SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:32 AM
Flounder

Cash: 734
Default A bit of humor to start your day.... :-)

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to a big department store looking for a job. The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The kid says, "Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Texas."

Well, the boss wasn't sure, but he liked the kid and figured he'd give him a shot, so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down and asked how many sales he made that day.

The kid looks at his shoes sheepishly and says, "One."

The boss, shocked, says, "Just one? Our sales people average sales to 20-30 customers a day. That will have to change soon if you'd like to continue your employment here. We have very strict standards for our sales force here in California. One sale a might have been acceptable in Texas, but you're not on the farm anymore, son."

The kid took his beating. He sure did, but he continued to look at his shoes, so the boss felt kind of bad for giving him a hard time on his first day. He asked, in a sort of sarcastic manner, "How much was your one sale for?"

The kid frowns and says, "$201,237.64."

The boss says, "201,237.64?? What the heck did you sell?"

The kid then says, "First, I sold him a small fish hook. Then, I sold him a medium fish hook. Then, I sold him a larger fish hook. Then, I sold him a new fishing rod. Then, I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down at the coast, so I told him he was gonna need a boat; we went down to the boat department and I sold him that twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Mercedes would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him an 4x4 Expedition."

The boss says, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat AND a TRUCK!?!"

The kid says, "No, he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife, and I said, 'your weekend's shot, you might as well go fishing.'"
Old 07-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

Haha. Good stuff
Old 07-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

...that is a good....thank for the laugh..now I better get to work