SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354
Default water access

http://www.restoreourwateraccess.com/join.php

Supposedly this organization is going to make a comeback. I know not of them , as of now not for or against ,,,,just wondering what others think.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

I don't know anything about them but I just sent them a lengthy email specifically about black lake and ****** head Kurt marcantel. If they want my support, they will take on that azzhole specifically.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

glad to see things liked this but they been around since 2005 and I never heard of them so they don't do a good job of advertising

I have concerns since LWF and la sportsman are organization members and they have both clearly worked hard to work against and NOT to support any attempts to defend public access rights issues in the past.

I tried to get some bumper stickers to hand out but it doesn't look like they have a storefront set up
Old 07-19-2014, 04:09 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
I don't know anything about them but I just sent them a lengthy email specifically about black lake and ****** head Kurt marcantel. If they want my support, they will take on that azzhole specifically.

What happened between you and Marcental??
Old 07-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Red Snapper

Every time I try to fish my spot they run me off lol

Old 07-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

He claim's he own's1/4 mile from the break out into Black lake.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:12 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will"E"Fish View Post
He claim's he own's1/4 mile from the break out into Black lake.
That should be an easy problem to solve if you can get your hands on the landowner information for that area. I've called the Cameron Parish Tax Assessors office and requested it before, and they've emailed it to me.

If you get that and it shows different than what he says, he can't legally do anything to you because it's not his land.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:16 AM
Red Snapper

I don't see how he can do u anything. Its 3' of water, not land. Just like people that's lost land at holly beach. Its just gone.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:32 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I don't see how he can do u anything. Its 3' of water, not land. Just like people that's lost land at holly beach. Its just gone.

Doesn't matter. They would still own the water bottom if I'm not mistaken.

If a lake or pond is on private land, it is open water. Does that mean the landowner doesn't own it?

There is no law that says 3' of water is public land. The law is navigable waters. I know for a fact that a lot of Marcantels land could classify as "navigable waters" (I've worked back there), but I'm not going to take that to a court, because he owns that land.

Now beyond that levee, I don't know. I don't know where the property line ends. Who built that levee? I'm almost certain that is on Marcantel's land.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:40 AM
King Mackeral

OK, so the law states that land reverts to state ownership if it is navigable. This is based on factors such as depth, width, location, suitability for commerce, etc.

So again, if anyone really has an issue with what Marcantel is doing, take it to a court. If parish records show he owns the land, he owns the land. Period. Unless the state takes control of it, there's nothing anyone can do.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:42 AM
Red Snapper

I'm saying black lake side of the levee. You can plainly see where the old levee used to be but he claims he owns well out into the lake.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:47 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I'm saying black lake side of the levee. You can plainly see where the old levee used to be but he claims he owns well out into the lake.

Well, parish records would presumably solve that. And if that doesn't work, take him to court on it. If he is claiming a navigable water and deterring people from using it, he's breaking the law.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

http://www.restoreourwateraccess.com/section.php?id=20

From what I see this organization has not done anything since 2008. I saw where they were going to try to get support and get the public waterways redefined so to get public access. There is a lot of CCA bashing because they don't fight for this. A lot of posters say they won't join CCA because of this . Well this may be your opportunity to back an organization that will take on the cause.

As far as land eroding and waterway becoming public , I would say every coastal lake and bay has eroded and you are denied access to bayous and such then the law would be on the side of the landowners of the lakes and bays also and there is very little shoreline left to fish legally . In my "opinion" if the landowner does nothing to keep his land from eroding away as long as he continues paying taxes on the water bottom he should retain mineral rites . The water , waterway is now public. So if you can now enter an open bay or pond in the marsh to fish because the water is public you should be able to go in and hunt ducks over the same open public water where the public duck flys in the public air............
Old 07-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 834

Just fish there. Let him call the law and prove you are guilty of trespassing. Not you prove your innocent of not trespassing.