SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-15-2014, 03:39 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091
Cheers Help Really ole man looking

I live in Little rock , Locomotive engineer , 37 yrs and have been coming to La to fish since the 80's. Ive fished Vinece , Grand isle and now Delicroix. Im not by any means rich, have always hired guides. Well , im ready to retire and move that way. I/we like the party type , beer drinking and cooking type folks . Venice is great , prolly my fav. but grand isle is a close 2nd. that said im looking for a small place to try and fit in . one bad problem, I love crappie and bass fishin too .............also like timber and trees . neither of the ones I mentioned.(vinece or g.i. have that) anybody here recommend somewhere more easterly ? slidell to bilouxi that we could find folks with our same mindset ? just a good middle aged (ok old) bunch of folks that just want to party , fish and enjoy our last days doing what we love ? sometime fresh water but never from the salt ? im buying (thanks 401k) a 22-24 foot bay boat somewhere we can fish both ? maybe a fishing community ? Hell I may spend more on the boat than the house? .im 56 and shes 52 but ready to make the move. not looking to 'crash' anyones party , any help or ideas would be great ...........thanks for reading .....TJ
Old 06-15-2014, 04:59 AM
Flounder

Cash: 582

Bay St Louis. Awesome town.

Fresh water fishing in the Jordan River, Salt water in the Bay, on the Beaches, and offshore.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:45 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

if you move near des allemands you have best of both, your right in the middle of fresh water fishing (lake des allemans) and your only 40 minutes drive to any location from grand isle to dulac.

then again you can move to houma or raceland areas and be half way between both so its whatever you feel like fishing for, you go one way or the other.

keep in mind about hurricanes so stay inland somewhere as the coastal areas are vanishing fast and get hardest hit by the damage of hurricanes not to mention the cost of insurance down there.

I didn't follow my own advice and bought a house in golden meadow so im a lot closer to storms then I want to be, but im also 5 minutes from my favorite boat launch.

I mainly do just saltwater fishing only so its my fishing heaven location even with the added risk from storms.

hope this helps
Old 06-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I second houma / raceland area, Big enough to have everything you need . not right on the coast . above the levee system but close enough to both fresh an salt water fishing
Old 06-15-2014, 02:11 PM
Flounder

Cash: 617
BigGrin Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamprat587 View Post

Fresh water fishing in the Jordan River, Salt water in the Bay, on the Beaches, and offshore.
We have a place in Pass Christian which is just across the Bay from Bay St. Louis. Great area with plenty to do but much more quiet than Biloxi/Gulfport. Your a very short run to the marsh (LA waters) which is where most people in west MS fish and the fishing is great. Actually, a ton of LA folks have places in Pass Christian/Bay St Louis. Then you have to Jordan River and the Wolf River that can satisfy your freshwater fishing needs. Plus great hunting in the area too. I'd highly recommend BSL or Pass Christian MS.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Redfish

Cash: 763

Lake Charles 20 minutes away from the best spec in redfising in Louisiana
Toledo Bend is an hour and a half away for excellent white perch and bass fishing.
East Texas has some great lake for salt and freshwater fishing
Houston is only 2 hours away it's a world-class Medical Center. we're all getting older
And this is good.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I second houma / raceland area, Big enough to have everything you need . not right on the coast . above the levee system but close enough to both fresh an salt water fishing

Third for Houma. I'd move there if i could.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamprat587 View Post

YUP!!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Dulac
Marsh fish
Bay fish
Gulf fish
Fresh water