day while at Sherburne WMA.

I was not sure if it was legal????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hoop net Sherburne.jpg (34.5 KB, 93 views)
Old 05-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

I wish I could post a picture of the net that I came across awhile back but it would get me banned
Old 05-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I came across this Hoop net one day while at Sherburne WMA.

I was not sure if it was legal????
I don't think that it's legal to use a hoop net on a wma. I know that you're not supposed to leave anything down overnight but it happens frequently.