SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
We got contraband days! Lol
You got me I'm here to stay...gotta find my cutoff blue jean shorts and neon green mesh wife beater so I'll fit in
Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
We got contraband days! Lol
BR has Catfish town.... Not sure if that trash is still open.....

Really if I could live in any city in LA it would be Laffy. It is just big enough and still close to hunting and fishing spots. Next would be Lake Charles. Sadly, I live in TRASHY BR....Place F-IN sucks...city has ZERO culture.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
BR has Catfish town.... Not sure if that trash is still open.....

Really if I could live in any city in LA it would be Laffy. It is just big enough and still close to hunting and fishing spots. Next would be Lake Charles. Sadly, I live in TRASHY BR....Place F-IN sucks...city has ZERO culture.
But it does have LSU and we know how much you love it.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

And Lafayette has the ice gators if you enjoy watching hockey
Old 05-02-2012, 03:09 AM
Redfish

Cash: 822

I am at ULL and am about to finish my freshman year. I do enjoy going to school here. I am from metairie, which is 10 minutes from New Orleans, but i liked this school better than any around there. I do miss being able to fish and hunt when i like, but that is expected when you dont have access to the boat anymore. I think that you would enjoy it here. I can try to answer any questions about the school, but i have just been here one year. Oh, I forgot to mention that my major is criminal justice.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Redfish

Cash: 822

Its also finals week now so everyone is studying. Thats why im posting at 3 something in the morning.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Careful Chicken, them T-Sips can be mighty flakey. Hunters picks now are;Rice,aTm,LSU but out of state is dependent on a 32 on ACT. He is interested in the biotechnology fields and wants a more conservative student body, hence the exclusion of UT.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:15 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Their accounting department is not bad either, I have worked with some very smart professionals that went to ULL.
I believe it is ranked in the top 50 universities as far as passing rate on the exam. Over the last few years they have really tightened up the program. I graduated in Finance in 2010 and came back for my 150 hrs and it is way more intense than any other business classes out there. 1 more semester and I'm done though, so I can't wait! And they are in the process of strarting a Masters in Accounting program.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

I wish i would have my head screwed on as straight as you when i was your age!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

UL fa sho. Swear I saw a chick coming off campus a few days ago, she was an 11. And there are a bunch like that. I been alot of places and no where has beautiful women like Lafayette. U LC boys would crap your pants if u took a walk on ULs campus. Hell they got a swamp in the middle of campus that u could fish if u wanted to. That's why I didn't go to LSU. There girls are all stuck up and the nightlife is lame as hell. There is literally a at least one club in lafayette that will be full of hot women every day of the week. I graduated in 2006 in Business Management.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I believe it is ranked in the top 50 universities as far as passing rate on the exam. Over the last few years they have really tightened up the program. I graduated in Finance in 2010 and came back for my 150 hrs and it is way more intense than any other business classes out there. 1 more semester and I'm done though, so I can't wait! And they are in the process of strarting a Masters in Accounting program.
PM Sent.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Careful Chicken, them T-Sips can be mighty flakey. Hunters picks now are;Rice,aTm,LSU but out of state is dependent on a 32 on ACT. He is interested in the biotechnology fields and wants a more conservative student body, hence the exclusion of UT.
No doubt, Austin can be a little left of left which would not have been a good fit for me. Hunter sounds like a great student, you should be very proud of him. Tution at Rice is comparable to TCU from what I understand. My partner has a daughter in TCU right now and he is paying $38,000 a year to send here there. Very expensive, I need to save alot more money.

Those schools would not have been an option for me, for one they would have laughed at my grades in high school and there is no way me or my parents could paid anything close to those rates.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
How bad is the living over there though lol. The fishing and women is nice bonus.
Apartments?

the women are definitely the finest you'll ever see! haha every corner you'd swear you just saw the most gorgeous one you've ever seen, but then you turn the next corner and boom another one... anyway.....

I attended school there, pretty fun school and I didn't even live on campus.

Any time you want to hit some lakes though just holler at me. I'm always looking for people to go with, and I know the areas around there pretty well!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

I've been to the ul campus and good god!!!! If i went there i wouldn't get any school work done with all the partying and tail chasing.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Flounder

Cash: 609

If you are looking to work in I&E and play with drafting, then Lafayette is where you want to be....ITEC grad right here....Work in the oilfield in Lafayette as a designer with no plan to move West...got my fishing spots and a nice duck lease...a few extra bucks for more concrete and farther drive to the places I love...nope....If you get down here, we'll go fishing or make a duck hunt and I'll school you on what you need to do....
Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Brayden, let me throw this out there to you. ULL is great and so is the town, along the lines of what everyone has said here, it has pretty much been covered. Sure traffic is a mess, but what town isn't and besides, at ULL - you don't need to drive for much anyway! I attended both ULL and McNeese, and ULL was better since they had more to offer (classes, recreation, culture, etc.).

Now, what you want to pursue for a career needs to be looked at also. I have no regrets in my life, but after going to school for 3 years and working as a paramedic for 13, I now find myself in the oil/gas industry. To see what 22 y/o petroleum engineers are bringing in makes me sick to my stomach. Sure the medical field is great, especially nursing, but if I had to do it all over again - PE would be the ticket. I laugh to see what my brother-n-law spent in loans and college expenses to become a M.D. (general practice at that) compared to what he is making. He will work for 10 years to pay it off, making what I make in the office. These PE's are making double and unless they design a "flux capacitor" (sp?) that makes the use of hydrocarbon energy disappear, then we will need more than ever. With your grades/mentality/personality - the sky is the limit. ULL has one of the best PE programs around and big money jobs are waiting.

If you would like, let's set up a day when you can come to Lafayette, meet some of the guys that work for us and we can take you around the campus. I would also like to introduce you to the director of the PE school here at ULL so you can meet some of the students to see what they are working on and some of the things you can expect. Let me know, invitation is open!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Site Owner/Admin

This is a joke but....

After reading this thread you ULL folks can NEVER make fun of any LSU fans for being homers ever again. ULL > Harvard
Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

I graduated with a BS in Civil Engineering (2005). I loved it. The women are beautiful. The Christian ministries are really good on campus.

Depending on what you want to major in it might or might not be the right fit. If you want to work at the plants I believe the Instrumentation technology degree at McNeese might be the best place. If you want to go into Computer Science program I believe UL has the best one around.

The fishing and hunting opportunities are good and close. You could easily skidaddle to the Basin after class anytime. You could also hunt Indian Bayou and Sherburne which are in the basin. Wax Lake is closer to you as well.

UL just built some nice apartments on campus. They are building more and might even be getting ready to buy the old Lourdes hospital land that is just off campus. If this happens it will be great for the college.

The football team is good right now too. It is a good time to be a UL graduate........Yeah, if I had it to do over again I would go to UL
Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Easy.........just trying to help a kid out! Besides, I like to stir the pot, so I wear my McNeese colors when they play ULL.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Easy.........just trying to help a kid out! Besides, I like to stir the pot, so I wear my McNeese colors when they play ULL.
I know you do, me too....

This is the longest thread I have ever seen without a fight.