SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354
Default Vudu review

OK vudu shrimp been out a while. I been fishing gulp 3 in. pearl white under a stopper now for years and I tried the vudu because of the supposedly toughness of it. In the last couple months I have used a gold and white double rig under a cigar float and have caught hardheads , sailcat , sheephead , white trout , specks , bass, and reds on same double rig and that was 2 limits of trout besides the lil ones . Finally lost one today because line popped ,30 # at knot tied on top by float when 2 reds were on at same time. And i did say bass . Bass love them. I been fishing western lake P. and catching a bass and trout or 2 bass at same time. Just wondering what others opinion of vudu shrimp. I think I will quit using gulp. I make my double rig 18 and 36 inches.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

I to am a believer in the VUDU, it is my favorite go to lure, second best is Gulp. I use all the colors as sometime colors are the key. I have not tried tying on a double VUDU yet... HMMMM, great idea! Have caught trout, reds, hard heads, gaff tops, ****heads, and white trout. No bass as of yet and we did really good on the bass this past Monday, but it was the she dogs and buzz baits that was doing the trick for the bass.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I personally dont thik they are worth what they cost, but people seem to like them. I also find people miss more fish on them than on a tko shrimp on a jighead. Thats just what I have observed on my boat
Old 06-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Hard heads love them things more than a gulp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I personally dont thik they are worth what they cost, but people seem to like them. I also find people miss more fish on them than on a tko shrimp on a jighead. Thats just what I have observed on my boat
I will agree with the missing more fish, I tend to miss more when the VUDU is on . I also tend to think the ones I am missing are the smallies it helps me get over that I missed a fish.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:19 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

When fishing them doubled under a cork, how does the top one not stay tangled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Red Snapper

I fish the gold which looks more natural in my opinion than the natural , 18 inches and the white chartrusse 36 inches . The bass are in with the trout n reds for some reason , first time I have caught them in the lake like this. I was using gulp and missing a lot so i threw the vudu double rig just for the heck and BINGO......
Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
When fishing them doubled under a cork, how does the top one not stay tangled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its kinda hard to see but i find when fishing a double rig if you use a 1/8 oz. on bottom and a 1/4 oz. on top there are very little tangles cause the bottom has more speed due to leverage on the throw so with smaller on bottom it doesn't pass up the top. I file down the bottom white one so its lighter and no tangles and the extended leadhead i believe is the cause of a lot of misses on smaller fish. I also file flat on the top one and it cut down on the misses a lot. Then again I really don't want to catch the smaller ones. I was averaging 4 gulps a trip. I used the same vudu rig 3 trips to pac. and 2 trips in lake P. The only reason I had to change was I had 2 reds at one time that were 18-20 inches and one popped by the center loop knot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (49.5 KB, 255 views)