SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
yeah i would rather sit and listen to the dixie chicks all day than hear that song just once, i can't believe they are passing that crap off as country music
guarantee you FloridaGeorgiaLine is what is killing all those fish and crabs at Rockefeller
Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion: Anyone been to Joseph's Harbor? - SaltyCajun.com
Old 06-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
This wil work 100% of the time and only cost you a dollar or so if you have iTunes, if not may have to buy a cd.

1. download Florida Georgia Line's song "this is how we roll' or 'cruise'. Has to be 'This is how we roll' with Luke Bryan though and 'cruise' feautring Nelly, if not it will take longer but will still work. Hopefully you have iTunes because anywhere in southwest La is going to be sold out of these

2. put in boat and head back to that pond

3. if reds are still there, you need to somehow block the entrance of that pond so that the reds can not escape

4. Turn on Florida Georgia Line and CRANK IT UP!

5. You will immediately see the fish going crazy and trying to escape from that aweful crap (reason for blocking that pond)

6. All the fish will be belly up in no time

7. Net your limit of fish

disclaimer: you will kill lots of non-target animals such as dolphins and seagulls and crabs. Also if you feel a rumble underneath you, do not worry its just all of the old dead country singers rolling in their graves

Amen my head hurts just thinking about that cr@$
Old 06-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Redfish

Cash: 810

Your cost is off. It's gonna cost at least a buck fifty. You forgot the earplugs needed to employ said technique.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_snipe View Post
Your cost is off. It's gonna cost at least a buck fifty. You forgot the earplugs needed to employ said technique.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 11:32 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

Wow that's surprising, schooling reds are usually a gimmie because they get so competitive and are making so much noise themselves that they typicall don't spook off of whatever you throw at them, I'm always throwing a fly into them, but I put a lot of people on schooling reds with spinning tackle and it's usually an instant eat. One thing that I think is important, when you see a school try to feed a specific fish, pick one out, lead it and make sure the bait just about hits him on the nose as it passes him. When the water is shallow their sight window is very small and it has to be right in front of him. I view it like shooting at ducks, if a big flight comes by, you don't just point at the group and shoot, you pick out one bird to shoot at, same with schooling reds.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
This wil work 100% of the time and only cost you a dollar or so if you have iTunes, if not may have to buy a cd.

1. download Florida Georgia Line's song "this is how we roll' or 'cruise'. Has to be 'This is how we roll' with Luke Bryan though and 'cruise' feautring Nelly, if not it will take longer but will still work. Hopefully you have iTunes because anywhere in southwest La is going to be sold out of these

2. put in boat and head back to that pond

3. if reds are still there, you need to somehow block the entrance of that pond so that the reds can not escape

4. Turn on Florida Georgia Line and CRANK IT UP!

5. You will immediately see the fish going crazy and trying to escape from that aweful crap (reason for blocking that pond)

6. All the fish will be belly up in no time

7. Net your limit of fish

disclaimer: you will kill lots of non-target animals such as dolphins and seagulls and crabs. Also if you feel a rumble underneath you, do not worry its just all of the old dead country singers rolling in their graves

I think you won post of the month!

Old 06-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

a trick I like to use is I put a straight hook in a cocahoe tail so its a slow suspending sink (dying baitfish) and I throw it out there and wait for the reds to come by, then I give it a twitch and as its sitting there suspended they often will fight over it until one grabs it.

I just assume when reds seam to not want to hit anything its because they are chasing minnows and only want something they target and chase down and not something that plops in nearby.

I have also gotten a few hits with a jig fished the same as the plain hook and cocahoe but I just swim it off the bottom as they approach.

in both cases the point is not to "land" the bait but have it already sitting there when they arrive.