SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 0
FlagUS Dularge Trout Fishing

Down In Dularge!

Running a little behind in posting reports as my computer had a virus issue and I caught one myself. Both are doing much better now! lol Last week was excellent(as is almost every day in Dularge) in regards to catching trout. People are catching trout and the numbers are crazy! Our area is loaded with fat fish and anyone can catch them because they are so plentiful. If you launch at Falgout Canal the furthest you have to run is Lake Decade and not even that far if you hit the canals instead of the lake. If you launch at the end of the road at Jugs, run south down Bayou Dularge and cut over to Bayou Seveur and Dunord and you'll find fish everywhere in those canals and natural bayous. Pay particular attention to the shallow reefs on warmer days and the deeper waterways when its really cold. The deadend canals are all holding fish as its a mid winter bite right now. Many fish are being caught near and in the mouths of cuts and bays which have deeper water nearby. Starting on the south end of Bayou Seveur or Dunord at Sister Lake one can work northward fishing all the cuts,points and intersecting bayous & have no problem finding fish. Do not pass up any points along the way as you'll find moving water and usually big numbers of trout. Don't be shy of fishing the main bayous themselves on a calm day as the fish can be caught while drifting right down the center with a slow retrieve of a chub or swimbait. We fished 4 deadend canals last week and caught big numbers of trout in all of them. The fish will always be stacked up all the way to the end of the canals so don't waste time fishing the front of these canals......I know because we did and it was not productive. Remember that on the warmer days the fish will relocate back to the flats and shallow marsh to feed. Last Thursday we started off in the deep canals but we had to make a move to 2-3 ft water depths to find our fish. We caught 100 fish by 9 AM and I noticed some of the same boats I had seen earlier still fishing in 8-9 ft of water and not catching much at all. The fish move around and are driven by water temperature and the presence of baitfish. You need to move around too checking different locations until you find them. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
985-851-6015

985-637-3712