SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,426
Default Big Lake Friday Morning

I have mostly monitored this forum all summer with a few posts but now I need some help. My son who loves to catch trout is coming in from college tonight and I want to take him to Big Lake Friday morning and put him on some fish. I was hoping that some of you who have been out this week could share with me where the fish are holding. If you don't want it broadcasted, send me an email at caswelllaw@aol.com Your secrets is mine, just need to put my boy on some fish. Thanks and Geaux Tigers, only 30 days until kickoff!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

all the reports i been hearing point the ship channel. thats a pretty long stretch so hope someone can help allittle better than me. .... i went yesterday evening caught a few under birds in south end. was mixed with ladyfish and some huge gaftop. seen a group by nine mile cut slaughtering them. don't know what they were using but they wouldn't bite nothing out of mine.... i was across the channel too didn't want nobody calling me a potlicker
Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Little story....about catching trout.

Shortly after moving to this area I was out fishing one morning. The winds were very calm and the water was good looking. There were several boats out fishing that morning and we all were moving around "Lake Charles" depending on where the fish were located. I was catching several each time I moved. I thought I was having a good day.

I had been watching another guy catch a lot of trout. We fished to gether on several different groups of birds. I even swithed to the exact bait he was throwing. I watched how he was working the bait and tried to do the same but he still out caught me 5 to 1.

I was fishing with a friend 6 months ago and he was smoking me. I finally asked him for one of is soft plastics baits.

I finally caught a trout....... but he caught 3 in the same time.

l later learned he was using a 1/8 oz jig head. That is a small differance but it made a big difference that day.