SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,087
Default Sad to miss out

So I had to share a little rant with my Salty family here. I was convicted of a felony when I was 19 and had my gun rights removed from me. I might add justifying so I did the crime I deserved it. Since then I have not even had as much as a speeding ticket since then and have worked diligently with you groups youth sports ministry anything I could to help kids not go down the same path. I applied for a Pardon around 6 years ago put my life in the news papers interviewed and went before the Senate committee who only approves 5% of pardons. I was approved 5 votes to zero with a Personel recommendation from one of the board members. Now it has sat on Mr Bobby Jindals desk since then waiting on his signature

I say all this because my 15 year old son went on his first hunt today. A binding experience every father should share with his son. Unfortunately I had to sit on the road as a friend finally took him. I might add after several years of friends promising to take him with no avail. I am sitting in the road now listening to the shots happy for him but sad I can't be there to share it with him.

Mr Jindal I hope you can feel my pain one day