SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902
Hairout $12 bucks a box of shells!

went to get some shells for duck season, 20 ga. 2 3/4 in. number 4 steel shot per box-$12.00

Bought a box of lead shot- $5.00.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Redfish

Cash: 699

Exxxxxxxxpensive gumdo, better make every shot count fool.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:14 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

just use lead..hahanah dont do that...

but u could just use a 12 gauge...that would cheapen it up for ya by 2 or 3 dollars...also buy a case at a time and save about 20 bucks...
Old 09-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Banned

ammo demand should drop a little bit...

dont know when or if prices will actually drop, doubt it
Old 09-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
just use lead..hahanah dont do that...

but u could just use a 12 gauge...that would cheapen it up for ya by 2 or 3 dollars...also buy a case at a time and save about 20 bucks...

we have a winner!! lmao
Old 09-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525

fool--you plannin on shooting some teal birds? I went to the field yesterday and they are thick!! you need to stop complaining bout the ammo--they just passed a bill that will push the cost of the federal duck stamp from 15 bucks to 25 next year. Good ol' Obama and the newly created people's republic of Pelosi just taking care of us hunters!!! Oh yeah, I got a 28 guage to shoot teal with and all I can find is Bismuth shot-----averages out to about $1.25 a shot---gonna let the bunch lite---then skillet shoot em where they sit!!! Not many pellets in the breasts when its under water!!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:25 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,831

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsorc View Post
fool--you plannin on shooting some teal birds? I went to the field yesterday and they are thick!! you need to stop complaining bout the ammo--they just passed a bill that will push the cost of the federal duck stamp from 15 bucks to 25 next year. Good ol' Obama and the newly created people's republic of Pelosi just taking care of us hunters!!! Oh yeah, I got a 28 guage to shoot teal with and all I can find is Bismuth shot-----averages out to about $1.25 a shot---gonna let the bunch lite---then skillet shoot em where they sit!!! Not many pellets in the breasts when its under water!!
DU: Raise federal duck stamp to $25

While testifying before the House National Resources Committee, Ducks Unlimited chief biologist Dale Humberg spoke in favor of the House proposal to increase the cost of a federal duck stamp from $15 to $25 to help keep pace with inflation and to fund vital conservation efforts.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

NOT a big fan of DU...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsorc View Post

Seen 2 mallards on the river this morning few teal by the saltwater barrier...ima try my luck around there
Old 09-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

fool dont worry bout the costa shells, when we get tagether ill hook ya up. if we dont go,,, get a job, or better yet, ya can clean grannys yard again lmao!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

18.99 box of 3" 3 shot...ughhhhhh
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Seen 2 mallards on the river this morning few teal by the saltwater barrier...ima try my luck around there

Hopefully i can figure out whats up with my boat before this weekend
Old 09-08-2009, 07:40 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Fool - I hear your pain my little friend. I am 41 y/o and have 2 sons and 2 step sons. So when I go hunting, I am currently funding the ammo for 4 guns, and will probably be 5 this year since the little one will probably start shooting the .410 auto.

I don't have a problem at all with providing what they need to enjoy the outdoors with me since that is the way I was raised also. But I do have a problem w/ paying so much for ammo in 20ga and 410 ga. It is absolutley ridiculous and I wish the ammo companies could explain why the smaller gauges cost more. I just moved my 11 y/o step son up to a Remington auto in 12ga, so I would not have two of them shooting a .20 at the same time. He can handle it, but he should be shooting a .20 for another year.

We leave on the 18th for a Tx dove hunt and I have about $400 in shells coming with us. So, you got my blood pressure up for sure!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Hopefully i can figure out whats up with my boat before this weekend

fool are you quoting yourself?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

The stupid part is the law outlawing lead?
Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
DU: Raise federal duck stamp to $25

While testifying before the House National Resources Committee, Ducks Unlimited chief biologist Dale Humberg spoke in favor of the House proposal to increase the cost of a federal duck stamp from $15 to $25 to help keep pace with inflation and to fund vital conservation efforts.
Of course DU supports raising duck stamp prices. The money goes straight to them. Another reason I don't give em nothin.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,491

This thread is 3 years old and now locked
Closed Thread