SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 01-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,045
Default Allstar Rod

Need some help with this...got to Academy the other day here in Lafayette (both of them) wanted to pick up another rod. It"s the
Allstar Coastal series called the "Shrimp Tail Special" I've called everywhere and can't find even 1. Do any of you fine folks know
where I can find one?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,607

The best thing I can tell you is to try the internet...I have 3 of the ALLStar Redfish rods and I love them but I havent seen that series in Academy for at least a year.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Flounder

Cash: 693

I had a ALLStar Redfish i bought from Bass Pro and when i went to buy another they said they stopped carrying them over a year ago and I have looked online and haven't found any. If someone finds them let me know.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

I still have 2 of these rods I purchased 6 years ago. Good rods but there are better out there today. I believe All Star quit making these a few years ago. Made from the IM6 blank with the light tip. Castaway I think still makes a similar rod from that blank.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,461

Agree, I have 8 of them. Great rod for $25. That with the $25 H20 is hard to beat. They quit making that series rod though. Academy in Lakes Charles had them on clearance months back but they are gone now.
Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

yea same here i have two of those rods and a friend of mine texted me up last summer saying they got them on clearance so i went to acadmey during lunch break and boom they were sold out so i kept a look out every other weekends for a few months, never seen them again so i figured they stopped making them or selling them. so gonna be hard to find those rods again but there are some other good rods that has good quaitly as those rods too. just gotta try them out if it cost too much dont go for it wait for it to drop or just use it for the weekend and if u dont like it return it and try out another type of rods. i got a few different brand rods and they all suit me well..
Old 01-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

The shrimp tail is a good multi use rod
Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,045

Thanks guys. I've been all thru the internet with negative results. I did go to the academy yesterday and picked up an Allstar ASR series rod called the "Live Bait" 7'
I compared the rod to the old shrimptail and it looks identical. It's got a split handle but it's shorter than most. I also bought an H2O Mettal that I've been reading about here on SC. Can't wait to get back out on the water.
Thanks again yall!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 663

I think Academy bought the exclusive rights To All Star. They have slightly changed the look and the features.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 620

For years All Star rods were made in Houston Texas. I was on their pro staff and they did make a great rod. Shakespeare bought them a few years back and move the company over to the east coast where they are located. Both rods and warranty changed at that time. Both Castaway and Kister Rods were started from folks that at one time owned an interest or worked in All Star Rods. American Rodsmith as well.