SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271
Default 4/17/10

I went with my dad and good friend shawn today to big lake. Launched at Cal Point looked for birds around turners with pretty much no luck so we fished some current lines, picking up a few here and there. So we decided to go give Jordans spot a try and on our way we spotted a pretty flock of birds with only ONE boat on it. So i went WAYYY the F around it more than W's 400yards and stopped about 200 yards away then let the wind and trolling motor get it closer. We got their and the guy who "wasn't trying to be an *******" politely told us at first that we threw a big wake, which i couldn't understand how, so i apologized politely. Then he went on and on and on and on and on until the point that we got pissed off and told him OKAY WE GOT IT!!! (I never saw or felt our wake, we aren't idiots we're on some body of water every weekend)... oh yeah he was a "guide" and didn't think himself as a butthole but definitely was. He must of stayed on the phone the next 15 minutes probably calling his "guide" friends to ask where the fish are. Some "guide" huh??? lol Anyway we caught a few there also even tho my wake spooked them off. Douchebag. Dude chapped me lol Long story short we fished the warm flats around the lake picking up some nice fish. I caught my two personal best that i believed to be around 7.5 lbs cuz of my offbrand boga. Had bigtroutadvisory weigh them on their true boga only weighed over 6lbs. Made my stomach hurt that i had killed those fish after i tried keeping them alive all day in the live well. O and i hooked that big red and let my friend reel it in, which was probably more fun than it would of been for me reeling him in. He doesn't get the chance as often so i figured i'd let him tango with a big red. After all a very fun day. And sorry i had to kill those pretty fish... i nearly let them go too. Had them in the water working them back whenever i was convinced to keep and mount them. Sorry for the long read also but i hope you enjoyed it. The waders could of caught some monsters today i bet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.5.jpg (35.0 KB, 485 views)
File Type: jpg 15lber.jpg (46.9 KB, 487 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (73.5 KB, 490 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 003.jpg (79.0 KB, 749 views)