SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 10-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271
Default V. Bay action

Well guys, despite all the not so great conditions this past week, I've been hearing of fish being caught. Monday some of our friends caught 42 under some birds around the cove, Tuesday my mom and dad went and caught 27 in the same area. My dad also hooked a big shark in weeks bay that day. Yesterday Dad, Jimmy Holier, and myself went and had a good time. Most fish were caught on lsu under popping corks in and around weeks bay. We caught some at the trash pile and some just fishing along the banks. Then we decided to go find some wind blown points and banks and thats where we caught the most casting right up against the bank. Also caught some of the fish on the bomber bondadunker. A lot of rat reds and some dink trout, but any topwater is fun if you ask me lol Even landed the fish in the picture which is 25 inches long and I guess about 5 pounds or a little bigger seeing our last 5 pound fish was 24 inches. Caught her on lsu under a popping cork just after a school of trout quit hitting. So whoever was asking if you should leave the school trout to find bigger fish, I'd say no since she was right behind them.

The last pic is of my parents long haired german sheppard 10 weeks old that one of our friends gave to us and now they can't decide if they want to keep her . Super smart dog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25 incher.JPG (69.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg libby.JPG (52.1 KB, 95 views)
Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Nice report, I'm gonna try to do some fishing Saturday morning in the bay. Hopefully the water isn't too rough for me to cross to trashpile and Weeks Bay. If it is I'll just have to stay between ICY and the Delcambre Canal area for some reds.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
Nice report, I'm gonna try to do some fishing Saturday morning in the bay. Hopefully the water isn't too rough for me to cross to trashpile and Weeks Bay. If it is I'll just have to stay between ICY and the Delcambre Canal area for some reds.
good luck man.. i hope that front doesn't mess it up for you! My dad's out there right now. I'm sure they are waxing some butt

I might go Sunday. Check the conditions first.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Yea, I'll more than likely be taking the boat out regardless. My wife is in a wedding and all the girls are gonna be getting their hair/makeup done at my house so I gotta get the hell away from all that lol.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
Yea, I'll more than likely be taking the boat out regardless. My wife is in a wedding and all the girls are gonna be getting their hair/makeup done at my house so I gotta get the hell away from all that lol.
oh yeah!! I hear you there
Sounds a lot like me and my dad. GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE BOY! lol

But man those trout are definitely moving in. We caught some way in some of the canals in weeks bay. So you should have some good luck as long as you find some ok water. We could only see our baits about 3in down and we still caught ok. For a while it felt like I was finess fishing for bass the way i was flipping my bait right next to the bank lol
Old 10-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 600
Default Great Report

Wanted to get out here this morning. Just couldn't fit it in with my old fishin' bud. Look out next week. Ain't about to do the weekend with all that company this time of year and tonight's front will certainly put the brakes on all. That big girl pictured is nice. Was it a lite hite or a slam?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaugereau View Post
Wanted to get out here this morning. Just couldn't fit it in with my old fishin' bud. Look out next week. Ain't about to do the weekend with all that company this time of year and tonight's front will certainly put the brakes on all. That big girl pictured is nice. Was it a lite hite or a slam?
To tell you the truth I wasn't even really paying attention when she hit. But it seemed like she steadily pulled down my cork. It wasn't slow or fast. She had my eel buried way in her mouth, couldn't reach it with my pliers even lol. I almost let her go, but she's the biggest I've ever caught. Next time I'm releasing. Feel bad...
Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Sand eel under a cork? Never tryed that before...nice fish jeremy,we might go out sunday before the saints game.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Sand eel under a cork? Never tryed that before...nice fish jeremy,we might go out sunday before the saints game.
Yes sirr we were thinking the same thing lol
Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

why are you wearing my hat.

mine looks exactly like that lol. use to be blue now its white
Old 10-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
why are you wearing my hat.