SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2017, 10:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default North Turners Bay Flat Hazard!

Just thought I'd let everyone that may not know there are permanent polls put up for that new pipeline they ran on the flat that is on the northern most bank in Turners bay. A lot of guys take this short cut from launch, ICW, and just after the saltwater locks and cut that goes to Fred's Lounge they will cut across this flat in 1-2 feet of water into Turners Bay. It's actually posted before the deep cut back there now. I personally don't take this short cut cause I know how shallow that flat can get and once ur committed You Are committed! But I do catch a lot of mullet for bait and have caught several reds, trout and flounder back there. This time last year I was smoking the reds and when the shrimp were on that flat murdered the specks back there. Now almost half of it may be or is posted with several permanent poles across it with do not anchor and posted signs. How much water way can they post up before enough is enough. Not suppose to cross the washout on west side of black lake anymore and Idk if many fish it but at the right time of year there are some hogs back there! Same kind of shallow water with deep holes around it like the flat I'm talking about in turners bay. Man the more I think about it the more I'm curious if the posted signs are for real. I caught a lot of fish back there too. Anyone else see this yet?