SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Redfish

Cash: 978
Default Sales tax now charged on used boats

I didn't see it posted anywhere on here, so I thought I would pass along the info. Beginning April 1. You will now be charged sales tax on the full boat, motor, etc on used boats. So keep this in mind if you're shopping for a used boat.

The sale of boats and vessels by Individual owners will be subject to state sales or use tax beginning April 1, 2016. The Department of Revenue requires a copy of a bill of sale and a copy of the previous -owner's registration with the US Coast Guard, and/or title registration with the state in which the boat was used. This documentation, along with a completed Boat Registration Tax Payment Certification (R-1331) should be forwarded to LDR (see Contact Options listed below). Once this has been done, the owner can proceed to the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries to complete the boat registration process.

http://revenue.louisiana.gov/Individ...atRegistration